Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod Problem

Unhappy Ipod Problem
    hey ppl,
    i am on 2.0.2 and i am having a wierd problem here...my ipod app shows No content even when the songs and the movies have been synced to the phone through itunes..Hard resetting(sleep+home button) or reseting the settings dusnt help me here..i even tried desyncing all the apps and then syncing them back,..but that dusnt help me either...i have restored my phone atleast 10 times in the past one month..the ipod app works fine for a few days and then the prob occurs again..ppl plz help me here wid dis..as m now really tired of it!!
    Last edited by tanmaykwal; 2008-09-07 at 03:26 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

although I don't understand half of what you said.. but I'm guessing your getting a no content problem..and at the moment their isn't any real permanent solution to this...what I've had to do is de-sync all my apps, reboot phone, and then you will see that the songs will appear again. and then re-sync your apps to your device. I've already had to do this processes twice and it's worked..but really there isn't any permanent solution to this problem yet.

Quote Originally Posted by marys25 View Post
    although I don't understand half of what you said.. but I'm guessing your getting a no content problem..and at the moment their isn't any real permanent solution to this...what I've had to do is de-sync all my apps, reboot phone, and then you will see that the songs will appear again. and then re-sync your apps to your device. I've already had to do this processes twice and it's worked..but really there isn't any permanent solution to this problem yet.
    i tried desyncing n rebooting m fone..it dusnt help..

Thanks

have you downloaded any cracked app on installer??...this could be a reason too

i du hv many cracked apps..but none frm installer!!

Thanks

yeah that could be the reason too..I have some too, but not from installer..and I too get the no content bug on my ipod
    Last edited by marys25; 2008-09-07 at 04:26 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tanmaykwal View Post
    hey ppl,
    i am on 2.0.2 n m having a wierd problem here...my ipod app shows no songs even wen d songs hv been synced2d fone thru itunes..n they r der on d phone..Hard resetting(sleep+home button) or reseting d settings dusnt help m here..i even tried desyncing all d apps n then syncing em bak,..bt dt dusnt help m either...i have restored mah fone atleast 10 tyms in d past one mnth..d app works fyn for a few days n den d prob occurs again..ppl plz help m here wid dis..as m now really tired of it!!
    First of all...please write in proper ENGLISH so everyone can understand it.
    Secondly, this thread is in the WRONG FORUM LOCATION. Move it.
    Thirdy, you are a doooouchebag.

Thanks

deauthorize your iTunes account from your computer and then reautorize it. Then try syncing.

sorry for being an ***..but how do i deauthorize??

Deauthorizing doesn't help. There is one proven solution that is widely accepted, but it's a PAIN IN THE ***. I did it, and it worked great.

1. Close iTunes. Fine the iTunes folder in My Pictures. Rename it to something else such as "iTunes Backup".
    2. Find a place to download iTunes 7.7, or, to be more specific, 7.7.0.43. While that's downloading, uninstall your current version of iTunes (if you just try using the install wizard, it gives you an error message because you have a more recent version).
    3. Use the install wizard and make sure that the content folder is set as what it was before you renamed it.
    3. After it's installed, BEFORE STARTING ITUNES, rename the iTunes folder you renamed earlier to its original name.
    4. Start iTunes. It should have your whole library if you did it right.
    5. Go to the Settings app on your ipod/iphone. Navigate to General>Reset, and select Erase All Content And Settings. You will get the Apple logo and a progress bar below it. This part took me 3 or 4 hours, so I reccomend doing it while it's charging, then going to sleep, going out, watching a movie, etc.
    6. (Optional) Restore your ipod/iphone to your preferred firmware version (2.0.2 works great) using iTunes. (Since you reset content and settings, I'm not sure if this is needed, but you can if you want to be extra safe)
    7. Jailbreak and Sync your ipod/iphone; doesn't matter which comes first.

You're done.

Note: On a Mac, there are some files you have to delete before you uninstall, but I'm a PC guy and don't know what those are. I can look that up later and post back here if anybody wants.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jacktaylor73 For This Useful Post:

tanmaykwal (2008-09-12)

If that works, great.

But I have a much easier suggestion if you don't wanna try all of that. Simply SSH in and delete the iTunes_Control folder.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

tanmaykwal (2008-09-12)