Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard

This seems to be working great... however, it only seems to work smoothly for a while. After a little bit, it begins to slow down and become a lot more choppy. If you want to see what I mean, restart your phone. Notice how the text under the icons are smooth and the scrolling works well. Use a couple of apps... maybe make a phone call or two... and come back to the home screen and try it again. The text has become more jagged (and harder to read) and the scrolling lags.

I'm not complaining... this is a great, new app. I just hope they're aware of this and are working to fix it with an update.

Another update on installer. scrolling is a little smoother. Note that the wallpaper is toned down so icons are easier to see. Nice effect.

Quote Originally Posted by shizzabrick View Post
    Another update on installer. scrolling is a little smoother. Note that the wallpaper is toned down so icons are easier to see. Nice effect.
    ooo... i like the darkening of the wallpaper! i'll play around with it a bit and see if it still slows down after some usage.

yay for all these updates! keep up the great work!!

Bah, now I can't update. If I wanted a darker wallpaper I would make one.

Still no fix on the icon bug hope lg reads here I know others reported the same problem on other forums but i dont see anyone here talking about it.. version 1.0 I had all applications listed now every update I have a max 17 icons but many many more apps installed should be like 24

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah I hate the darkining of the background, this sucks

Quote Originally Posted by alb0zf1n3st View Post
    Still no fix on the icon bug hope lg reads here I know others reported the same problem on other forums but i dont see anyone here talking about it.. version 1.0 I had all applications listed now every update I have a max 17 icons but many many more apps installed should be like 24
    hmm the solution i used was to get rsbt off installer.app and then move whatever icons werent listed.... in the 3rd party app section and voila ur icons are back and now u also dont have to look at the crappy fieldtestapp icon and demoapp icon. Hope that helps.

Also use mobilefinder and delete folders of apps that you are not using from your application folder...i have 25 apps and no extra icons without text

Can someone who has updated look to see if there is an image used as an overlay to darken the wallpaper. If so I can update and just delete the image.

Thanks.

Personally, I really like the background darkening... cuz now I can use a wallpaper for my unlock screen, and have it look nice behind my icons.
    (smoovie: if you did this yourself, it would eff up the unlock screen)

The developer really needs to make a preference app though. Other than that, this is great.

BTW, if you're annoyed that the icon for SongSender isn't transparent around the edges, like all the others... I quickly masked out the black part in photoshop and made this:

Just install OpenSSH w/ Installer.app, and use SCP to put the icon.png in /Applications/SongSender.app
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yeah, I appreciate the idea of darkening the background but I'd really like for it to be either darker or off. A preferences app would be IDEAL or even better, somehow sneak some preferences into the Settings app.

Ir wouldn't hurt the unlock screen because they would be the same.

I agree that some options would be welcome for this like the ability to set different walls but it's only been what .... a day. LOL Plenty of time.

I still want to know if the dimming is done by an image though.

I just now noticed that the wallpaper shows up behind it. I was wondering how that came into play without any preferences anywhere! but only my 3rd party apps are transparent behind them. all of the other ones have black around them and aren't see through at all. anyone know how to fix this??

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm with smoovie I hate the darkining, if there's any way to remove I please post it

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ya there is now a 3rd party app section where all the program you want to show up after the first 16 icons. It is kinds replacing the "special section" in the displayorder.plist. That section doesn't seem like it works anymore.

Edit: I have 23 icons showing with my Aqwoah 1.4 icon set. Might give you a good example list.
    Last edited by HighTymes; 2007-09-04 at 06:51 AM.

I sure wish darkening were an option as I had a matching wallpaper and dock so it looked seamless.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

This is a terrific app but it really does need some options. Those I can think of right now are:
    -Darkening: On/off/adjustable
    -Dock: All one big scrollable surface (dock icons act like normal icons and no separate image for it) or how it is now.

Default A picture of a dog...???
    Does anyone else have a picture of an ugly *** dog that comes up over the icons on the springboard after the install of Summerboard? If it's not Summerboard, where the hell is it? I uninstalled Summerboard, and it disappeared. It sucks, because I'm really digging Summerboard so far!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Does anyone else have a picture of an ugly *** dog that comes up over the icons on the springboard after the install of Summerboard? If it's not Summerboard, where the hell is it? I uninstalled Summerboard, and it disappeared. It sucks, because I'm really digging Summerboard so far!
    never have seen that dog in any of the summerapp installs

I take it back... It's not Summerboard at all... Here's a screenshot: WTF???

I found it!!! Some MORON thought it'd be funny to make that Dog picture the icon.png inside one of the Digg.com app's made with "Apper". Maybe when he was browsing for the icon he wanted to use, he chose the wrong picture...? BTW, the one up in the "Misc. Apps" archive up here DOES NOT have this as the Digg icon. Frustrating, but a good learning experience...
    Last edited by Berserker; 2007-09-04 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast