Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Intelliscreen and safe mode issue w/2.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Intelliscreen and safe mode issue w/2.1
    Does any one else have an issue with the new release of intelliscreen? I'm on 2.1 and it won't work. My phone keeps going to 'Mobile substrate safe mode' everytime I press apply. Any fixes for this that anyone knows about yet?

Same to me two times today Safe Mode...

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Its happening to me quite a lot also. Over on the Intelliscreen beta forum the developer said he has contacted Saurik about a change that needs to be made to the mobile substrate. So I think we just need to wait for that to be released.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

NArush (2008-09-20), notovich (2008-09-21)

Thanks

Cool. Thanks for the info

The latest version is out. It fixes the issues.

Thanks

latest mobile substrate? I don't have any updates in cydia. Where is it available?

Its in Cydia. I loaded it up earlier today and it said there was an update to Intelliscreen. V2.21. Fixed the above issues.

Thanks

I have 2.21 and still have the issues. On the developers site he mentions it's something that needs to be fixed in the mobile substrate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    I have 2.21 and still have the issues. On the developers site he mentions it's something that needs to be fixed in the mobile substrate.
    Yea, this update repaired my 2G but my 3G still has issues. Hopefully this update won't take too long.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

After updating to both versions it got worse....way too buggy for me....uninstalled!

In Cydia, click on manage and then packages. Make sure you have the latest version of mobile substrate. Should be 0.9.2587-1. Everything is working fine for me know.

Thanks

There's a new beta Intelliscreen 2.22 which addresses these issues. So far its been working well so should get released by the developer later today. And yep, my mobile substrate is the same version as yours.

Thanks.

Thanks

There's a new beta Intelliscreen 2.22 which addresses these issues. So far its been working well so should get released by the developer later today. And yep, my mobile substrate is the same version as yours.

Thanks.
    Just installed 2.21-2 and I still get thrown to 'safe mode'. I guess mobile substrate is the issue? Are you guys using 3G's and getting it to work?

Default IntelliScreen Issues
    Its happening to me quite a lot also. Over on the Intelliscreen beta forum the developer said he has contacted Saurik about a change that needs to be made to the mobile substrate. So I think we just need to wait for that to be released.
    IntelliScreen is a buggy monstrosity of doom. I get reports every single day about IntelliScreen issues. It simply crashes /a lot/, and sometimes it puts you into a state where you have to restore. Personally, I find this unacceptable.

To handle situations of buggy extensions, I designed Mobile Safe Mode. If SpringBoard crashes (and it has to crash: seriously crash) then you will get put into Safe Mode with all extensions disabled. This is a really awesome feature and really saves the day when an extension goes nuts.

Unfortunately, IntelliScreen seems to have been relying on the fact that their (incredibly buggy) product would crash and SpringBoard would /usually/ restart, and no one would really notice. In response to all this, they want me to modify Mobile Safe Mode to give their program a chance to sort of work again.

Personally, I don't really believe in that model: they should just fix their software. It is really important that you be able to get into Cydia to be able to uninstall their extension if it doesn't work, and all of their models of "what about if it crashes twice in a row" don't solve the problem of extensions that only crash when, for example, you try to do something important.

Besides, there are all kinds of extensions that are out there: WinterBoard, Dock2, QuickGold, from a bunch of developers, and IntelliScreen is the only one that has common, persistent issues. I finally got mad at them yesterday and removed them from the Featured page as they are simply refusing to play along with these safety nets.

Today I'm going to push an update to Mobile Substrate that clarifies the wording in that dialog box to make certain users understand that this is an issue /with the extensions/ (and probably say "likely IntelliScreen") and has absolutely nothing to do with a failure in Mobile Substrate.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (2008-09-23), laz305 (2008-09-21), marys25 (2008-09-22), saifeeab (2008-09-24)

thanks saurik for your insightful info. I own intelliscreen and I love it. But it is buggy. I hope the figure things out.

Why doesn't somebody just develop something similar but better. Wink wink nod nod.

Thanks

thanks for the clarification saurik. I apologize if I sounded as if I was blaming your work. Prior to fw 2.1 I've personally had no issues with intelliscreen. So just frustrating that the are happening. Hopefully the developer can get them sorted out

Thanks

Suarik, thanks for setting things straight! Hopefully things will get fixed soon. IS is a great app.

This may not be the case, but it's what it "feels like": Intelliscreen is a great idea and product, but in their efforts to make it even better, they've gone too far by releasing "updates" too soon, like in the case of the most recent update (causing the "safe mode" issue).

I just bought Intelliscreen and I keep getting pop-ups in the app saying there's a new version. I've been following this thread and it appears people have the latest v2.21. How do I get this? Within Cydia, it says I have v2.11 but I'm not able to retrieve a newer version. Am I missing something here?
    Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline68 View Post
    I just bought Intelliscreen and I keep getting pop-ups in the app saying there's a new version. I've been following this thread and it appears people have the latest v2.21. How do I get this? Within Cydia, it says I have v2.11 but I'm not able to retrieve a newer version. Am I missing something here?
    Thanks!
    Yes, you aren't using the beta test version found here: IntelliScreen Beta • Index page of course you have to register/sign up first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast