Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard

Quote Originally Posted by Stadsport View Post
    This is a terrific app but it really does need some options. Those I can think of right now are:
    -Darkening: On/off/adjustable
    -Dock: All one big scrollable surface (dock icons act like normal icons and no separate image for it) or how it is now.
    Darkening: On/off/adjustable
    this option will be perfect, i really don't like how the wallpaper looks now

anyway this app is awesome

Green Apple
    Thanks

mark me as another one who does not like the wallpaper darkening. Screwed my nice little seamless dock all up. I have not seen any release notes for any version of this so far. It'd be nice to be warned about stuff like that.

anyone have the previous version backed up?

The Wallpaper darkeining is lame.

Note to everyone though.. if you want to match your dock to your wallpaper in Summerboard.. Save the dock with a 50% opacity =) It will match them up perfect.
    To get the dock > Clip the bottom 91x320 px off your 320x480 wallpaper
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Quote Originally Posted by west View Post
    Darkening: On/off/adjustable
    this option will be perfect, i really don't like how the wallpaper looks now

anyway this app is awesome

http://pxl.ibrickr.com/SummerBoard-1.2.pxl

Last edited by Zen_Azazel; 2007-09-04 at 04:39 PM. Reason: e

Quick ? - Have you been able to uninstall (without problems) through Installer.app?

I tried an early version (not sure which one) but when I uninstalled it, it trashed my phone and I had to restore. I'd like to try the newest version but only if I can safely remove it

Oh and all the discussion around the 'darken', it's most likely being done by one of the CoreGraphics routines. The code was / is still in iLauncher too. Looking at how its intertwined I'm not sure its practical as a preference setting.

How do you get this onto the installer app?? I see the right click and save but where in your computer do you find this folders??

Any help, would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    ya there is now a 3rd party app section where all the program you want to show up after the first 16 icons. It is kinds replacing the "special section" in the displayorder.plist. That section doesn't seem like it works anymore.

Edit: I have 23 icons showing with my Aqwoah 1.4 icon set. Might give you a good example list.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    The Wallpaper darkeining is lame.

Note to everyone though.. if you want to match your dock to your wallpaper in Summerboard.. Save the dock with a 50% opacity =) It will match them up perfect.
    To get the dock > Clip the bottom 91x320 px off your 320x480 wallpaper
    i agree

Here are some VERY QUICK samples that will match up.
    Wallpaper = 23.png
    Wallpaper Thumbnail = 23.thumbnail.png
    (or 24.png 24.thumbnail.png etc etc etc etc)
    Dock. =SBDockBG2.png (DOCK IS SET TO 50%Opacity TO MATCH WALLPAPER)

Im sure you can figure out how to make your own =)
    Wallpapers go in Library>wallpapers in sequential order. Note the filenames
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -23.png   -sbdockbg2.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 2007-09-04 at 06:08 PM. Reason: filenames
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Agreed, but why would we want to do this every time we changed skins? Just more of a hassle.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    How do you get this onto the installer app?? I see the right click and save but where in your computer do you find this folders??

Any help, would be much appreciated.

Thanks...

Marc
    that file will be wherever you saved it. Now in your iphone goto folder var/root/Library/Installer and drop that file into there overweiting the existing one in there.

save it where on my computer first or download it from my iphone?

Thanks...

that file will be wherever you saved it. Now in your iphone goto folder var/root/Library/Installer and drop that file into there overweiting the existing one in there.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just want to let everyone know, I have uploaded a updated version of Aqwoah_1.4. New icons added(BitchX,Chat,iShare & Term-VT110).

I have also added added a info.plist to each program(icon). This will give you the ability to hide the icons you don't have programs for, as they will now show up in rSBT. Be warned though, if you tap on one of the icons for a program you don't have installed(usually has no text under it), then it will lock your iPhone up. Just be warned that the icons now have text under them. Once this icon set is installed, goto rSBT and hide the icons for the programs you know you don't have.

save it where on my computer first or download it from my iphone?

Thanks...

Save it to your PC and then transfer it over to your iPhone

Thanks for all this...but how do you add it onto the phone? I guess we save it on our MAC, but how do we move it onto the iphone?

Thanks..

Marc
    Just want to let everyone know, I have uploaded a updated version of Aqwoah_1.4. New icons added(BitchX,Chat,iShare & Term-VT110).

I have also added added a info.plist to each program(icon). This will give you the ability to hide the icons you don't have programs for, as they will now show up in rSBT. Be warned though, if you tap on one of the icons for a program you don't have installed(usually has no text under it), then it will lock your iPhone up. Just be warned that the icons now have text under them. Once this icon set is installed, goto rSBT and hide the icons for the programs you know you don't have.

Save it to your PC and then transfer it over to your iPhone

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks for all this...but how do you add it onto the phone? I guess we save it on our MAC, but how do we move it onto the iphone?

Thanks..

Marc

I don't have a Mac, so I am not sure of the process you need to take to get it on your Phone. You need some kind of iPhone browser, so you can browse through your iPhone files. Once you find the var/root/Library/Installer folder then just drop and drag that file you downloaded(PackageSource.plist) into folder(thats how I do it through windows). Hopefully someone with a mac here can help name a program.

Edit: Maybe something like this.

Ok, well I appreciate you trying to help. Just not quite sure the process using a MAC getting it onto the phone. I guess I will have to wait. But, thanks for trying.

Marc

I don't have a Mac, so I am not sure of the process you need to take to get it on your Phone. You need some kind of iPhone browser, so you can browse through your iPhone files. Once you find the var/root/Library/Installer folder then just drop and drag that file you downloaded(PackageSource.plist) into folder(thats how I do it through windows). Hopefully someone with a mac here can help name a program.

Edit: Maybe something like this.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I would recommend checking out the Wiki/Guide Section. There is a guide on SFTP, which essentially gives you drag and drop file browsing of your iPhone.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

SummerBoard 1.4 is out now and the scrolling is soooo much smoother

Ok, will do. Thanks so much from everyone for the help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    I would recommend checking out the Wiki/Guide Section. There is a guide on SFTP, which essentially gives you drag and drop file browsing of your iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

1.4 is way smother

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast