Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] Stack for iPhone OS 2.1 (2.x.x)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Works great with 5 icon dock. Just installed it seconds ago. Gonna play and post the results with a full workover.

One thing I noticed immediately... the clear background isn't good. It needs to be shaded behind the apps that pop up in fan mode, and it needs to be more clear (shaded) and not solid in grid mode.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-09-29 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Works great with 5 icon dock. Just installed it seconds ago. Gonna play and post the results with a full workover.

One thing I noticed immediately... the clear background isn't good. It needs to be shaded behind the apps that pop up.
    its horrible with 5icon dock and is definatly out of place, which makes me sad cause i want to use it but cant stand the 4 icon dock, doesnt blend with the homescreen well at all

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Works good on mine, perhaps you need a new theme.

Bugs so far......

1- it launches safari to..... nothing. blank page.
    2- preferences menu came up twice for no reason, see #5 below.
    3- to get out of it I had to hold power, then cancel, then double tap home to go to ipod then tap home to go back to springboard.
    4- cannot hit the ipod icon which is normally in the stack position and on bottom when in fan mode, and cannot hit preferences to change it back to fan mode while in grid mode. (but can hit the ipod icon on bottom). To fix this you have to hold the icon to get it to wiggle THEN hit the preferences icon, but it locks on the preferences screen that way for about 30 seconds.
    5- preferences icon is too easy to hit, comes up every other time closing the stack.
    6- freezing issues with ipod and preferences menu... others too. home button unresponsive, hold to power down unresponsive. (these when trying to get out of a frozen screen)

Eventually gave up and did a hard reset. would lock itself when tapping the power button, but come right back to the ipod app that was open and wouldn't close (home button not responding).

Gonna uninstall, too many bugs at the moment.
    Last edited by one1; 2008-09-29 at 01:23 AM.

Love the new Stack! Thanks for your hard work.

A suggestion or two:

When the stack is open, sliding an app out to remove it from the stack is a bit to easy to do on accident IMO. Perhaps if you could make the distance needed to slide it out longer. As it is now, if I accidently slide one out, I have to go and un-poof the app, add it to the stack, and re-poof it.

It would also be quite nice to be able to adjust icon positions in the stack without taking them all out and re-adding them in the order you want.

This is a highly functional first release though and I look forward to your updates

I love the concept, but I would like it to work correctly "out of the box." By that I mean if it's gonna be in the dock, it should already take up a spot, instead of having to put blank icon there. 5-icon compatible would be awesome.

Apps is cool though, I can't wait for the updates.

its OVER the dock, thats why it doesnt take a space, and why its position is fixed and wont work with 5 icons for now.

providing a blank app would work for now (how do i get one ?) and offering an option in the preferences to move to the right most position on a 5 dock icon would solve the 5 icon dock compatibility (right now, even if you use a blanc app, it wont work).

Hiding the apps by ourselfs is not THAT bad, but not being able to reorder them (again, in the preferences :P) is somewhat ugly.

nice app, but not THAT great for now (ill be waiting for 5 dock compatibility and a blank app, ill start using it form that ponit :P )

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    I love the concept, but I would like it to work correctly "out of the box." By that I mean if it's gonna be in the dock, it should already take up a spot, instead of having to put blank icon there. 5-icon compatible would be awesome.

Apps is cool though, I can't wait for the updates.
    Guys, you have to understand that this is JUST the PRIMARY release for 2.0+, so it is not going to have ALL of the features you want right now. But, I can assure you, the developer, Steven, is going to include pretty much everything that has been said here. When I tested the app, I went over with him all of the features that I thought people would like to have. So, he knows what is missing and what needs to be fixed in the application...he will do it as soon as he can I'm sure.

We should all be grateful that this app was even completed for 2.x.x considering it had pretty much died out in firmware 1.x.x. Steven deserve many thanks for all of his hard work. Let's not complain on here, but, instead, offer suggestions that can positively help him to better the highly popular application.

And One1, I'm surprised at all of the issues you have listed because I have used this application on two phones, and tested it before this release on those two phones, and I did not have any of those issues. It must just be your iPhone because this app is one of the most smooth Launcher applications out there. You may want to just restore your phone and see how smoothly it runs then. I know that this app could not possible cause all of those problems you are having.
    Last edited by jabbawalkee; 2008-09-29 at 04:06 AM.

Which is why I said "I can't wait for the updates..."

Default Helpful Hint:
    If you add a blank webclip by starting to go to a website then hitting cancel, then making the webclip's title ____ it looks pretty good. See my screenshots.

Step 1: Go to modmyi.com and wait for the page to begin to load. Press the X.

Step 2: Press the + then hit "Add to Home Screen"

Step 3: Type in 4 underscores for the title.

Step 4: Move your new awesome blank icon in behind your stack.

Enjoy!

agree cant wait for updates.......

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    Which is why I said "I can't wait for the updates..."
    I wasn't criticizing you or trying to offend you...I was just explaining what's going on with the app because I have been talking to the developer and I have a good sense of his future plans for Stack.

Quote Originally Posted by atm153 View Post
    If you add a blank webclip by starting to go to a website then hitting cancel, then making the webclip's title ____ it looks pretty good. See my screenshots.
    Enjoy!
    There's an easier way to make blank icons. Just open up Cydia and add Steffwiz's repository (which is under the "Repositories" section). Then search "blank" and you can download as many blank apps as you'd like. Much easier than your method.
    Last edited by jabbawalkee; 2008-09-29 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    There's an easier way to make blank icons. Just open up Cydia and add Steffwiz's repository (which is under the "Repositories" section). Then search "blank" and you can download as many blank apps as you'd like. Much easier than your method.
    I get a size mismatch error on Cydia :S

Quote Originally Posted by moogoat View Post
    I get a size mismatch error on Cydia :S
    I would try again. I got a size mismatch on another program and it worked the second time. Also, the blank icon app worked great for me! I'm willing to sacrifice my 5 icon dock in order to use stacks, especially b/c it's so useful compared to having 1 extra icon on my dock.

I hadn't even heard of or seen this project until today, so I'm very impressed and excited for future development.

this is not showing up in cydia for me. what source repo is it?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    this is not showing up in cydia for me. what source repo is it?
    Ste packaging.

yea, blank icon works perfect for 4 icon dock as you can see

and

I'm getting a white icon on the stack, if I try to remove it, it crashes into the mobile substrate safe mode; I don't know what's wrong, this morning I installed it and worked perfectly, have to restore because of a problem with reflective dock of kate and the blank app.

I've tried to uninstall it and reinstall, removed kate, reinstalled everything... what can I do?

it solved reinstalling mobile substrate, thanks anyway!
    Last edited by javinv; 2008-09-29 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does anyone know how to have the Stacks icon as a single icon and not as a pile of 3 icons taken from your Stack's content?

I actually have an idea. Considering I can edit the order of the apps in the stack by SSHing into it, and knowing that the stack on the Dock is formed by the 3 first apps in the it, I can put 2 blank apps, and then a blank app with the custom icon I want and it might work. Will be ugly when I open the stack thooough.

Might seem complicated, but will try when I get home and keep you updated!
    Last edited by IvanB; 2008-09-29 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Suggestions/requests:
    Remove the "restack/config" button, have a seperate config icon on the springboard which allows us to do the following:

1) Custom reorder stack
    2) Choose which one appears on top
    3) Amount of time before it auto-restacks.
    4) Allow us to move the stack around on the dock. ;>
    5) Label the stack (the words appear below the stack like a regular App.
    6) Show only 1 icon instead of 3 stacked on each other (of course clicking on that icon extends the stack).

Thanks for this great app! I'll always use it!
    Goes great with Callme!

Bugs
    1) By the way, Intelliscreen crashes on respring every single time when using Stacks.
    The screen comes up asking if I want to enable/disable Intelliscreen and it works if I click enable.
    But takes a minute or two to respring everytime since it crashes everytime.
    Don't know if it's Stack or Intelliscreen causing the issue. But there's a conflict somewhere!

2) If you extend the stack, then do something else like open another App or even lock the screen, the stack will still be extended when you go back to the springboard. (This is why I thought of a timed auto-restack!)
    Last edited by Devante; 2008-09-29 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by javinv View Post
    I'm getting a white icon on the stack, if I try to remove it, it crashes into the mobile substrate safe mode; I don't know what's wrong, this morning I installed it and worked perfectly, have to restore because of a problem with reflective dock of kate and the blank app.

I've tried to uninstall it and reinstall, removed kate, reinstalled everything... what can I do?

it solved reinstalling mobile substrate, thanks anyway!
    Anyone else having this problem? I uninstalled and reinstalled mobile substrate but no luck. I would love to get this to work.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast