Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ShopList 0.3

Default ShopList 0.3
    Hi all,

I just posted ShopList 0.3 that implements the most popular feature requests. ShopList is a simple app to manage you shopping listS, yes! now it supports multiple lists. Thanks to all the ppl in this forum for the feedback, enjoy the App. The repository is the same:

http://mazinger.cs.yale.edu/iphone-apps/index.xml

beware of iphone typing corrections when you type this into your phone. For those updating, it will maintain your old list so update with confidence.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

When launching the app, it loads the splash page, then crashes right back to the home screen. I tried recursively changing all permissions to 775, and then to 777, and it still crashes. I am running a dev team 1.1.3

I have the same problem! Should'nt have updated to 0.30.

I see, can you ssh to your IPhone? If you can run ShopList from the shell, crash it and please post the output
    #su mobile
    $cd /Applications/ShopList.app
    $./ShopList

thanks

I was able to replicate the bug, so I'm working on it.

cheers, Felipe

Just posted version 0.31, I believe the bug was fixed. Please report.
    Last edited by fsaint; 2008-02-26 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fsaint For This Useful Post:

JoeVegas (2008-02-26)

Update version works great thanks I love this app!

I just used this update for shoplist and when my phone was goingback to the springboard like it normally does after installing apps, the spinning wheel never stopped so i rebooted my phone and when it started up my icons kept flashing back to the springboard in a constant loop like every second, luckily ssh into my phone and was surprised it work, so i deleted shoplist and exactly right away when it finished deleting it let the springboard out of the loop and left me at my unlock screen and its perfectly fine now... i almost had a heart attack im so glad i got it working now, it would suck to set up everything again, i hope this doesnt happen to anyone else....and its for reasons like this i have learned to keep shh running all the time even if it does kill the battery a bit more, ii think its worth it

Wow kpace1! I really have no idea how could THAT happened. At that point ShopList is not even running. There might be a problem with the install script. Any ideas what the problem might be? Does anyone else had this problem?

well i have no idea either all i know is i was installing the update for shoplist then my phone started rebootingback to springboard, and it got stuck with the spinning wheel for like 5 minutes, then i decided to reboot my phone and when it started back up thats what happened, then luckily ssh was still available and as soon as i deleted the app it stopped rebooting instantly and took me to the unlock screen.. scared the sh** out of me lol, i thought my phone was gone after seeing that and im so glad i keep ssh on all the time for times like that

This is the classic symptom of exceeding the app limit. If you exceed 79 apps (for some folks it seems to be fewer) the phone can't launch Springboard and gets stuck in an endless reboot loop. Remove the excess and things are fine.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 2008-02-26 at 09:30 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveiPhone For This Useful Post:

fsaint (2008-02-26)

Thanks DaveiPhone for clarifying that issue. I was really worried there wondering how the hell am I supposed to debug that! Good. Anyway as the day went by a few other bugs where reported and I have been fixing them so version 0.32 is out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

The new version appears to be working fine on 1.1.3. Thank you for the program, and thank you for updating!

I Use Shoplist now for my daily shopping me like it

I was just going to sugest mulitple lists and this one has it
    I havent tried it yet since my touch wifi is slow
    Can you post a link to manual download like you did with 0.2 ?

Do you still use the blue and green buttons "Have/dont have" since i realy liked them
    I see something look different on the picture with those Checkmarks
    but i do like having mulitple lists.

Some thing you can make if you havent done yet?:

- Make the shop tittle for each article to suport longer text
    - add a easy system for quanity
    - add a version with more colors like with Black background and white or/and blue text

How do you get the items to appear in alphabetical order?

Thumbs up Feature suggestion - ordering
    Hi,

Ever since I got my iPhone I've been waiting for this kind of app!
    When shopping, I'm usually using HandyShopper on my PocketPC.

What I'm missing here is the ability to control the order of the items. If you added the ability to drag items and thus control their order in the list, it would make ShopList a killer app in my mind!

Thanks a lot for all the effort.

Yep - that's what I was getting at in my question.

In the screen shot the items are in alphabetical order but I guess they were just entered that way?

IGreenberg,

There are supposed to be in alphabetical order. I checked out and indeed there are cases in which they do not get sorted properly. I'll fix the issue, thanks for noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by the.looxer View Post
    Hi,

Ever since I got my iPhone I've been waiting for this kind of app!
    When shopping, I'm usually using HandyShopper on my PocketPC.

What I'm missing here is the ability to control the order of the items. If you added the ability to drag items and thus control their order in the list, it would make ShopList a killer app in my mind!

Thanks a lot for all the effort.
    the.looxer

Yes, that is a great feature. I have attempted it with no success. I hoping that the iPhone SDK will come with enough documentation to pull that off. Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by coolvibes View Post
    I Use Shoplist now for my daily shopping me like it

I was just going to sugest mulitple lists and this one has it
    I havent tried it yet since my touch wifi is slow
    Can you post a link to manual download like you did with 0.2 ?

Do you still use the blue and green buttons "Have/dont have" since i realy liked them
    I see something look different on the picture with those Checkmarks
    but i do like having mulitple lists.

Some thing you can make if you havent done yet?:

- Make the shop tittle for each article to suport longer text
    - add a easy system for quanity
    - add a version with more colors like with Black background and white or/and blue text
    coolvibes,

The manual link is
    http://mazinger.cs.yale.edu/iphone-a...s/ShopList.zip
    "Do you still use the blue and green buttons "Have/dont have" since i realy liked them"
    It seems me and you are the only ones! Ppl seemed to get really confused by the have/need buttons. I don't know, may be I'll get back to the buttons or have it as an option, not sure what I'll do.
    Thanks for the feature suggestions, I'll have them in mind. I'm particularly interested in the quantity. Do you have anything in mind? All options I think of get either too complicated or not very useful.

cheers, Felipe
    Last edited by fsaint; 2008-02-29 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to fsaint For This Useful Post:

kyteflyer (2008-03-01)

Thanks.

None of my lists are alphabetized.

It would be really great to either have some "starter" lists or better yet, a way to import or edit lists on the computer. I don't like entering so much text on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by fsaint View Post
    "Do you still use the blue and green buttons "Have/dont have" since i realy liked them"
    It seems me and you are the only ones! Ppl seemed to get really confused by the have/need buttons. I don't know, may be I'll get back to the buttons or have it as an option, not sure what I'll do.
    Make that three of us that liked the buttons. I had no issues with them, seemed very logical. GUI-wise, they looked better too <grin>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default A Great App!
    My two cents would be to have a quicker way to type in a list. Right now, you have to tap "Add", then type in the item, and then tap "Save"... which takes you back to the original screen.

How about tapping "add"... then having the option of "Next Item" on the 2nd page? That way you could quickly type a 10 item list, and then "Save" to return to the list of items.

Again, amazingly useful app!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast