Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nes App Updated

Default Nes App Updated
    hey all..nes updated...and guess what?...

SOUNDS WORK BY DEFAULT...go update..Quick..

still testing for quality of gameplay.......

my sound is kind of staticy or something. This is the first time I have had sound with this new update, is that how it usually sounds?

yeah... the sound works..but if you try doing to many things..it might get choppy... i have found that putting Frame skip at 3...sound isnt choppy and game play is fine...

also the sound quality isnt 100% some tones are plane and what not..dont sound origional...that may be because the audio processor cant put out 3 channels of audio at once...but hey..its awesome that system sounds and nes app work fine... updates in the future could fix all of this..just give it time.

I just tried the rc2.1 and the B and A buttons are reversed, and ever since 0.99.06 most of my roms lock up after a min or two of gameplay.

I've gone back to 0.99.05 for now

thats a new option in the preferences, you can swap A & B if you want....

Question hello
    im not great on a mac but i did down load the ifuntastic 3.0.3 program and have no clue how to upload themes any help would be greatly apperaited thank you for your time !

haha didn't notice that, thnx! Now if contra wouldn't crash

has anyone else had the problem where once u activate sound through the speakers....there is no way to get sound for the rest of the phone features even when you close nesapp

Yes that happens to me if I don't remember to disconnect earbuds before opening nes, to fix do a hard shutdown (hold down power button until it shuts off)

I only have sound working when i have headphones in. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by s2kpdx View Post
    thats a new option in the preferences, you can swap A & B if you want....
    haha, thanks for mentioning that option. i upgraded... tried playing... and saw the buttons were swapped. i thought something was wrong! i turned the option off and now i'm good to go

Quote Originally Posted by SubZ3r0 View Post
    yeah... the sound works..but if you try doing to many things..it might get choppy... i have found that putting Frame skip at 3...sound isnt choppy and game play is fine...
    i just tried this and it works pretty well. the best way to get it to work is to turn off the full screen mode. that uses more processing power and slows things down a bunch. if you just keep it normal size, it runs MUCH better!
    Last edited by billchase2; 2007-09-01 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

oh yeah?...ill keep that in mind then.. full screen is nice..but id rather have better game play then more screen room.