Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [2.0 - Release] iBlacklist - Call/SMS filtering application

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i`m havin tha same issue as spiderhug. it randomly blocks txt`s from numbers not on the blacklist and i have been using iblacklist since it first came out & since the latest update this has been happening alot. i noticed when it blocks then=m there is a 1 in front of the phone number but my contacts have no 1 in front of them. hope this helps
    Last edited by Blackwidow74; 2009-11-27 at 06:25 AM.

Hi friends

Please update to the latest iBlacklist available on Cydia.
    It has the receiving message part reworked to avoid this problem above and also an important fix for the MMS filter, regarding video and audio clips. The current update available now hides photos, audio and video clips as well, and you can play these clips inside iBlacklist, when a message is filtered. The previous version was working fine for photos only, videos and audio files were lost.

Also, there are other ways to block texts other than match a blacklisted number.
    You can check the Message Settings -> Block text setup. Please open it and select the General text box. Clear it, maybe it have double spaces in there.
    This setup makes the software block a message regardless who sent it, by searching for a string match on text body.

The update for iBlacklist (3.1-5) is on it's way. I have added the Voicemail Privacy, to suppress the voicemail popups, just like the other privacies we have there.
    I tested with standard voicemail, since i don't have visual voicemail here. If someone are willing to try it for visual voicemail privacy, please contact me on [email protected]

Once the visual voicemail is tested, it will be ready for release. Thanks to everyone.

cool, thank you for a great app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well, I simply cannot get this to work with 3.1.2

All I want is to be able to use call and sms privacy, but since I updated to firmware 3.1.2 this stopped working. Downloaded iBlacklist a week ago so I guess it`s the newest version.

In order to use the privacies, you need to enable it for calls, sms and/or mms as your privacies need.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    All those three are enabled. I used this app on 2.2 and then it worked like a charm, but on 3.1.2 I cannot get it to work...

I only need to enable these right?

I mean the filter, not only the options in Extras.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ok, you are talking about the "Call blocking" and the other block-options in the "Enable"-section? My calls and sms` will still reach me? I don`t want to block them, only use privacy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    bump

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    spektro?

I see mention of "privacies"

Is there a way to "block" incoming phone calls with this? Simply so they don't pop up the screen when I get them. Would be useful for when I'm using GPS and don't want to take calls... it'd still go to voicemail or something.
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

@ King-Nothing

Sorry for the delay mate. Yes, they will still reach you as long as your setup says so. Deactivate any list and make sure other options like addressbook only, etc are off and you will receive anyone.

@Dorkington

Yes, thatīs what iBlacklist is all about, block calls and/or messages, so they wonīt bother you and will not appear on your iPhone and wonīt interrupt any activity you might be doing on your device.

Spektro,

Do you guys have a version of this for Android phones?

I actually just received my Nexus One (and YES, iPhone is FAR FAR a MUCH BETTER hardware and software thing), rooted (or jailbroke) it and iīm in process of trying to enable dropbear on it to have a SSH server daemon running (seems to have a problem on root password). Then, the playing will start.
    I see there are a few apps that horribly do the job (or at least try to do it), but since my java knowledge is, in a 0 to 10 scale, hummmm, -100 (i hate java!!!), i donīt know if iīll succeed on it, but i can try at least.

Man I wish I had some programming ability. I am very technical, but when it comes to programming, I am pretty much limited to VBA within Excel and Access. Man the display on the Nexus One is absolutely gorgeous! It is a nice change of scenery from the standard 4x4 icon layout.

I should have my Nexus One rooted tonight. Keep me in mind if you need to beta test any of your future developments! I love your products on the iphone OS.
    Last edited by OctopusPrime; 2010-02-17 at 02:50 PM.

i jus bought the iBlackList full version after playing with the limited version on my jailbroken iPhone 3GS. My friends and i are really impressed with this app and it has definitely prevented awkward situations from happening. Kudos to iBlackList's dev team.

anyway, i have a slight problem. Eversince i've purchased the full version, i've went on to increase the no. of contacts in the blacklist from 2 to ard 6. (everything during the trial was working fine, including blocking calls n sms) However, I sms-ed someone from this group of 6 last nite. The msg sent was retained in the iBL's msg history (which means it's kinda working) but the sms i've received appeared in both the iBL's history and the original iPhone's messaging area. I dunno if you guys have this problem but it needs to be sorted out for me asap

Is it something to do with the database? since the trial only permit 2 numbers?

thanks alot guys!

NEED HELP!!

When I unintalled iblacklist, the caller(s) i put in the block list is still coming up as "blocked contact" in the incoming call display. Although the calls are not blocked.

I tried restoring my phone to no help, can anyone tell me if there's a file i can modify to get it back to normal? I have root access to ssh the phone

Thanks in advance

hi. i sent an e-mail to the support but maybe you didn't see it.
    so i try here...

i have the latest full version of iblacklist
    and bitesms 4.6 final on an Iphone 2g with firmware 3.1.2 installed.
    there is an incompatibility between this two apps at the moment.

when i set bitesms as native app to manage messages, iblacklist, when i receive a message from contact not in white list (with all settings ok - for example notify sound off), doesn't block incoming message and i can see preview and hear the sound.

everything goes ok if i remove bitesms as native app.

i know that probably this is for a change of code in bitesms, but there is anyway to resolve it?
    Can you do something in the next version of iblacklist?

thanks in advance

Eraclito

@takumiboi

Sounds like you donīt have the Message Settings -> Delete Message set to ON, which is the setup that makes iBlacklist remove the blocked message from the default app history. Is that correct?

@asianftw

What you are reporting has nothing to do with iBlacklist. The Blocked caller ID that your device is showing has absolutely nothing to do with iBlacklist. The person who is calling you is doing it by suppressing his caller ID on his device. Tell this user to set his phone to show his ID when calling anyone and you will have your problem solved.

@Eraclito

Maybe your e mail was thrown into the spam folder by mistake. Sorry for that.
    Seems the sms clients guys are producing new incompatibilities again. Iīll look into this, again

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast