Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS Released?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Deep its in Cydia

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marys25 View Post
    so your saying it will work with the 1st gen AT&T phones?? cause it didn't work for me on 1.1.4...so if it works now that would be great

That's a good question, I read on the swirlyspace.com forums that they can spoof on unlocked 1.x firmware first gen iphones. I'm not sure about unlocked 2.x firmware first gen iphones though.

Let us know what you find out here:
    SwirlySpace.com • View forum - News

I'm on 3G so I'm screwed either way

is there any way to delete messages? i see a trash can... but i dont see a delete button... odd or just me?

Quote Originally Posted by chronzz View Post
    i used the following settings on rogers 3g network and works perfectly

test send to my own phone

I used these settings, and was able to send out a message, but I am unable to fetch one. It sits for a while saying:

"Connecting MMSC Gateway: 172.25.0.107 ..."

And then says

"Fetch Error: failed to connect to proxy: connect failed ..."

EDIT 1: And now it wont send anything out either, saying the same thing.

EDIT 2: Rebooted my phone. Went into Swirly, everything worked - downloaded the first mms, sent out the second. I exited swirly, waited for the message, went back in, now it won't connect again. Even though I get the green "m".

EDIT 3: Interesting....if I crash swirly (holding down the home button), and go back in, it takes a while to connect, but it works. Seems like some bug. Hopefully they'll smooth it out.
    Last edited by TheDude42; 2008-09-17 at 08:09 AM.

can anyone guide me why swirlymms crahes on startup ? i have no wifi .. and i use edge
    i have 2.0.1 4gb
    Core To Quad 6600 2.4 Ghz(4x2 MB cache), 1x4 GB RAM(888 MHz)
    Nvidia 512 MB (256 Bit) 7950 GT Graphics Card
    Wireless Mouse,Keyboard,HeadPhone,Wireless BroadBand
    HP W2408 Vivid Color 24" Widescreen Flat LCD Monitor

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

So what do you have to do to make this work on AT&T? Do you have to trick AT&T or pay any extra money for something? Ive never used Swirly before
    iLive an iLife

I can't get the settings to work for t-mobile, had them sent and everything. Surprised this isn't on the front page.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Just installed on my 2g 2.1 iphone and it works spot on.

Heres the payandgo settings i use..

MMSC- mmsc.o2.co.uk:8002
    Proxy- 193.113.200.195:8080
    APN- payandgo.o2.co.uk
    Usename- payandgo
    Password- password

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude42 View Post
    I used these settings, and was able to send out a message, but I am unable to fetch one. It sits for a while saying:

"Connecting MMSC Gateway: 172.25.0.107 ..."

And then says

"Fetch Error: failed to connect to proxy: connect failed ..."

EDIT 1: And now it wont send anything out either, saying the same thing.

EDIT 2: Rebooted my phone. Went into Swirly, everything worked - downloaded the first mms, sent out the second. I exited swirly, waited for the message, went back in, now it won't connect again. Even though I get the green "m".

EDIT 3: Interesting....if I crash swirly (holding down the home button), and go back in, it takes a while to connect, but it works. Seems like some bug. Hopefully they'll smooth it out.

it works fine and fetches fine for me

Quote Originally Posted by marys25 View Post
    ok so i talk to AT&T and they activated my MMS settings for my phone but none of the settings have worked
    Those arent the correct settings for ATT.

The correct settings are posted on this forum and on the swirlyspace.com website. I dont know them offhand or I would post them for you, but you shouldnt have any problems searching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Can we just use this to view mms' received without doing any network trickery stuff or no? I dont mind emailing to phone numbers but viewmymessage.com is annoying as f
    Network trickery is required if you are a 3G ATT user.
    Last edited by ProjectGSX; 2008-09-17 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default SwirlyMMS DOES work on 3G AT&T Iphone 2.1
    BUt here is the catch... you have to get someone at at&t to change your IMEI on your account to an IMEI of anything BUT an IPHONE, your best option would be to have them put one of a windows mobile phone... however, you WILL lose Visual Voice Mail

Also this is not easy to do since it probably has to be a manager that does it, so get your friendly face on and go make some friends at your local ATT store! :-D (i did).

once you get that done, then you have to have them add on a regular txt messaging plan that includes MMS. without that your phone will NOT be able to send or receive MMS on att...

