Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRealSMS: LANDSCAPE SMS FTW

Thanks

haha when i text people its just jibberish no one can understand

Cool Latest iRealSMS Web Site Bug Info
    Not being a "negative Ninnie" but listed below is the latest iRealSMS Bug info..

Release note: The app was released this night and currently there ARE some bugs.

* If you have not installed MobileSubstrate please reinstall using the instructions below.
    * Please make sure that you have installed iRealSMS version 1.0.0-2 and that you respring or reboot after you entered your serial.

* There is one major bug for some people where SMS added to inbox or sent will vanish after closing the app. Please help to track this down by providing the following information to [email protected] :
    o Have you followed the installation instructions at the bottom of this page exactly? You can do this after uninstalling iRealSMS.
    o Which firmware version is installed?
    o Is IntelliScreen installed on your phone?
    o Is Winterboard installed on your phone and is it working?
    o Does the file /var/mobile/Library/iRealSMS/realSMS.db exist and which permissions does it have?
    o If you send an SMS to your own number from within iRealSMS, appear 1 or 2 alert views?
    o Do you know how to use SSH?
    o If so, can you pleae give me results for this: ls -l /var/mobile/Library/iRealSMS/
    o And this ls -l /var/mobile/Library/iRealSMS

There will be an update released as soon as possible which will include the following fixes:

* If MobileSubstrate is not installed, it will be installed automatically
    * You wont have to respring after you activated iRealSMS
    * Landscape: text wont be cut off after 44 chars
    * Landscape: Buttons for send and corr.off will be added
    * The FULL name of senders and receivers will be shown

iRealSMS is distributed over Cydia - follow these steps to install:

1. Jailbreak your iPhone from Windows or from Mac
    2. Launch Cydia
    3. If you have not installed MobileSubstrate already Choose System category
    1. Choose MobileSubstrate and install
    2. After respring open Cydia again
    4. Choose SMS category
    5. Choose iRealSMS and Install

6. After testing in demo mode come here again to purchase your serial
    7. Start iRealSMS and enter your serial and activate
    8. respring or reboot your iPhone
    9. Have fun! And don't miss the landscape keyboard writing a SMS...

Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    what a bunch of negative ninnies. i mean this is a top most asked for feature (so much so that people were tired of hearing people ask!), and someone FINALLY delivered. i'm not saying that the program is perfect or anything. i'm just saying that i never had any interest in those other sms apps, cuz landscape keyboard was the deal breaker for me. i mean its a first version, so lets hope for quality updates, and who knows, maybe you'll end up liking it better than the rest, and actually WANT to pay money for it. i mean its already packing a LOT of features...

not worth it. way to many problems not worth the cost.

somebody else for gods sake make a landscape sms app.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Hmm, not worth it.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

greedy mother f**kers what happened to apps being made for the good of the community? People do donate, you dont have to force payment. Its all RipDev's fault....ill wait for an imminent crack for this app
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2008-09-11 at 11:23 PM.
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maly00 View Post
    Calm down guys. This is the first version of the app. We can all see that it requires more work. it needs a little touch here and there to make it look more proffesional. I hope the developer will be working very hard on the app. Add more features and enhance the design! Fingers crossed
    It's nothing about calming down, they are just reporting back and reviewing a product. I personally glad they have, I was about to pay for this but I think I will wait.

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    It's nothing about calming down, they are just reporting back and reviewing a product. I personally glad they have, I was about to pay for this but I think I will wait.
    same here...not about pay for it, but downloading it....but i decided to hold off on it and see what are the reviews from others...and I'm glad i did
    Last edited by marys25; 2008-09-12 at 02:30 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's make sure we can still jailbreak after 2.1

I also would like to wait for the professional version.

In the near future I wanted to use itextuploader (beta still) to backup/restore sms, but if it's build into this app even better.

biteSMS you can forward text messages. Just change the outgoing message options from biteSMS to through carrier. (keeps it free, app is free to install too) To forward just swipe your finger from left to right across the message you want to forward and pick forward

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JazJon For This Useful Post:

ericidle (2008-09-12)

Thanks

the update made some things work better. Like when you receive an sms it opens in the Ireal instead of the original. But still just random letters when i send and receive. See heres one i sent Once that is fixed it will be usable!

Quote Originally Posted by ca3 View Post
    the update made some things work better. Like when you receive an sms it opens in the Ireal instead of the original. But still just random letters when i send and receive. See heres one i sent Once that is fixed it will be usable!
    This problem is caused by the way they tried to restrict the demo version. it one of the main reasons I think the developers got this wrong, they should allow all the basic functionality of the native apple app, and have an enhanced version we can choose to pay for with all the bits apple missed or refuse to support like forwarding and smiles and deleting individual texts

I'm sure more people would pay once they knew the app worked and was stable and the developers would have got a better reputation and a more supportive user base in the process, instead of all the negative feedback

I wish they would take this approach, it would be less frustrating to users than this current lame attempt to limit use
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

ca3 (2008-09-13)

FTW????

More like FTMFL = FAIL

I don't know if it was just my phone but i tried uninstalling via cydia and now im restoring cuz my phone won't boot up... it's stuck on the apple boot logo... back to winpwn2.5 jailbreaking my 3G 2.02
    "Search" is your friend

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 808mp5 View Post
    FTW????

More like FTMFL = FAIL

I don't know if it was just my phone but i tried uninstalling via cydia and now im restoring cuz my phone won't boot up... it's stuck on the apple boot logo... back to winpwn2.5 jailbreaking my 3G 2.02
    Nope, that's quite a common occurrence with Cydia, most times I've tried installing something through it I've had to restore.

And if iRealSMS is trying to sell this thing, why aren't they doing it through the Appstore?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Nope, that's quite a common occurrence with Cydia, most times I've tried installing something through it I've had to restore.

And if iRealSMS is trying to sell this thing, why aren't they doing it through the Appstore?
    apple would never allow it... ever, nothing that would substitute for their app. i could just see them turning it down

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm gonna hold off buying it till "SMS conversation view" is put in like the normal SMS app

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ca3 View Post
    apple would never allow it... ever, nothing that would substitute for their app. i could just see them turning it down
    Why not? There's third party calculators, weather apps, photo apps, calendar apps... all of which are Apple apps
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I installed the demo and liked the concept (although obviously there are some bugs that need to be fixed) so I went and paid the 5 euros and got the full version now and noticed that the funny looking letters in sent and recieved text messages are no longer there. That's one of the major bugs done with. The only two things it lacks now are
    A- Send button in landscape, it's annoying having to flip the phone to type in landscape then flip it again to hit send in portrait.. but I can deal with that for now.
    B- Threaded SMS is a must, they have to add that. I've gotten so used to threaded sms in my normal iphone sms app that I can't live without it now, lol.

Once those two things are added this app will be flawless.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty cool, but why can't they just add these features on to the current SMS app. Landscape, forwarding and emoticon support would be the best add ons ever. Installing through Cydia just puts me off it even more, I hate Cydia,
    Cydia + iPhone = Apple Logo Of Death + Absolutely ridiculous installing/uninstalling times. RipDev should hurry up so all the apps in Cydia can be available in Installer. Apple would never allow it because it would have to run in the background, even if running in background were allowed Apple would never accept it.
    If everyone complained to Apple about missing features, then they might add them in.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

So Saurik....are you going to release your own, better, free version of this too?
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Why not? There's third party calculators, weather apps, photo apps, calendar apps... all of which are Apple apps
    @Eurisko not wishing to flame, but are you really a moderator, the questions you have on this thread are way to basic for a moderator

Apple does what apple wants, if they wanted to support forwarding texts it would have been simple to do by now, like when they added multiple recipients. But apple believe sms and mms to be old technology and believe email to be superior means of communication, why I really dont know as the sms and mms applications make millions for carriers and are very popular with users in many countries, though maybe not the US.

Of course maybe apple see email as being a less expensive way to send messaging and photos as they already allow but then not everyone of my friends has a email friendly phone and they dont want one either , they laugh at me and my iphone for not being able to forward texts

they use email on a computer where all attachments can be opened and viewed unlike on the iphone.

Id be very happy if apple would add the simple functionality already enjoyed by millions of phone users who currently send mms and forward sms and it would be very simple for apple to do as this service is offered by all there current preferred carriers. So not doing so and publicly stating they have no current desire to do this it what keeps people looking at potentially viable alternatives
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    I went and paid the 5 euros and got the full version now and noticed that the funny looking letters in sent and recieved text messages are no longer there. That's one of the major bugs done with.
    Not a bug. Read more closely, it's an intentional limitation of the trial version that is removed when you register/buy.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast