Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sketches

Jorge, I also crashed but once I restarted after initial installation there are no issues, so I wouldn't worry too much about the crashing, perhaps create a pop-up within Installer.app to restart phone once installation is complete.

Great app! Good work so far! The shaking worked great, I giggled in amazement. I'm not sure the sensitivity should change too much because like you said, we don't want the image erased accidentally. Perhaps even an "undo" button if that is even possible.

I had the same problem with the freezing until after a reboot, then everything worked fine. The shake strength does not need to be changed, it's perfect. If anything, maybe a slider should be added to adjust the shake strength. That would be ideal.

Obviously the ability to save would be great. Also, I'd like the ability to change the background color.

works great for me after a restart.. thanks dudes!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hahahaha so fun now they need more colors and be able to pick any pic

this app looks really cool... i'll be download it after i get out of class in a bit. great job putting it together and i look forward to future releases!

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    ...so reboot your phone unless you have another 'trick' to restart sb.
    Three methods I have used:

1. Installing and uninstalling a small app like Frotz (may not work).

2. Launch rSBT, save the order without making changes, and then quit rSBT.

3. Reload your current theme.

-----

It locked up for me once when I tried to delete my changes. I just installed it and had not restarted the phone so maybe that has something to do with it.

This is an excellent app with great potential. Lets say you're house hunting, take a photo and scribble your comments directly on the photo. Heck, this could even become a finger painting program like Kid Pix.

I like that you really have to shake the thing.

Suggestions:
    If we are drawing on a photo and quit the app, once we return it reloads the drawing, but not the photo. Maybe keep the photo.

Can you give us access to the same screen you reach when you first launch "Photos". How about the icons that the Camera app uses for gooey standardization?

God dammit, now I have to make another icon.
    Last edited by darngooddesign; 2007-09-07 at 08:22 PM.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    I am one of the developers of Sketches.

The application is on an early stage, but we wanted to put it out in order to get the kind of feedback you are providing. Thanks all very much for your comments.

We will place two buttons related to the camera: One for taking pictures, one for viewing the roll. Right now, when you hit the roll, you go to the camera, then you have to select a picture to use as background.

I will relax a bit the shaking requirements. I just didn't want people to erase unwillingingly because they moved the iPhone, but I will increase the sensitivity.

On the crashes, I am unable to reproduce them. It would help if you could provide a little bit more information: Did you have a picture from the camera roll? Did you have a very complex drawing? Is your iPhone space very low?

Once again, many thanks for the comments.
    Maybe you can create a preferences screen with settings for the shake sensitivity and stuff. That would be perfect for this!

Also, options for pen colors, sizes and shapes would be awesome.

Great Job!!!!!!!!

I was so ecstatic this morning to see this!!

I now have staff paper in the background, so I can jot down some music ideas down!! So I have those short ideas when I get busy to go to work!

This is brilliant I just wish there was saving besides doing a screenshot, and also the ability to change the input size, color ect.

Put great start!!!!

Keep up the AMAZING work!!

This app like NES is now part of my iPhone demo.

Keep pushing out the updates and making this better!! I love this and keep it up!

Default sketches feature request / different background, brushes, colors and
    along with being able to set different paint colors and brush sizes, i'd like to have the ability to choose a different default background - like the graph paper seen on the sketches website, or some sort of pulpy looking paper.

also, i'm glad to hear the sensitivity for shake will be decreased. it makes me nervous to vigorously shake my phone, so i've been relying on the trash button.

Thanks

Amazing dont chnage the sense or add a bar to change like said earlier. Amazing app makes my job so much fun tytytytyty

Amazing dont chnage the sense or add a bar to change like said earlier. Amazing app makes my job so much fun tytytytyty
    mayne u can hook up with the finder people so we can edit pics on the fly
    Last edited by pingwhen; 2007-09-08 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey, Can you add smear/smudge/warp or liquify features? lol Sorry I've gone too far.

Anyways, This is a great App!! Thanks for your hard work.
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

beNonentity1.0_/ beNonentity2.0_/ beNonentity3.1_/ beNonentity4.0_/
    DockTemplate_/ Dimming Dock_/ beNonentity4.1_Dock_/
    **Files above were made in Aug'07. No longer update.
    Clear Dock_/ Ocean_/

Wow. Sweet app. This is one thing I missed from my PocketPC. Thanks!

Thanks

this ones a keeper!

I installed the pxl version and had no problem. Please don't increase the sensitivity. I love this app! =D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seaofclouds View Post
    along with being able to set different paint colors and brush sizes, i'd like to have the ability to choose a different default background - like the graph paper seen on the sketches website, or some sort of pulpy looking paper.

also, i'm glad to hear the sensitivity for shake will be decreased. it makes me nervous to vigorously shake my phone, so i've been relying on the trash button.
    i'd bet theres a png you could replace to change the default background...

probably default.png in the Skethes.app directory

...just checked and that looks like the right image, although i haven't tried replacing it

Thanks

ya it works... but i like the backgroud

This used to work. Opened the application today and it just sits on the defult screen frozen for about 10sec then quites. Tried rebooting. Uninstalled and installed the application from Installer.app. Changed permissions, installed manually still same result. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Yeah, stopped working for me after day one....

it worked for me
    and i like to draw on the pictures

:]
    but i assume the updated version will be better.
    sometimes when i press things it tells me it hasn't developed it yet.
    so why'd they freaking put the button there, if it has no use?
    idk. cool app though :]

yea, sweet app but freezes on me too much
    it also freezes my phone when I'm not using it
    maybe still in the background/memory or conflict with another apps
    so I uninstalled and no more freezes...

soda

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast