Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PDANet is on Cydia...working?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The issue with it dropping connections has been fixed. The latest update addressed that.

Default Why isn't PdaNet getting more buzz!
    Yes there have been three limited solutions to tether, one that was on-off-on-off again in the AppStore and two (iPhoneModem) in Cydia. All three only did socks proxy so it was pretty much limited to web browsing. Since PdaNet popped up in Cydia, I send a story hint to ( GIZMODO, ENGADGET, TUAW ) and none of them have picked this up. It surprising that the limited tethering solutions generated all the buzz months ago but this %100 WI-FI router solution on the iPhone can't see the light of day.

Most of the news seems happy to keep on the good graces of Apple and not highlight 3rd party apps unless they are useless toys.

I'm scratching my head on this one.

I tried PdaNet as soon as I saw it posted. It worked well and will definitely help out in a pinch.

You can find it here PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I was out of town all last week in the middle of absolutely nowhere. The location I was at was having serious problems with their sattelite downlink, so there was no internet access. I was able to successfully use PdaNet throughout the week to maintain access to the net when I needed it. Also, just a note - it works equally well on both MAC and Windows.

Another interesting sidenote - while at the airport, there was no free wifi. So, by using PdaNet, I was quite able to successfully connect to the internet on only a 3G connection on the iPhone, and stream my SlingPlayer in a more-than-acceptable fashion, watching the NFL game. (Oh, for an iPhone SlingPlayer client)

Unhappy Pdanet not working....
    Hi!
    Got a 3G and the latest version of Pdanet.
    I have a Mac Air I am trying to get to the internet using the iPhone and the Pdanet software (free trial).
    The phone is jailbroken and is running 2.2.
    Pdanet installed fine, via Cydia and I followed all the instructions to the dot.
    Created an ad-hoc network and opened Pdanet. Rebooted phone, after went into settings, selected the ad-hoc network, opened Pdanet and got the following message:

Computer connected!
    On the screen I see the bytes (sent and received) changing, but for some reason I still can NOT surf the net on my laptop.
    The 3G connection is fine, I can open the weather app on my phone and I get the up-to-date info.
    Help anyone?
    Tks,
    Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123