Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 178

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iRealSMS: LANDSCAPE SMS FTW

  1. #81
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    From seeing that 2.0 would be a paid update i tried bite sms and mySMS...Bite is ok and frankly mySMS sucks. So i went ahead and bought the update and i am very pleased, $6 well spent it works flawlessly and having it in landscape all the time is awesome. I dont agree with the update cost at all but whatev, great app!
    iLive an iLife

  2. #82
    I don't agree with spending $6.50 more for this upgrade when it was promised as being free. Yeah, it's just $6.50, or not even a value meal nowadays, but when you say the future upgrades are going to be free, well, then, stick to it.

    So, I've uninstalled it. And you know what, the original SMS app is faster at loading and working for me. Maybe I'll look at the other options.....

  3. #83
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hartphoto View Post
    I don't agree with spending $6.50 more for this upgrade when it was promised as being free. Yeah, it's just $6.50, or not even a value meal nowadays, but when you say the future upgrades are going to be free, well, then, stick to it.

    So, I've uninstalled it. And you know what, the original SMS app is faster at loading and working for me. Maybe I'll look at the other options.....
    So are you (and everyone else complaining) selling your iPhone because Jobs promised Push in September and its November 17? **** happens, cut the dev some slack, yeah he said free updates but maybe he had a family emergency, ran into problems when he was updating the product, etc.. and saw the cost as justifiable. If you dont like it and just complain about it A) Dont buy it and B) Make a better and cheaper one
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2008-11-18 at 01:17 AM.
    iLive an iLife

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    So are you (and everyone else complaining) selling your iPhone because Jobs promised Push in September and its November 17? **** happens, cut the dev some slack, yeah he said free updates but maybe he had a family emergency, ran into problems when he was updating the product, etc.. and saw the cost as justifiable. If you dont like it and just complain about it A) Dont buy it and B) Make a better and cheaper one
    Won't be selling my iPhone. Don't need push. If I did, and it was business critical for me, then sure, I'd be looking at other devices, just like many are doing.

    But, with regards to your specifics:

    A) I am doing this.

    B) Would love to, but I'm developing something else for the iPhone, that it doesn't matter whether you have the iPhone jailbroken or not.

    I completely understand the concept of charging for upgrades, and the devs right to do whatever he wants with pricing. But, an expectation was set by the developer with regards to the update, and he didn't stick to it. And, hence, we're back to agreeing on your point A.

    Now, the nasty thing the dev may or may not be realizing, and either way it makes no difference to me, is that by changing his game mid stream after setting the expectations can be hurting the purchases and/or upgrades of his product in the long run. Self induced negative publicity (because of his decision), overpricing, or whatever, it's all his game, and I quit. There's no more $ to him from me, no matter what app his company develops (and how great it will ever be), nor will there ever be upgrade $. His decision forced my decision, end of story. Complaining? No. Just a business decision.

  5. #85
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    I think there's a conspiracy going on...

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    So are you (and everyone else complaining) selling your iPhone because Jobs promised Push in September and its November 17? **** happens, cut the dev some slack, yeah he said free updates but maybe he had a family emergency, ran into problems when he was updating the product, etc.. and saw the cost as justifiable. If you dont like it and just complain about it A) Dont buy it and B) Make a better and cheaper one
    "Family emergency", o ya, I'm sure that was the cause of the upgrade fee.

  7. #87
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeJay View Post
    "Family emergency", o ya, I'm sure that was the cause of the upgrade fee.
    Oh Im sorry, you must be the dev's best friend
    How would you know? Do you know the guy? You guys hangout on weekends? Someone could have gotten in a car accident and he could have needed some extra money for medical bills, stranger things have happened
    iLive an iLife

  8. #88
    I bought ver1x a month ago! so yeah i expect an upgrade, as for features it is not a significant feature set to warrant a version 2.0.. greed.