a quick way to check which MMS plan you have is to log on to your account from the att web portal found here:

Cell Phones and cell phone plans - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

and check your features... you want to make sure you have a NON iphone TXT Messaging plan, look at my account... make sure that what is selected as "current" does not say iphone, if it does then you still have the iphone txt plan on your account...

once that is all done, THEN you can proceed to install and configure your SwirlyMMS app.

i used to auto configure feature, and here are the settings it put on my phone, which work flawlessly... (pic attached)

enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-capture.png   -photo.jpg  

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RessayFlex For This Useful Post:

knight_rider_84 (2008-09-17)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misplacedhatred View Post
    is there any way to delete messages? i see a trash can... but i dont see a delete button... odd or just me?
    slide your finger over the message, the delete button will pop up

Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    I can't get the settings to work for t-mobile, had them sent and everything. Surprised this isn't on the front page.
    I got it working fine on T-Mobile, I put in the info from another thread on this site. and restarted the phone, and its all working perfectly, send and recieve.
    What settings are you using?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

So I just emailed them about transferring my license to the new phone, here is their response:

"The license is bound to the iPhone device as such. If you have bought a new phone you also need to buy a new license.

The old license can still be used on the “old” iPhone."

Yeah. That'll go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    slide your finger over the message, the delete button will pop up

I got it working fine on T-Mobile, I put in the info from another thread on this site. and restarted the phone, and its all working perfectly, send and recieve.
    What settings are you using?
    Would you mind posting the settings that you used to get your tmobile mms working? I cant seem to get it right but I have never set it up before so am foloowing directions that may not be right for the newer 2.1 fw?
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

So it only works on the Edge network? Not 3G or wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    Those arent the correct settings for ATT.

The correct settings are posted on this forum and on the swirlyspace.com website. I dont know them offhand or I would post them for you, but you shouldnt have any problems searching.

Network trickery is required if you are a 3G ATT user.
    Are you talking about these settings?

"murdockme wrotekay gang. Here's the deal. I just did this and here's what DID work. Someone posted before about calling AT&T to verify that you have MMS enabled for your account. They don't disable it for iPhone's contrary to popular belief. So I did call, did ask and had them push some things over the air to me. I got a text message that said it was enabled.

Now, today testing settings (and I just sent these to Tommy), here's what WORKS. Pay attention to the case-sensitive items they need to be that way to work. HAVE FUN!

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032:8080 - Must include the Zeroes, and the port is 8080, not simply 80
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: [email protected] - THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE
    Password: CINGULAR1 - Once again it's case sensitive."

It's the only one that is different from all of the others, and this doesn't work either.

what setting are you guys using on tmobile. i keep getting the error unsupported message
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Quote Originally Posted by RessayFlex View Post
    BUt here is the catch... you have to get someone at at&t to change your IMEI on your account to an IMEI of anything BUT an IPHONE, your best option would be to have them put one of a windows mobile phone... however, you WILL lose Visual Voice Mail

Also this is not easy to do since it probably has to be a manager that does it, so get your friendly face on and go make some friends at your local ATT store! :-D (i did).

once you get that done, then you have to have them add on a regular txt messaging plan that includes MMS. without that your phone will NOT be able to send or receive MMS on att...

a quick way to check which MMS plan you have is to log on to your account from the att web portal found here:

Cell Phones and cell phone plans - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

and check your features... you want to make sure you have a NON iphone TXT Messaging plan, look at my account... make sure that what is selected as "current" does not say iphone, if it does then you still have the iphone txt plan on your account...

once that is all done, THEN you can proceed to install and configure your SwirlyMMS app.

i used to auto configure feature, and here are the settings it put on my phone, which work flawlessly... (pic attached)

enjoy!

Ok so with what u wrote, will it work on 3g iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    Are you talking about these settings?
    No. The ones I was looking at did not require APN information.

Here they are. I got them from swirlyspace.com on their settings page:

AT&T (USA)
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    Proxy: 066.209.011.032
    For these settings to work, you must have multimedia messaging added to your account by AT&T. Thanks for confirming this rkisling!

Quote Originally Posted by knight_rider_84 View Post
    Ok so with what u wrote, will it work on 3g iPhone?
    yes! it is currently working on my AT&T 3G Iphone with software 2.1 on it...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast