Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer updated to 3.01?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Installer updated to 3.01?
    Anyone update this in installer and notice any changes? I've updated and as of yet not seen anything different.
    iphoneaddcitmmiqd4

Im having trouble updating mine... I'm guessing its permissions, cause I can install other apps. I try to update and it says main script execution failed... Where is it trying to exec from? I could change the permissions...

I updated and its working fine. No problems

me 2 no problems but no difference...

maybe they blocked cydia's source?

Quote Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
    maybe they blocked cydia's source?
    Nope, Cydia is working fine

Ended up fixing it with a chmod +s /Applications/Installer.app/Installer

Some of Ste’s “sponsor ads” are in the packages “header” now. For example, refresh your sources and then go to either Apollo or Books. You’ll notice that the heading will say “Package s/b Freeit4Less.com” for Apollo and “Package s/b PolarBearFarm.com” for Books.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by likwidfuzion View Post
    Some of Ste’s “sponsor ads” are in the packages “header” now. For example, refresh your sources and then go to either Apollo or Books. You’ll notice that the heading will say “Package s/b Freeit4Less.com” for Apollo and “Package s/b PolarBearFarm.com” for Books.
    That's been there for a while...before this update.
    iphoneaddcitmmiqd4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

actually, likwidfuzion is right.... its in the header now as well as in the description as opposed to just the description.

One problem I've found with the new installer... not sure if others have had the problem as well, but as soon as I installed it, I resprang and it reset my phone from the Apple logo. When it booted back up, I have no sound. No idea why. Any suggestions would be amazing as I need sound for my phone and I really don't feel like restoring again (I just did that 2 days ago to upgrade to 1.1.4)

Also, my ipod is not working at all.

I hate when people try to fix things that don't have a ******* problem. *sigh*
    Last edited by hedsick; 2008-03-02 at 01:03 AM. Reason: More problems.

headsick you need to reset your network settings. That will fix your sound 100 % guarantee

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

yoyo221 (2008-03-02)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Trying now, thanks for the tip.

Negative, didn't work.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. If I can't get it fixed in the next 20 mins or so (by the time I finish this bowl) I'm probably going to just bite the bullet and restore... AGAIN. This is starting to turn into more trouble then its worth.
    Last edited by hedsick; 2008-03-02 at 01:15 AM.

So, is there any need to update? Recommended?
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Quote Originally Posted by hedsick View Post
    Trying now, thanks for the tip.

Negative, didn't work.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. If I can't get it fixed in the next 20 mins or so (by the time I finish this bowl) I'm probably going to just bite the bullet and restore... AGAIN. This is starting to turn into more trouble then its worth.
    I had a similar problem last time.

Try playing a Ringtone in Settings > General > Sounds

If there is sound coming out, you just need to adjust your volumes.

If you used headphones before this happened and then unplugged the headphones, it'll somehow mess up the volumes like it did for me. Replug back in the headphones, turn up the volume, and it should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneaddict View Post
    That's been there for a while...before this update.
    Oh really? http://blog.psmxy.org/2008/03/01/important-news/

Last edited by likwidfuzion; 2008-03-02 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default update issue
    I also updated, my problem is everything I try and install/un-unstall give me a "Main Script Error" I have rebooted the phone and still have same issues.

Thanks in advance

just installed.same as before.
    i like cydia....better than installer and faster

Quote Originally Posted by vafirefighter View Post
    I also updated, my problem is everything I try and install/un-unstall give me a "Main Script Error" I have rebooted the phone and still have same issues.

Thanks in advance
    Install/Update Community Souces v3.6

I keep getting a "package download failed" when trying to uninstall or install anything.

howzitjoe

Only diff I have noticed is the opening page has less info guess this was a small bug fix like 1.1.4 ?

After refreshing sources a half dozen times it appears to be okay now.

howzitjoe

i updated and now im getting package download failed any ideas. i am on 1.1.4jailbroken