Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    Yes this is how it works, theoretically, this replaces dockswap.

/var/root/library/summerboard/themes

So you can create your own theme as follows -
    Create a new folder titled what you want your theme to be titled and put the following files in there
    dock = Dock.png
    minidock = MiniDock.png (optional)
    wallpaper = Wallpaper.png
    thank you so much man, no i can have my old dock back, thanks

sweet, just uploaded 20 themes to summerboard, great feature!
    Hit Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

SummerBoard 2.0 FTW!!!! You can create as many themes as you want... Oh man, it kinda makes dockswap obsolete, but I need to start cleaning some of these apps out anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaz View Post
    thank you so much man, no i can have my old dock back, thanks
    No prob, I love this feature

So What is with iSwitcher Now? I like the idea of iSwitcher being able to have different DisplayOrder lists with each theme. Now we constantly have to be switching the RSBT icons around. CyberGreg, You THere?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

it doesn't change icons though does it?

It occurs to me that both the rSBT and Sb worked together on the updates. Think about it, without minidock you can only fit 5 icons yets rSBT allows you to choose ten icons, which will all fit on mini dock.
    Various 'Books old and new
    8 Giggity, Giggity, Gigg-it-y.

Can someone please post SummerBoard 1.91? I need to go back to the previous version for obvious reasons.

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ryaker View Post
    Summerboard 2.0 is very cool, but it now overides rSBT and DockSwap prefs. These developers need to talk, so when you say you want 5 icons on your dock in one app the next app doesn't overwrite it. And when you pick a dock background its not over ridden.
    Excellent idea and several of us do... rSBT + iSwitcher, integration comes to mind

I have also collaborated with Erica Sadun but seems like you have to be in some sort of "clique" to be "in" with the iPhone Devs team. I have no desire to hang out in some IRC channel, believe it or not I do have a life

Granted I'm a hack and not in their league so I can handle it
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-09-14 at 07:21 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaciejN View Post
    Can someone please post SummerBoard 1.91? I need to go back to the previous version for obvious reasons.

Many thanks.
    Are you f****** kidding!!!!!!! Theres no reasons at all to go back to the 1.9.1 version, wow some people are unpleaseable. Summerboard 2.0 is the best to come to the iphone sinces the iphone!!.

Ive added over 50 themes to summerboard, im so going to donate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
    Are you f****** kidding!!!!!!! Theres no reasons at all to go back to the 1.9.1 version, wow some people are unpleaseable. Summerboard 2.0 is the best to come to the iphone sinces the iphone!!.

His first post was to ***** about something that is free, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post

... and where would that 'donate' button be? Are you sure it's the iPhone Dev team? I'm not busting balls, I would really like to know where to donate.
    Thanks

kainisable and sogo,

Since both of you seem to have such big brains in thinking that 2.0 is so much better than 1.9.1 then tell me this: How can I have a 5 icon dock with the background of my choice and a springboard that skips the 4th icon row using Springboard 2.0, rSBT 0.3.3 and Dockswap?

I'm not ******** about anything. The apps are great, but 2.0 produced a compatibility issue with the aforementioned apps.

Grow up.
    Last edited by MaciejN; 2007-09-14 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks

then just go back to stock software with no mods. These mods are free. lets appreciate what we get. The SB devs are reading and will get features in as they can. sure it would be nice to get dockswap and 5 icons working at full size but lets give them time to work it out. I bet it will get in there.

keep it up devs!!!!!!!!

just a note. now that we have a preferences, screen, they should add a toggle to disable or enable the SB.
    Last edited by ComputerGeek96; 2007-09-14 at 04:54 PM.

kainisable and sogo,

Since both of you seem to have such big brains in thinking that 2.0 is so better than 1.9.1 then tell me this: How can I have a 5 icon dock with the background of my choice and a springboard that skips the 4th icon row using Springboard 2.0, rSBT 0.3.3 and Dockswap?

I'm not ******** about anything. The apps are great, but 2.0 produced a compatibility issue with the aforementioned apps.

Grow up.
    5 Icon thing doesn't work but I can help you with the rest. [[Edit: Apparently it does work if you turn on mini dock]]

In 2.0 if you turn "Hide dock labels" on the 4th row skip doesn't work. Turn hide dock labels off and skip last row on, that will fix the 4th row thing. (if you dont want the text you can manually edit it out)

Custom dock - Upload your image under var/root/Library/Summerboard/Themes/XXXXX (xxxxx = make a folder with whatever you want to call your dock) with the name of Dock.png Go into summerboard and change your theme to the new one you just made. (can also add background image and mini dock image if you like, just brows one of the default theme folders to find the names out, cant remember them right now)

After that you can remove dockswap.
    Last edited by Airscape; 2007-09-14 at 05:00 PM.

Airscape,

I appreciate your lucid and articulate response.

Maciej

P.S.
    In case someone other than me wants 1.91 it's located here: http://iphone.nullriver.com/zips/Summerboard-1.91.zip
    Last edited by MaciejN; 2007-09-14 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks

Airscape,

I appreciate your lucid and articulate response.

Maciej

P.S.
    In case someone other than me wants 1.91 it's located here: http://iphone.nullriver.com/zips/Summerboard-1.91.zip
    Do you even bother reading the posts in here?

Yeah I did, and if you did you could see that there is no work around, as of yet, for everything that I would like.

I asked for a simple request not bashing anyone or any app.

I like Summerboard. However, I also like the ability to change docks ON THE FLY without having to WinSCP into my computer or make themes for summerboard to do it. I also have large fingers, so "just use the minidock for 5 icons" really isn't an option for me. Therefore, even though I like what they did with 2.0, I (like a LOT of other people) have to go back to 1.91. It breaks Dockswap. I can live with that. However, it also breaks rSBT's 5 icons on the dock with fullsize dock feature. I can't live with that. I'll put 2.X of Summerboard on, as I'm sure the developers will fix the problem with that release. No need to bash folks just because they don't agree with you. And yes, I don't have many posts on here. That doesn't mean anything as far as I am concerned.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ugapug For This Useful Post:

MaciejN (2007-09-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ugapug View Post
    I like Summerboard. However, I also like the ability to change docks ON THE FLY without having to WinSCP into my computer or make themes for summerboard to do it. I also have large fingers, so "just use the minidock for 5 icons" really isn't an option for me. Therefore, even though I like what they did with 2.0, I (like a LOT of other people) have to go back to 1.91. It breaks Dockswap. I can live with that. However, it also breaks rSBT's 5 icons on the dock with fullsize dock feature. I can't live with that. I'll put 2.X of Summerboard on, as I'm sure the developers will fix the problem with that release. No need to bash folks just because they don't agree with you. And yes, I don't have many posts on here. That doesn't mean anything as far as I am concerned.
    it would be kewl if they added a dock feature in the SMB to allow us to choose like they did with the wallpaper settings.

to the SMB developers....could you release some documentation, changelog, and bug/request submissions please?!?!

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast