Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

used to get it when I had dock installed, haven't got it since I uninstalled

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

dudes!!!!!!! Summerboard 2.0 is out with a bunch a new features!!!!!! Mini dock is so cool!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Summerboard 2.0 is very cool, but it now overides rSBT and DockSwap prefs. These developers need to talk, so when you say you want 5 icons on your dock in one app the next app doesn't overwrite it. And when you pick a dock background its not over ridden.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
    dudes!!!!!!! Summerboard 2.0 is out with a bunch a new features!!!!!! Mini dock is so cool!!!!!
    Damn, I just checked installer like 5 minutes ago.

Confirmed, it is there, woot

Summerboard 2.0 is pretty cool, but it breaks DockSwap!!!!!!

Its nice, but I want my dock swap and rbst stuff back. wish i hadn't updated.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

rSBT still works for me, you just have to save it again and then it holds.

I like the wallpaper options. Looks like Settings is your lock screen wallpaper and theme is another location where a wallpaper can go for themes

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

a little buggy and feels much slower than previous version

turning on and off your phone does help with any problems (i was having problems getting my background to show up..)

hopefully the developer integrates a way to rearrange icons on the go like rsbt did (doesn't work now)
    Last edited by lifesmymachine; 2007-09-13 at 09:56 PM. Reason: fixed
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

it works if u Ise the mini dock for us five iconers

Indeed a little buggy. rSBT does work, but you might have to go back into it and re-tweak it. I also had an initial issue with the last row hiding correctly, but that's fixed after restart.

I appreciate what the developer is trying to do with themes and such, but it breaks other app functionality (most notably DockSwap). If this feature is going to stick, there needs to be an option not to select a theme, but to select a wallpaper and a dock separately.

It would be great to have all of that in one app, but as for now I think 2.0 was a downgrade for me because I liked my old dock so much.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I thought it had a totally different feel to it and was at first disappointed til I realized that the snap to grid feature was defaulted to ON after initial install.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Looks like the theme under other is like a dockswap replacement that doesn't require you to restart springboard. So if you like say another dock that isn't on there, you may be able to load it into summerboard now and switch to it on the fly now through summerboard. If you want a wallpaper togo with that theme, then you might be able to have it come up with the dock you want if you select theme for wallpaper as well but if you want your lock screen wallpaper then you select "settings".

Pretty cool if so but won't know until i get home and look into my iphone and see for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    Looks like the theme under other is like a dockswap replacement that doesn't require you to restart springboard. So if you like say another dock that isn't on there, you may be able to load it into summerboard now and switch to it on the fly now through summerboard. If you want a wallpaper togo with that theme, then you might be able to have it come up with the dock you want if you select theme for wallpaper as well but if you want your lock screen wallpaper then you select "settings".

Pretty cool if so but won't know until i get home and look into my iphone and see for myself.

Yes this is how it works, theoretically, this replaces dockswap.

/var/root/library/summerboard/themes

So you can create your own theme as follows -
    Create a new folder titled what you want your theme to be titled and put the following files in there
    dock = Dock.png
    minidock = MiniDock.png (optional)
    wallpaper = Wallpaper.png

15. The Following User Says Thank You to s2kpdx For This Useful Post:

Maaz (2007-09-14)

love it!

now i can have a separate wallpaper and background!

the concept of themes is perfect here. in each of mine, the dock matches the background, so a utility like dockswap is no longer necessary. plus, i kinda like that i can revert to apple's default dock image, and keep all my themes in one spot. nice implementation!

Super cool! I'd like to donate some money! can i send paypal??

Thanks

Thumbs up Kudos!
    WOW! This is really first-rate. Thanks to the dev aces at Nullriver for the quick and outstanding work!!!

If app icons could be added to the theme folder (i.e. - phone.png, ipod.png, mail.png, etc.), fully customizing each theme would be realized.

I dream of custom themes for not just the home screen, but the whole shabang...
    ...custom sliders (unlock, power off), buttons, Bardialers, etc. It appears to me that SummerBoard is up to the task to replace most graphics on the iPhone on the fly.

App icons would be a great start.

Again, thanks for a super app and keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by BogeyJH View Post
    WOW! This is really first-rate. Thanks to the dev aces at Nullriver for the quick and outstanding work!!!

If app icons could be added to the theme folder (i.e. - phone.png, ipod.png, mail.png, etc.), fully customizing each theme would be realized.

I dream of custom themes for not just the home screen, but the whole shabang...
    ...custom sliders (unlock, power off), buttons, Bardialers, etc. It appears to me that SummerBoard is up to the task to replace most graphics on the iPhone on the fly.

App icons would be a great start.

Again, thanks for a super app and keep up the good work.

I agree, I am sure that is doable (and probly next on the list).

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i dont like it unless they do something like finder and use other programs

A cool update, it looks like SMBPrefs has given the devs a LOT of freedom, and I like it. I just wish it played nice with DockSwap, or had an option to select dock images (basically a way to make "themes" on the fly).

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast