Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Insomnia - Keeps your Internet connection alive!

so this app will decrease my battery usage. meaning if i have this app on, my battery will drain quicker?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

when will this be available on installer? I wish someone would come up with a fix so when we text on apollo or SMS the keyboard would work sideways!

nice little app, wish there was a way to have the option to leave it on - as when i reboot or respring it goes off by default
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

Quote Originally Posted by Quaddy View Post
    nice little app, wish there was a way to have the option to leave it on - as when i reboot or respring it goes off by default
    Yeah that's the only downside.
    Last edited by likwidfuzion; 2008-03-08 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks

any idea on when this app will be available in installer and if it is already! what's the source?

This app is sweet!! I have been using it for about a week with no real notable battery loss!! I'm on 1.1.4

Thanks

yet again is this in installer and what source

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    yet again is this in installer and what source
    No Installer. Manual only.

i installed it for 1.1.4 manual through winscp but it doesnt work.

i load it up and it just restarts to springboard.

how do i change it to 775? or whatever.

can someone pm me.

installed it and it worked fine But when i use it, it sometimes automatically restarts my iphone any suggestions?

and it still loggs me out of my mobile chat after a while in sleep mode. is that normall. After it loggs me it out it still says on so idk what to do
    Last edited by littleboy683; 2008-03-12 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Insomnia is now in Ste's repository in Installer

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

very cool. it's under the folder utilities in installer...

i haven't tested it out, but if you click on the icon, it turns it on and has a little "on" badge on the app and click on it again, it turns it off.

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    very cool. it's under the folder utilities in installer...

i haven't tested it out, but if you click on the icon, it turns it on and has a little "on" badge on the app and click on it again, it turns it off.
    yes you are right. i have tested the installer version and works for me too.
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

this is not like johntool in that it works... lol. Well to be fair johntool does exactly what it says it is going to do but it is a little misleading. It basically was a fix for an old bug that caused edge to not be connected after a while, not really having anything to do with keeping it active while slept. This insomnia tool however works perfectly on 1.1.4 for me and keeps my connection alive! I LOVE IT! long live background applications. down with official sdk! I SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE TO DRAIN MY BATTERY IF I WANT TO!
    iPhone: iPhone 3G (had original OTB 1.1.1)
    firmware: 2.1
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)
    service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
    MMS: not applicable

do i need download and have insomnia on if i lock my phone for a couple minutes and want agilemessenger or even fring to stay up? since i've seen everyone talk about mobilechat.

anyone know if theres another way to keep wifi/3g constantly awake without the need for an app? maybe trick the iphone to think its charging (as far as i understand wifi/3g stays connected while charging or connected to power) i have found that after a while, insomnia switches off or it says its on and when i unlock my iphone the wifi icon is disconnected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12