Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UpdatedSnapshots Folder?

Default UpdatedSnapshots Folder?
    anyone know what the /tmp/UpdatedSnapshots folder is? it takes screenshots of my phone automatically when i go into the phone "app" on from springboard....kinda creepy.....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

damn, thats crazy. Got me curious now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schind View Post
    anyone know what the /tmp/UpdatedSnapshots folder is? it takes screenshots of my phone automatically when i go into the phone "app" on from springboard....kinda creepy.....
    i think its where you add pics for thr dialer pad

Quote Originally Posted by HighTymes View Post
    damn, thats crazy. Got me curious now.
    what is your snapshot of mine is my modded dialerpad

it does takes snapshots very very scarry ,,,feel like i just got cought jerking off
    Last edited by jedinight; 2007-08-27 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Don't freak out too much. Interesting find though. What it seems to be is a temp folder where a screenshot of the last app you were in is placed when you go back to springboard.app. It seems to only take a shot for apps that "remember" the last place you were, like which note you were on last time you were in the notepad. I'd guess it's loaded up when that app is launched again and placed on screen for a second while the data is being loaded and is then replaced with live data... but that's totally speculation. Anyone have any other ideas what they'd be used for?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skivvie View Post
    Don't freak out too much. Interesting find though. What it seems to be is a temp folder where a screenshot of the last app you were in is placed when you go back to springboard.app. It seems to only take a shot for apps that "remember" the last place you were, like which note you were on last time you were in the notepad. I'd guess it's loaded up when that app is launched again and placed on screen for a second while the data is being loaded and is then replaced with live data... but that's totally speculation. Anyone have any other ideas what they'd be used for?
    i think you are right on, i believe its a form of the default.png files so that while an app is loading you don't notice it is loading (by looking at a blank screen)

I guess it's harmless....but still really scary...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schind View Post
    I guess it's harmless....but still really scary...
    yeah ever look a your crash log in itunes you know the one it ask to send to apple ,,,,,ever 3rd party app i have is in there ,and ive had zero crashes since new update from apple 1.0.2 scary.!!!!

I'd guess it's loaded up when that app is launched again and placed on screen for a second while the data is being loaded and is then replaced with live data... but that's totally speculation. Anyone have any other ideas what they'd be used for?
    I would guess that it's for the zoom out animation that happens anytime you hit the home button. Whatever you're looking at when you press home, zooms away into the distance as your homescreen zooms in from the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by skivvie View Post
    100% Correct - I replaced the mobilephone jpg with the mobilesafari jpg and when I launched Phone, it showed my safari screen for about .75 seconds and then switched to my contact view.

Quote Originally Posted by spliket View Post
    I would guess that it's for the zoom out animation that happens anytime you hit the home button. Whatever you're looking at when you press home, zooms away into the distance as your homescreen zooms in from the sides.
    Incorrect... see above