  9. #89
    Sorry, but I don't buy it... Yes it is conceivable that the dev is all of the sudden hurting for cash, but I doubt it. I'd bet that he/she decided that they want to make some good cash. If they had not promised the free update from the get-go, then this wouldn't be an issue- but they did. For shame... If this dev wants to attempt to regain the trust of their customer base, they would reverse their backwards thinking.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

  10. #90
    There is no conspiracy going on, but real facts :
    irealSMS is not worth a penny : even free, it is not worth it because the latest version is still full of bugs!!!!
    The worst one is the chronological order of SMS in a conversation: it is not respected, stoneage reminding me tha earlier versions of Apple SMS app.
    BiteSMS IS way MUCH BETTER WITHOUT ANY SINGLE BUG WHATSOEVER, and....it is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by docomar; 2008-11-18 at 05:39 PM.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by docomar View Post
    There is no conspiracy going on, but real facts :
    irealSMS is not worth a penny : even free, it is not worth it because the latest version is still full of bugs!!!!
    The worst one is the chronological order of SMS in a conversation: it is not respected, stoneage reminding me tha earlier versions of Apple SMS app.
    BiteSMS IS way MUCH BETTER WITHOUT ANY SINGLE BUG WHATSOEVER, and....it is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
    +1

  12. #92
    I'm floored by the choice, Air Sharing was free for a time being, then jumped to 6.99 but you dont see them trying to gain money by forcing everyone who got it free to pay for an update. I wouldn't have a problem if iRealSMS continued to support version 1.xx and make this version they just came out with their pro. But it doesnt look like it's happening, in the meantime I have switched to BiteSMS and actually find it much more useful then iRealSMS because it doesnt try to replace the SMS application, but builds on it so I dont have to keep going back to my mobile.sms app and making sure every text is checked as read.

    thats my 2 cents

  13. #93
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    The conspiracy comment was a bit more on the satirical side

    Back to your main point though, I could not agree with you more. BiteSMS works very well, and is free. There is one minor bug but I consider it negligible although I would prefer it fixed (if you exit the app before the text sends, the actual text you typed in will remain in the input area even after the message sends. The default SMS app doesn't do this). Regardless, BiteSMS trumps.

  14. #94
    Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,533
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 136 Times in 95 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by docomar View Post
    There is no conspiracy going on, but real facts :
    irealSMS is not worth a penny : even free, it is not worth it because the latest version is still full of bugs!!!!
    The worst one is the chronological order of SMS in a conversation: it is not respected, stoneage reminding me tha earlier versions of Apple SMS app.
    BiteSMS IS way MUCH BETTER WITHOUT ANY SINGLE BUG WHATSOEVER, and....it is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually the paid version is flawless, way better than biteSMS but to each their own
    iLive an iLife

  15. #95
    How come, when in a conversation and replying, you cannot see the conversation?

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Actually the paid version is flawless, way better than biteSMS but to each their own
    Agreed.

    We need to stop bashing and get on topic and discuss iRealSMS and not how much it costs and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    How come, when in a conversation and replying, you cannot see the conversation?
    I was wondered that too. Not a big deal but it would be nice to keep it on the screen like the stock SMS app does. Nevertheless I am enjoying the app tremendously. Been using it all day.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2008-11-18 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #97
    does iRealSMS work with intelliscreen??

    anyone? anyone?

  18. #98
    I have both installed. Which part do you mean?

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I have both installed. Which part do you mean?
    specifically the quick view integration

    like, when your phone is locked and you get a text message and it appears on the lockscreen.....when you swipe the text message and view it in Quick View....if you wish to reply and you hit Launch SMS....does it go to iRealSMS or the original iPhone SMS app?

    THANKS!

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by lazer View Post
    specifically the quick view integration

    like, when your phone is locked and you get a text message and it appears on the lockscreen.....when you swipe the text message and view it in Quick View....if you wish to reply and you hit Launch SMS....does it go to iRealSMS or the original iPhone SMS app?

    THANKS!
    Ahh. I actually have that turned off. I will turn it on and let your know.

    On a side note: even though I have been wanting a landscape texting app, I find myself texting in portrait mode more. I think its because its easier to text with one hand that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by lazer View Post
    specifically the quick view integration

    like, when your phone is locked and you get a text message and it appears on the lockscreen.....when you swipe the text message and view it in Quick View....if you wish to reply and you hit Launch SMS....does it go to iRealSMS or the original iPhone SMS app?

    THANKS!
    Quickview takes you into the stock SMS app and not iRealSMS.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2008-11-18 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •