Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New app Caterpillar hide sms and more

I haven't noticed the touch unresponsiveness, but reading through the posts, it could be because I'm not running the calendar module. As for Summerboard - it's the 80 app limit fix that will be included in the new update. The current Summerboard 3.2 takes care of the 80 app limit on 113 & 114.

Ok, just updated to v1.11, but it DOES NOT take care of the 80 app limit on 113 & 114.
    It actually looks like its working, as springboard restarts successfully after going into installer to uninstall summerboard. But as soon as you restart the phone, you'll be stuck with the apple logo & spinning thingie.
    Don't uninstall summerboard 3.2 yet if you are on 113 or 114.
    Last edited by jrentzke; 2008-03-12 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    I haven't noticed the touch unresponsiveness, but reading through the posts, it could be because I'm not running the calendar module. As for Summerboard - it's the 80 app limit fix that will be included in the new update. The current Summerboard 3.2 takes care of the 80 app limit on 113 & 114.

Ok, just updated to v1.11, but it DOES NOT take care of the 80 app limit on 113 & 114.
    It actually looks like its working, as springboard restarts successfully after going into installer to uninstall summerboard. But as soon as you restart the phone, you'll be stuck with the apple logo & spinning thingie.
    Don't uninstall summerboard 3.2 yet if you are on 113 or 114.
    Good news to hear, thanks for the update. Did you manually reinstall summerboard back onto the device, and that allowed you to boot back in, or did you have to delete some apps first to get booted back in, then reinstalled summerboard, and added the other apps back?
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Any of you on 1.1.4?

I am still utterly baffled that noone else has figured out how to do the 5 icon dock....
    enable the 5 icon dock function, return to springboard, pull the 5th icon into the dock...
    Last edited by jtesnani; 2008-03-12 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    enable the 5 icon dock function, return to springboard, pull the 5th icon into the dock...
    We all know how to do it using the paying option.
    Question is how is it done so we can to it for free ala SMB like we did prior to 1.1.3

suggestion for touch responsveness: on the uCalendar prefs, disable the toggle - just select the events OR the calendar. see if it's better. mine seems to be when i locked it to just the event list.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    We all know how to do it using the paying option.
    Question is how is it done so we can to it for free ala SMB like we did prior to 1.1.3
    i assumed the person was asking about how to use it with caterpillar since he didn't specify and we're in the caterpillar thread.

as far as i know, there's no solution to creating a 5 icon dock in 1.1.3 and up since customize disabled that function

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Good news to hear, thanks for the update. Did you manually reinstall summerboard back onto the device, and that allowed you to boot back in, or did you have to delete some apps first to get booted back in, then reinstalled summerboard, and added the other apps back?
    I created a temp folder in /var and moved the extra apps there. Springboard reloaded, I re-installed summerboard from installer, restarted to activate it, then moved the apps back again.
    I just had this feeling that it might not work & I didn't feel like reinstalling all the apps again, so I made sure recovery would be quick & easy.

i assumed the person was asking about how to use it with caterpillar since he didn't specify and we're in the caterpillar thread.

as far as i know, there's no solution to creating a 5 icon dock in 1.1.3 and up since customize disabled that function
    The problem is not with Customize but with the current Springboard 4x4 grid itself (starting with 1.1.3)
    So far we have thought it impossible but obviously Facelift can do it.
    The question is how.

hello everyone,

I just installed caterpillar on my 1.1.4 jb iphone. I also had Dock and ScreenShot installed so my touch screen fails. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't ssh to my iphone because ssh is off in bossprefs... I really don't want to restore I have so much **** on here and I haven't backed it up or anything.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

My mistake for not specifying.... it was a general question posted in the caterpillar thread because I was amazed that only one group of developers has discovered how to do this.....I'll save for another thread

LinuxChild, so I guess that is a warning to those on 1.1.3/4 not to have screenshot or dock installed if we are going to install Caterpillar??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
    hello everyone,

I just installed caterpillar on my 1.1.4 jb iphone. I also had Dock and ScreenShot installed so my touch screen fails. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't ssh to my iphone because ssh is off in bossprefs... I really don't want to restore I have so much **** on here and I haven't backed it up or anything.
    i think without respring or killspring you're pretty much out of luck and have to restore...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i think without respring or killspring you're pretty much out of luck and have to restore...
    Its true in a sense, or just keep trying to reboot the device, before finding out using killboard will fix my issue, I would have to reset my device like12 times before the touchscreen would work again. Try manually installing killboard, reset the device, then launch it.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Its true in a sense, or just keep trying to reboot the device, before finding out using killboard will fix my issue, I would have to reset my device like12 times before the touchscreen would work again. Try manually installing killboard, reset the device, then launch it.
    wow. 12 times. you have some serious patience haha. i restored mine i think after 3 reboots...

he can't manually install since his ssh isn't on. i learned my lesson after caterpillar. installed bossprefs and set it so that ssh automatically turns on if i reboot my phone...

My mistake for not specifying.... it was a general question posted in the caterpillar thread because I was amazed that only one group of developers has discovered how to do this.....I'll save for another thread

LinuxChild, so I guess that is a warning to those on 1.1.3/4 not to have screenshot or dock installed if we are going to install Caterpillar??
    i was told by the development team to uninstall summerboard and dock in order for caterpillar to work properly. they may have briefly mentioned screenshot.app but since i don't have it on my phone we didn't discuss it further...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i was told by the development team to uninstall summerboard and dock in order for caterpillar to work properly. they may have briefly mentioned screenshot.app but since i don't have it on my phone we didn't discuss it further...

Just for info, screenshot does work for me on 1.1.3. I also have summerboard, customize, fontswap, waves, poof, taskbar notifier and of course killboard installed just in case. Having ssh setup to always run at startup is a good idea that I recommend to everybody.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Just for info, screenshot does work for me on 1.1.3. I also have summerboard, customize, fontswap, waves, poof, taskbar notifier and of course killboard installed just in case. Having ssh setup to always run at startup is a good idea that I recommend to everybody.
    Seems like I need to go back to 1.1.3. 1.1.4 just seems to run so smoothly.

I ended up restoring my iphone last night to 1.1.4. I love how itunes keeps your safari bookmarks and all your contacts and everything. I was worried about losing my sweet list of useful web apps. Warning to anyone with 1.1.4 that has dock and screenshot installed, DO NOT INSTALL CATERPILLER. Is it even worth the money? I didn't even get to try it lol.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone know how to get it for free?
    iLive an iLife

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LinuxChild View Post
    I ended up restoring my iphone last night to 1.1.4. I love how itunes keeps your safari bookmarks and all your contacts and everything. I was worried about losing my sweet list of useful web apps. Warning to anyone with 1.1.4 that has dock and screenshot installed, DO NOT INSTALL CATERPILLER. Is it even worth the money? I didn't even get to try it lol.
    LOL @ the warning but no attempt to give the app a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    anyone know how to get it for free?
    Yeah.... create your own. I just don't get why people just don't realize, at some point in life.... you just have to pay for some things. Not everything is free and not everything you have to pay for, this just so happens to be one of the things you have to pay for. After all the software one would pirate off the internet on a daily basis, can't simply invest in something once in their life? We (and I say we, cuz most of us, including me rape companies on the regualr for their software) murder these companies by taking stuff, cuz hell, they make enough already, but now its time just to give a little back, especially when its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    Same here, but all running on 1.1.4
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 2008-03-14 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah.... create your own. I just don't get why people just don't realize, at some point in life.... you just have to pay for some things. Not everything is free and not everything you have to pay for, this just so happens to be one of the things you have to pay for. After all the software one would pirate off the internet on a daily basis, can't simply invest in something once in their life? We (and I say we, cuz most of us, including me rape companies on the regualr for their software) murder these companies by taking stuff, cuz hell, they make enough already, but now its time just to give a little back, especially when its worth it.
    Wow....sensitive, we all know now who has no sense of humor here
    iLive an iLife

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast