Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] Stack for iPhone OS 2.1 (2.x.x)

Quote Originally Posted by minivinny95 View Post
    Ok this is how you put the app on the top:

pretty simple, the app that shows up is the 3rd app in the stack

for instace, in my iPod dock icon spot i made a stack and iPod is the 3rd app in the stack and it shows on top while i move it to like 1,2,4,5... the 3rd app is then the stack icon (one on top)

so for a round up: 3rd app in the stack is the stack icon.

hope this helps

I also did this and decided to put in Blank.app in spots 1 and 2. By doing this, the icons (do not)* overlap the icon in the 4th position of the "5 icon dock.

So when i open stacks, my first two app positions are blank.app and blank2.app... it kinda wastes 2 app positions, but it at least gives you your 5 icon dock back....

for some reason stacks does not allow you to put in the blanks that are installed through steffwiz's source in cydia... so I SSH'd these blanks into my /applications folder....

Hope this helps.... Just remenber. Stacks Top icon is your third app on the grid.

* = The 3rd icon in stack just buts up against the 4th icon on dock.. Stacks' space is written for a 4 icon dock..... by placing 2 blanks in at first it just shows the 3rd icon in stack a little further down and to the right of where stack is actually located on the dock. but its close enough.....

I also just thought about filling the first 3 spaces in stack as blanks and still have my 5th icon on dock... you can still launch the 5th app by tapping the bottom right corner of the dock. The stacks program is just overlapping the dock and is invisible with the 3 blank.apps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg   -photo-1.jpg   -photo-2.jpg   -photo-3.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mrblader; 2008-10-05 at 08:58 AM.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

I'm trying to ssh the blanks you have in the zip folder and i can't get them to appear on the spring board...any suggestions?

install something afterwards maybe ?
    stefwizz or something like that was a source (cydia) which had many blank apps.

exactly right!

so whens an update coming out so we can at least position it where we want and to allow icons to show or not in the stack? If I knew how to edit hack .dylib files I would have done it by now. It doesnt seem too hard for someone to implement those features given the tools...

Or just make it read from the plist config file for the coordinates of where it should be located and what main icon to use.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does anyone know why stack is applying that overlay to my blank apps? sorta defeats the purpose, haha. see attached screenshot.

EDIT:

figured it out, if anyone is having this problem, in my case it was because in my blank.app info.plist file, there was no CFBundleIconFile key, so i guess the phone just gives it a "blank" (read: white) icon. I got these blank apps from the fellow who made the LeopardUI theme. if you're using his blank apps, you'll want to add this to the info.plist file:

<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
    <string>icon.png</string>

EDIT 2:

ihazsuxess

see screenshots (you know, the ones that look like i did it right)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -stack_blank_overlay.jpg   -img_0002.jpg   -img_0003.jpg  
    Last edited by AAAARRRRRRGGGGG; 2008-10-06 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranova View Post
    so whens an update coming out so we can at least position it where we want and to allow icons to show or not in the stack? If I knew how to edit hack .dylib files I would have done it by now. It doesnt seem too hard for someone to implement those features given the tools...

Or just make it read from the plist config file for the coordinates of where it should be located and what main icon to use.
    where are the files that we would have to edit located ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The dylib for is located /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/MobileStack.dylib and the rest of the files are located in /Library/MobileStack

once again its not that hard to find it, but i have no idea how to edit it:P
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

i didnt know where to look for it, i dont know why didnt i search for it using the find command tho :P

ill see if i can get something out of it (or if i end up restoring my iPhone :P )
    edit
    no clue what or how to correctly edit that kind of file :P
    Last edited by Cocchiararo; 2008-10-07 at 03:55 PM.

why does this app make the icon tiles on the stack button look not as good compared to other icons?

@Odracir-10... I want you to think about why your post makes no sense.

Kids - its the first version out in a LONG time... and its pretty freakin hot. I played around with the blank icon.pngs (I changed my calc and clock to transparent this way) so there wouldn't be wasted space and it would keep a single icon on the dock. But I prefer the fan out anyway...

Besides - now that categories loads so FAST - there is no reason to not keep the best apps in the stack - and everything else in a folder elsewhere.

~above~

I have a little problem.

I created two Categories and assigned a transparent icon to them. Added them to the stack.

Decided I didn't want them but I can not remove them from the stack. Doing so re-springs me.

I tried deleting the category from the Categories app but no I've got a plain white icon in the stack and it won't delete.

Tried installing/reinstalling but the white icon reappeared.

Anyone know how to to a full install of the app?

I fixed it by deleting - /User/Library/Preferences/com.steventroughtonsmith.stack.entries.plist
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 2008-10-09 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Does anyone know how to remove a blank app out of the stack? when I open stacks and try to get it out, it keeps restarting the spring board, also tried to remove & reinstall Stacks but still comes back with the other 3 folders i have in there.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Quote Originally Posted by andrew2012 View Post

When the stack is open, sliding an app out to remove it from the stack is a bit to easy to do on accident IMO. Perhaps if you could make the distance needed to slide it out longer. As it is now, if I accidently slide one out, I have to go and un-poof the app, add it to the stack, and re-poof it.
    same problem i have other than that very good app. keep up the good work man

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Does anyone know how to remove a blank app out of the stack? when I open stacks and try to get it out, it keeps restarting the spring board, also tried to remove & reinstall Stacks but still comes back with the other 3 folders i have in there.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.
    See my post right above yours.

did development on this die ?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It sure did not. The developer, Steven Troughton-Smith, is working away at this program...he is adding features, fixing bugs, and, most importantly, he is listening to our suggestions. I think we should see an update released rather soon.....I know he is at some point going to include: personalized positioning (put the stack wherever we want it - right now I have the stack right in the middle of my dock) as well as the option of the stack drawer either as a Stack of Three Icons (like it is now) or as just One icon.
    It's gonna be great when he kicks out these updates

how do u hve ur stack in the middle thatd be great with 5 icon dock
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

he told me because he was one of the beta testers he got a special version just for him...
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast