Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLauncher v0.2 (thanks to Erica Sadun!)

Exclamation iLauncher v0.2 (thanks to Erica Sadun!)
    RELEASE: iLauncher v0.21

Awaiting approval in downloads section.

LINK HERE

Simply, install, launch, click the "+" close button and then relaunch and all of your non-Apple apps are available (iSwitcher themes are NOT loaded).

Once you install a new application just load iLauncher, click the "+" close button and then relaunch and your new application will be listed.

You still have the ability to load Apple apps and iSwitcher themes manually, if you want. NOTICE: Please note, if you do make any manual changes, if you click the "+" close button, it WILL remove your customizations.

Example:
    You want the Stocks app to show in iLauncher so copy the icon.png in the Stocks.app folder as l_icon.png. So now Stocks.app folder will have these two files:
    /Applications/Stock.app/icon.png
    /Applications/Stocks.app/l_icon.png

** Special thanks to Erica Sadun for help with coding **

NOTE: You may have to chmod +x on the update_iLauncher program along with the iLauncher app.
    Updated to v0.21 - added Unix commands to download file (if v0.2 is working for you, no need to d/l v0.21)
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-07-25 at 11:03 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

nice update, using it now

k...i dunno what gives but i did all the steps but the icons of the other app still show, so the modmyi doesnt show as the whole icon on the bottom lot...it shows terminal and nes and vrecord then the tool part of the banner of modmyi.... so it shows dubble....on in the main home and then agen in the ilauncher....and help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thaforgottenone View Post
    k...i dunno what gives but i did all the steps but the icons of the other app still show, so the modmyi doesnt show as the whole icon on the bottom lot...it shows terminal and nes and vrecord then the tool part of the banner of modmyi.... so it shows dubble....on in the main home and then agen in the ilauncher....and help?
    I'm having the same problem. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by thaforgottenone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbaird View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Please help.
    Just to be clear, you installed the new iLauncher, ran it, pressed the "+" close button. Relaunched it and ALL of your apps are listed, right? If so then it can't find the "rm" command.

Dang it I keep forgetting about the Unix commands. iLauncher needs ditto and rm commands and neither is included (crap, there's v0.21). If you don't have the BSD Utilities installed, now would be a good time. If you don't want to install that you can grab the iSwitcher bundle, it has the Unix commands included. Sorry... I'll patch-up the package.

Loves it. Very nice Greg.. One question.. Anyway to remove the black text once the app lauches under the post-apple apps?
    Rather just have the icons. Other then that.. Nice!!

Approved by the way
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 2007-08-29 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoringStudios For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2007-08-29)

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    Loves it. Very nice Greg.. One question.. Anyway to remove the black text once the app lauches under the post-apple apps?
    Rather just have the icons. Other then that.. Nice!!

Approved by the way
    Just for you!

Note: unzip it and put it in your iLauncher.app folder
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-07-25 at 11:03 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

ok ive installed it, chmodded everything, i already had the unix cmds but put them in again anyways, and when the app loads i get what looks like the first screen shot posted, i click the (x) and restart it and same thing, cant get it to show anything

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    ok ive installed it, chmodded everything, i already had the unix cmds but put them in again anyways, and when the app loads i get what looks like the first screen shot posted, i click the (x) and restart it and same thing, cant get it to show anything
    Yup sorry.. you also need to chmod +x on the 'update_iLauncher' app in the iLauncher.app folder. I knew I missed that in the documentation.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I did that, u had that in your first post, ill double check but i chmodded everything in the folder cept for icons

I did that, u had that in your first post, ill double check but i chmodded everything in the folder cept for icons
    To debug, it's a pain but it will tell us where the problem is:

From Terminal or SSH

cd /Applications/iLauncher.app
    ./update_iLauncher

As you know proper case is vital. This will run the update command and hopefully we'll be able to see where the problem is.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

ditto: can't get real path for source
    rm: cannot remove
    `/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/l_icon.png': No such file or directory
    Thats what it says. now when i load the app, it looks like your first screen u posted, but the text is a little squished together also

++EDIT++

Ok just for kicks i ran it again and it seems to be working fine so i dunno, great app though lol
    Last edited by .:MirrorminD:.; 2007-08-29 at 07:56 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got this program up and running smoothly, but is there a way to put the camara and photo album in the iLauncher? I tried adding the "l_" in the front of the icon-Camara.png file, but it didnt seem to make a difference...any ideas?

I'm getting the same:

ditto: can't get real path for source ./update_iLauncher: line 6: [: Lights: binary operator expected
    ditto: can't get real path for source rm: cannot remove `/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/l_icon.png': No such file or directory

That's what I got...

It will run now but it won't remove newly installed apps from the homepage...
    Last edited by BiGBaD; 2007-08-29 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxonortesus View Post
    I got this program up and running smoothly, but is there a way to put the camara and photo album in the iLauncher? I tried adding the "l_" in the front of the icon-Camara.png file, but it didnt seem to make a difference...any ideas?
    Thats what it says. now when i load the app, it looks like your first screen u posted, but the text is a little squished together also

++EDIT++

Ok just for kicks i ran it again and it seems to be working fine so i dunno, great app though lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBaD View Post
    I'm getting the same:

ditto: can't get real path for source ./update_iLauncher: line 6: [: Lights: binary operator expected
    ditto: can't get real path for source rm: cannot remove `/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/l_icon.png': No such file or directory

That's what I got...
    Sorry, I should have clarified, when the script runs it is 100% normal for it to produce errors. The "Lights" error is because of the space in its name (there is a special section in the script to deal with "Lights Off.app"). MobileSlideShow.app has no icon.png but it is included in the script because of its name begins with "Mobile"

As far as adding the Camera or Photo Album, that is the only app that has two special icons but only one program. I doubt iLauncher will ever have that functionality but you never know.

@BiGBaD
    Your iLauncher is not working?

Quote Originally Posted by BiGBaD View Post
    I'm getting the same:

That's what I got...

It will run now but it won't remove newly installed apps from the homepage...
    That is not a function of iLauncher You still need to edit your DisplayOrder.plist file
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-08-29 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default will ilauncher be put in the installer package manager
    And replace launcher. it looks like a nicer interface.
    But I want to be lazy and just install via the package manager.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

hmm it seems mine will not update with new apps not unless i run ./iLauncher_update is that normal?

hmm it seems mine will not update with new apps not unless i run ./iLauncher_update is that normal?
    Same as here. It only works when I run ./update_iLauncher each time

Quote Originally Posted by shobe348 View Post
    Same as here. It only works when I run ./update_iLauncher each time
    Hmm sorry guys.. try just one more time:
    cd /Applications/iLauncher.app
    chmod +x update_iLauncher

You shouldn't see anything if there were no errors. You can also try chmod 555 update_iLauncher

Tried "chmod +x ..." and "chmod 555 ..." and still does not fix it. I still need to run ./update_iLauncher to get the new apps updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast