Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS: LANDSCAPE SMS FTW

Default iRealSMS: LANDSCAPE SMS FTW
    haven't even tried it yet. but had to spread the word. check your cydia now. or go to iRealSMS - your native REAL SMS app on the iPhone

looks like its not free, but has a demo... checking it out now... confirmed landscape keyboard!!!!!!!! we've waited for this one for a LONG time.

from the site:

features of current version 1.0 (5 EUR)

your SMS messages organized in folders: inbox, drafts, templates, outbox, sent
    BIG text field, both for reading and writing SMS
    Search messages
    Landscape writing screen
    Reply, Forward and Delete messages
    Add sender to contacts
    Turn on/off keyboard autoCorrection and autoCapitalization
    Automatically request sent notification
    Saving messages as drafts or templates
    upcoming features (*)

standard edition

Sort messages by name or date
    Choose whether to synchronize MobileSMS or not
    More...

professional edition

All features of standard edition
    Backup SMS to email
    Automatically forward every incoming SMS to email
    Password-protect single messages or folders
    More...
    Don't mind purchasing the standard edition now, even if you are waiting for the professional edition - you will be offered convenient upgrade options...

EDIT: screenshots as per request
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -getattachment.aspx.jpeg   -getattachment-1.aspx.jpeg   -getattachment-2.aspx.jpeg   -getattachment-3.aspx.jpeg   -getattachment-4.aspx.jpeg  
    Last edited by b3nny; 2008-09-11 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks

Any screen shots? I don't even see any at the website.

Whilst I appreciate the efforts of those working on this much anticiapted and long waited for app, I'll not be purchasing this quite yet. It seems buggy, looks way so plain and there is considerable lag. Cant get rid of the annoying dull message tone which conflicts with the native sms app tone. Also demo mode gives a warning about excrypting your texts until you buy!!! I dont like the sound of that it sounds way to risky as I've no idea whether the app would work properly or if I could ever access them again.

Come one guys, the real deal was iSMS, it was a joy to use on my 1.1.4 iphone, even SMSD was better, learn from those apps and maybe you will have something worth paying for.

I realise you maybe rushed this to get some cash for your hard work but please resist the temptation to get us to pay for the pleasure of testing your work and risking our iphones with buggy dull and uninspired applications. IMHO
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-09-11 at 08:43 AM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

iphonekid (2008-11-02)

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    Whilst I appreciate the efforts of those working on this much anticiapted and long waited for app, I'll not be purchasing this quite yet. It seems buggy, looks way so plain and there is considerable lag. Cant get rid of the annoying dull message tone which conflicts with the native sms app tone. Also demo mode gives a warning about excrypting your texts until you buy!!! I dont like the sound of that it sounds way to risky as I've no idea whether the app would work properly or if I could ever access them again.

Come one guys, the real deal was iSMS, it was a joy to use on my 1.1.4 iphone, even SMSD was better, learn from those apps and maybe you will have something worth paying for.

I realise you maybe rushed this to get some cash for your hard work but please resist the temptation to get us to pay for the pleasure of testing your work and risking our iphones with buggy dull and uninspired applications. IMHO

Wow.... Couldn't have said it better!

what a bunch of negative ninnies. i mean this is a top most asked for feature (so much so that people were tired of hearing people ask!), and someone FINALLY delivered. i'm not saying that the program is perfect or anything. i'm just saying that i never had any interest in those other sms apps, cuz landscape keyboard was the deal breaker for me. i mean its a first version, so lets hope for quality updates, and who knows, maybe you'll end up liking it better than the rest, and actually WANT to pay money for it. i mean its already packing a LOT of features...
    Last edited by b3nny; 2008-09-11 at 09:20 AM.

i m not sure if i wud be paying 5 euros for this. i was quite happy with SMSD and iSMS and at present using biteSMS as a substitute. i just hope that iSMS is ported to 2.0.x soon.

It's not bad, but I think more work needs to go into it, and enough with the standard and pro versions, remember we are dealing with the iPhone here. Just do one app.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Thanks

yeah im excited about it. one thing i dont like is when in landscape i cant send and a few errors here and there

respring or reboot after you entered your serial...

What's Jailbreak? tonystarks732's Avatar
    Thanks
    Stay away!!! This is not ready for primetime. I was excited about this app and went ahead and purchased it.

First, not every SMS makes it to the application. I only received about 25% in iRealSMS. Second, it does recognize the contacts already on the iPhone, when a SMS come in; iRealSMS adds a 1 to the number (so if you have your contacts saved as a 10- digit number). iRealSMS won't recognize it. Wait there's more.....

Here is the best part with this version! Every time I closed the app, I would lose all my SMS. Once closed and reopen all folder show that there are zero messages, so the search feature is completely useless. I hope they will fix all this in the next update.
    FYI my version is 1.0.0-2

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonystarks732 For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2008-09-11), marys25 (2008-09-11)

Calm down guys. This is the first version of the app. We can all see that it requires more work. it needs a little touch here and there to make it look more proffesional. I hope the developer will be working very hard on the app. Add more features and enhance the design! Fingers crossed

What's Jailbreak? tonystarks732's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maly00 View Post
    Calm down guys. This is the first version of the app. We can all see that it requires more work. it needs a little touch here and there to make it look more proffesional. I hope the developer will be working very hard on the app. Add more features and enhance the design! Fingers crossed
    I would agree, but they are selling a version of the app that does work. Starting to see others complain about this on the internet. I think the demo feature should be removed so the customers know what kind of product they are testing before buy. But I will give them a chance to fix it, I reported my experience to the developers.

One bug:

it is really buggy now...but the app looks very promising...I installed a few hours back and already there is an update. I guess the developers are working really hard for this app. plz give them a few days time...
    Last edited by JAX; 2008-09-11 at 02:12 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JAX For This Useful Post:

mikeymcco (2008-09-11)

Thanks Jax, I'm gonna hold off a few days on this one, and with 2.1 supposedly dropping tomorrow, I would be losing all the JB apps anyways! But it is definately something I would pay for!

Default irealsms
    i already purchase irealsms but its really sucks. I dont see any incoming sms in irealsms. Once you close the application the sms will not in your inbox anymore..

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it is cool that the devs are working on stuff like this. I like being able to try stuff out and see the bugs worked out of apps. This was a nice try! I can't pay for it though until it is more functional. I will definitely be back after a few releases

same problem.. i see nothing coming in and my sent box deletes itself .

I installed it and my system could hardly move!!! Everything was frozen for long periods of time ... I removed iRral SMS.. And system is perfect again ... Phew!!! I thought I was going to have to restore!!

Be warned.

Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    what a bunch of negative ninnies. ..
    Look at the rest of the feedback, I think it support my initial assesment. I gave an honest opinion and valuable feedback to the developer. I'm still firmly of the same opinion after having demo'd it a bit longer, still buggy with lags and still annoying conflict with sms notification, still plainer than even apple managed with the original, no smilies and no fun for the user, just hard cold code and a call for cash, thats not what this community is used to, I'm happy to pay a developer who gets it right and does not try to force payment for early buggy releases when there is other ways to get our support.

I mean why should I pay to read encrypted texts which I have paid to send and others have paid for me to recieve.

If the developer wanted help with testing he could have released a time limited edition.

Or is he wanted people to pay for his added functionality he could have just killed forwarding and perhaps the other added functionality until the user was happy with the basics the same as the native app. This would allow us to use it the same way as the exisitng app and decide if its stable and working before we part with cash for the added functionality

Personally I'm not willing to risk not being able to read my texts becuse this progam encrypted them and then crashed

OK this might read negative but its also is usefull feedback into how to help make this the killer sms app many of us want.
    Last edited by ericidle; 2008-09-11 at 09:58 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast