Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PDANet is on Cydia...working?

Thanks

Drops after about 3 minutes....what gives.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    You probably need to set your phone not to sleep. Or, maybe use insomnia to keep the wifi connection active.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Does anyone know how to configure it on a Macbook [with a proxy tho.]
    I can do DNS lookups from the laptop. But my phone provider uses a Proxy.
    I’m with Vodafone Australia. who has a similar set-up to the 5.99 t-zones plan in America. [think proxy set up]
    The phone and lappy connect just fine. I got the internet working on the iphone by putting the proxy into the preferences.plist but the lappy wont have any of it.
    Lappy resolves google.com to its IP but nothing else passes through.

Im thinking this is a proxy issue.

*I sent this to Fabric support:
    I can set up and connect correctly between iphone and macbook.
    I can \”ping google.com\” from the laptop and it resolves googles IP but looses 100% of packets. [but then again so does the iphone anyway]
    The browser on the laptop times out, while the iphone works fine.
    Vodafone Aust uses a proxy for edge connections.
    Should I put the same EDGE proxy in my laptops preferences also?
    Should there be and exclusions in the laptops proxy exclusions?
    Clearer instructions for set up on a Mac would be great.
    Thanks.
    *And only got this in reply:
    I am not sure about the “Proxy” requirement for your carrier. I guess in order for PdaNet to work your phone need to have direct Internet connection like ours in the US. I am also not sure if it will help to set the proxy on the computer end.
    Thanks,
    June Fabrics PDA Software Support
    Not much help…..
    Anyone on T-Zones 5.99 plan got this working? [with the proxy]
    Any ideas would be great.

Thanks Craig

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Works perfectly for me with my iPhone3G and a Vista Ultimate laptop. JuneFabrics knows their stuff - I have used PdaNet for years on my WM phone before switching to the iPhone. I am very glad that this arrived. And at the right price, too!

i gave it a kick and dang this app goes....you can use any app/progg on you comp that uses internet. i get a msg on the app saying to check data or something like that but connection still good.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Going back to PdaNet on your phone will stop the auto-lock timer. And you should cover the upper part of the phone or face it down as well so that it will turn off the screen.

It is all documented at
    PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac

So I am using PdaNet to get here right now. It took about 1 minute for me to set it up on my MBP with Leopard and iPhone 3G AT&T. I happen to also have AT&T uverse at home where my office is and it went into an update and is upgrading my TV and Internet. So I switched over to PdaNet and I've been using it for about 30 minutes. I'm getting 521Kb download and 251Mb upload according to speedtest. Gotta remember to keep the phone on PdaNet or somehow keep it from going to sleep or you lose the connection. I've even been on the phone about 20 minutes of the time I'm using it to keep everything from IM to Mail and browsing at the same time.

This thing rocks! I already have a 3G card for my laptop...might save myself $60 a month and cancel that. I've already asked them if I can pay them something for this app which is currently FREE! If I drop my 3G card, that saves me literally $720/yr! Enough to buy another iPhone!

Doc

Thanks

app is left open, with the screen on.

the download speed just freezes and i need to disconnect/reconnect on my mac to get it to work again.

its pretty useless like that
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

I must be doing something wrong because I can't get it to work. I created the adhoc network on my XP laptop. I connected to the adhoc network on my laptop. I connected to the the adhoc network on my phone. I launched pdanet and it connects successfully. I can see packets going in/out. But when I launch FF or IE I get errors no matter where I surf.

I don't recall the error but it was something like, "$error$ codes."

So I used PdaNet for about 2 hours today. It worked flawlessly the whole time. I pulled about 12MB of info and pushed out about 6MB. Have to go in and look at the old bills and see how much data I usually use. But if I just need to use it occassionally, this sure looks like a good solution to me.

However, it sure sucks battery! I had it plugged into the computer the whole time and it still took me to 20% battery in that 2 hour timeframe (though I was also on the phone about an hour of that as well as lots of texting).

Doc

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Working great! Definitely the best tethering solution yet. Its nice being able to just connect and have full internet with all apps.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    it seems to freeze the reboot the phone if used to long. Guess when the battery gets to low it acts funny well for me anyways, the damn charger is not fast enough to charge when using 3g.
    yeah no surprise, its just a pretty heavy load, when i had this app for my palm treo. it would do that after awhile. got real hot and just eventually restarted. im assuming the iphones did it cause they dont have much more mhz than the treo's just constantly loading stuff..

anyone notice if internet pages load faster or slower? (compared to iphones safair

yeah it get really hot but what iphone dont hahahh its good to have anyways.. oh yeah i guess it loads a little faster..

Got this app a day before I have to sit in the airport for two days while flying across the world...

In San Diego, the PDA net app is giving me 186kb/s downloads and 33 kb/s uploads. (on my original iPhone, so no 3G) Not speedy, but hey! get's the job done!

And not every airport out there that I'm going to has FREE WIFI... so this is going to really be helpful! Great App, I was hoping something simple for windows users would come out!

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow that's as easy as it gets! Works great on my Vista laptop

again for anyone that missed it, instrcuctions here:
    PdaNet for iPhone FAQ

I can't get it to work. Vista Ultimate 32bit and my iPhone 3G. I create the adhoc network on my laptop, connect to it on the iPhone and it connects. But vista shows nothing connected to the adhoc network. It just says "Waiting for users to connect to your adhoc network". After that I open PDAnet and it says it's ready and to restart the program but it still doesn't work...

Any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Vista 64-bit also having problems. Was easy as pie on my XP system. There's something about Vista ..... not sure what the issues are.

Sent an email to support yesterday. I'll post the response (and fix I hope)

Loving this little app, works great and showed up just in time to be of use on my vacation. The default icon clashed with my other icons though, so I went ahead and made a 'proper' one. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Untaken For This Useful Post:

rotaryheadrx7 (2008-09-29)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Untaken View Post
    Loving this little app, works great and showed up just in time to be of use on my vacation. The default icon clashed with my other icons though, so I went ahead and made a 'proper' one. Enjoy!
    Much Better. Thank you.

I don't found pdanet in the cydia ???? I've iphone 1 us jailbrak please I need a help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast