Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ContactFLow

Quote Originally Posted by vikasmal View Post
    Hmmm installed on my phone 1.1.1, Coverflow 0.7 US version; started fine but crashed to springboard on tapping. Started it again and now all photos are just blank white spaces. Reinstalled but the same. Does this NOT work with 1.1.1?

Thanks.
    I am having the same problem, so I don't believe it does...must be time to upgrade....

First off, LOVE this app and thank you so much for the time and effort spent in making it. THANK YOU!

A few issues (am on 1.1.1):

Please get rid of the opening screen, ideally it should go directly to the photos for calling as this takes too long and defeats the purpose of quick calling. Also, this can easily be incorporated by having an 'i' button on the application for those who wish to change the settings.

First time starting with only the direct call button turned on, the contact flow works fine but with the alphabetical order turned on also, the photos are all white squares. However, if one turns the alphabetical order off, then it works fine for the first time.

However, trying it again results in the same issue, blank white squares. BUT if I switch off and then on again, the direct call button, then its fine once more with the photos showing.

But all photos/contacts associated with multiple phone numbers crash back to the springboard. Is there anyway of avoiding this? Is it possible to prioritize the mobile number for calling? Or does one need to have contacts with only one phone number?

Hope these issues can be addressed as I think this is one of the coolest apps made for the iphone.

Thank You.

Cheers.

Just installed the new version 0.9 but unfortunately there is no button for showing only the photo contacts and its showing all contacts now. Could you please put that button back? Thank you.

Rest looks so much better that it launches directly into the contact flow page and the 'i' for the preferences sheet is way cool. Thanks a lot for that.

Is it possible to dial contacts with multiple phone numbers? Thanks.

Cheers, Vikas

Forgot to add that the list is not alphabetical as of now. Is that possible? Thank You.
    Last edited by vikasmal; 2008-02-29 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Found version 0.9 in installer.

i m using 0.9 from hours and it works like a delight on 1.1.4

Green Apple
    Thanks

Arrrggg!!
    No more automatic settings pop up... GOOD! Thanks

Please add the rest of the options in the preference screen. I'd like it to just show only the contacts that I have pictures of. Now I have alot of ipod pictures with blank names

Coming along great though

v0.9 works great on my 1.1.1 now, thanks a lot, great app

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Fafoulon,

Thanks for a great app. I absolutely love this app every since the first version that was released. The update from yesterday was good in the fact that you included options. The one think I did not like was that option screen showed up as soon as you lauched the application, but the option available were perfect. So I just upgraded to .9, and I appreciate the addition of the "Info-Preferences button" and the preference screen not being the first thing to show up, but the important option to show all contacts is now missing. Also none of my pictures show up on a 1.1.3 Ziphone jb and Unlocked phone. Any ideas on what going on?

Thanks.....please fix cause I love showing this app off.

Default Nice app
    @ fulliphone
    Love this app. The hard work is definitely appreciated, you would think apple would have included this kind of functionality inherently. I have it (v0.9b) running on 1.1.3 with no issues.

I have a few possible enhancement suggestions, please take with a grain of salt, I'm not a programmer and have no idea how difficult this would be to implement.

1. I think it makes sense for it to either ignore contacts w/o images, or the ability to select to display all contacts or only contacts with an image assigned. I think this was available previously.

2. A preferences screen with a menu for contact editing, that would be great. Here it would be great to be able to identify the default phone number to dial and the default number to SMS. Reason for this in the next idea.

3. Leveraging the previous thought, I would love (I'm sure others would as well) the ability to double click on a contact image to start composition of a new SMS (automatically to the default number), and press hold the contact image to dial the default phone #. Or vice versa, or the ability to pick between the 2 options in the preferences would also be great.

4. A pinch out gesture to bring up all the contact details for a particular contact would be great if they were not available on any of the predefined default numbers.

Lastly just in terms of aesthetics and presentation, I think this great app is done a severe injustice by the inclusion of the opening splash screen.

A million thanks for a really sweet app.

Cheers

Thanks

Uninstalled and reinstalled and its still not displaying my contacts that do have photos. All of my contacts are now displayed and the default icons that were in a previous version are no longer there either. So please bring back the ability to display just the conacts with photos and if there is some reason why my picture aren't being displayed please let me know. Lookng forward to some of the other future updates that you mentioned on your site as well. Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Have yet to get this working even after many restores, uninstalls and reinstalls... Just crashes back to springboard, permissions set, manually installed, also installed from installer (0.9b). There has to be something my device is missing that the app is looking for, but I cant pin point it. Sux.... But sexxy a$$ app I must say.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

i think i got same prob as above ^^

just crash but i sounds cool

hey killa lol

howed u set permisions?
    Last edited by abujala; 2008-03-01 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

Thanks

Well I'm on 1.1.3 with the Ziphone jailbreak, and all of the previous updates worked perfectly fine. Its just .9b thats not displaying pictures. Now when I tap the contact and it flips over to display the numbers both the default icons and my personal contact pictures shows up in the upper left corner, but when I tap it and it flips back over it is just a white contact screen no picture no default icon or anything. I think you're right this last update must be much different from the previous revs.

Downloaded and installed from the website and things appear to be working as they should
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-03-02 at 04:31 AM. Reason: working now.. but installer source seems to be down

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abujala View Post
    i think i got same prob as above ^^

just crash but i sounds cool

hey killa lol

howed u set permisions?
    I set permissions through winscp, you can also through it through the terminal app, but its seems to be a much faster process through winscp
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.

Is there a way to get the old version back? on the new version, i just have white squares where the pictures should be.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    Is there a way to get the old version back? on the new version, i just have white squares where the pictures should be.
    I was having the same problem. If you tap on a contact with a pic it should display the pic in the upper corner when it flips over to show the phone numbers. I downloaded the app from the developers website and used winscp to install manually and everything is working as it should. Hope this helps. If you need more info let me know.

It would have been cool if this was a plugin for the original Contacts app or Springboard which triggers when you hold your iPhone horizontal.

Edit: Maybe it could sort by most frequently called or similar?
    Last edited by kakcoo; 2008-03-02 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks

.93 is out and it is perfect.....meaning....it back to displaying only contacts with photos and there is an option to display all contacts.

Looks like photo dialer has also started to incorporate the contact flow look but it doesn't appear to be functioning properly...I think the original Contactflow is much better anyway...not to mention the developer is resolving these issues very quickly and its free....my thanks go out to the developer...keep up the good work.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Figured out what my issue was as to why the app just kept crashing back to springboard.

I used Funambol to sync my contacts back to my device, and the contacts that had photos for some reason didnt have them appled back to them. I opened up PhotoDial and it showed only the contacts that had pics, but all the pics were white squares (blanks), so I then applied the images back to the contacts, and opened ContactFlow, and BOOM! Everything was finally working.

So if your app keeps crashing, it may be reading blanks from somewhere, reapply the images, you should be good

Sweet App!

i have the fix........
    if your getting the white screens for contacts!!

first-winscp into you phone,

-now guide yourself to the contactflow.app when you get inside you will see multiple lang. folders

-delete all of them except english of course, or whatever lang. you speak obviously, then get out respring and your contacts should be nice and refurbished in the app.!!
    <put something witty here?>

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kryptedak For This Useful Post:

Niner (2008-03-24)

Green Apple
    Thanks

If all you get are white boxes after installing the latest version, turn your phone off then on. Everything will be fine, at least on mine.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to amf For This Useful Post:

Niner (2008-03-24)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast