Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize 1.1.3 Easy Fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Weather Icons & Background for Customize?
    Has anyone tried putting in any Weather Icons / Background?

I can't seem to make it work on these two things.

Anyone who has done this, can you please help on how you made it to work? I have downloaded the files but they come in sets and I am not sure how to set them up properly and on which folder/s.

i can't find it in installer either.. can anyone point me to where it is? i've searched every category..

Customize 1.1.3
    modded

in this repo:
    http://www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml

4. The Following User Says Thank You to grado33 For This Useful Post:

Keng230 (2008-03-06)

where can i find the carrier patch fix i cant seem to find it on installer anymore, i know i can manually add my own logos but the patch made it so much easier to change especially on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by jhawkins7766 View Post
    where can i find the carrier patch fix i cant seem to find it on installer anymore, i know i can manually add my own logos but the patch made it so much easier to change especially on the go.
    JUST bumping this to see if anyone knows a place to get the carrier patch fix....

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't find the customize patch! I added the source, refreshed it, installed original customize 1.21 but then, I can't find it anywhere! Please help, this goddamned thing is driving me mad!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grado33 View Post
    Customize 1.1.3
    modded

in this repo:
    http://www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml
    Thank you I got 1.21 (custom),2 here, haven't been found at touchrepo since yesterday.

cant download from either source

I'm having the same problem, can't find it in any source.
    Edit: I finally found the app on http://www.dlubbat.com/iphone.xml
    but now it won't download I keep getting error package download failed
    Last edited by Axeman747; 2008-03-07 at 01:58 AM.

I cannot find this package when I add this source. Has it moved?

Seems to be gone from both sources now.

why do I keep coming late? And why the hell do they keep removing them?? aaaaah!!! >: (

I need to get customize working damn you!

Geez, so no one knows of a working source with 1.1.3?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

This is soooooo annoying I've looked everywhere. Is there a simple download so I can install manually?

If someone could email this to waf3r@<nospam>waf3r.cjb.net I'd appreciate it

Thanks
    Last edited by Mad Ferret; 2008-03-13 at 07:05 PM.

I have loaded both sources and loaded customze but i still can not find the modded one. i am going crazy. I have not been able to find it. Some one Help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

HERE YOU GO GUYS THIS WILL HAVE THE DOWNLOAD .. THANK ME IF YOU LIKE!! :-)
    http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml

Or you could just try this (Danimator originally posted at iPodtouchfans, the new guide)

Here's EXACTLY what I did to get it working on mine. Read carefully!!! :P

INSTRUCTIONS: READ CAREFULLY!!! ( I've personally done the following 4 times on a fresh 1.1.4 restore / jailbreak iPod 8gb with NO problems, NO crashing, NO need for terminal commands, etc.)

1. Restore / Jailbreak to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. ( I did not, and will not test this on earlier firmwares, so if it doesn't work on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, sorry bout your luck). If you're NOT starting on a fresh restore / jailbreak, then goto step 5. assuming you already made your symlinks, etc.
    2. Install BSD and BossTool. Run BossTool.
    3. In BossTool, do it in this order!!! Move Ringtones, Move Applications, Move Fonts).
    4. Run the following commands in Terminal or Putty to make the necessary Symlinks:

cp -R /private/var/root/Media /private/var/mobile/
    rm -r /private/var/root/Media
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media /private/var/root/Media
    cp -R /private/var/root/Library /private/var/mobile/
    rm -r /private/var/root/Library
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library /private/var/root/Library

5. Add these two repos to your sources:

dan.ecct2.com/testrepo.xml
    danimator.techdocrx.com/testrepo.xml

6. Download Customize AND the Theme pack. ( You MUST DOWNLOAD BOTH or it WILL crash, or not work, etc). And DO NOT run Customize until both are downloaded and installed!!! Very Important!!!

7. Once all is downloaded and installed, you'll see the customize icon on the springboard, load it...there ya go! No crashing, or need for terminal commands, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for some inexplicable reason, if you get crashing, endless loading screens, or whatever, just run the following commands in terminal and it should be fine:

/bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
    /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

Note: If you've previously had your customize icon hidden with apps such as "Poof" or "Categories", etc. Make sure you unhide it before installing or else your icon will remain hidden after install.
    Last edited by erix920; 2008-03-15 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by erix920 View Post
    Or you could just try this (Danimator originally posted at iPodtouchfans, the new guide)

Here's EXACTLY what I did to get it working on mine. Read carefully!!! :P

INSTRUCTIONS: READ CAREFULLY!!! ( I've personally done the following 4 times on a fresh 1.1.4 restore / jailbreak iPod 8gb with NO problems, NO crashing, NO need for terminal commands, etc.)

1. Restore / Jailbreak to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. ( I did not, and will not test this on earlier firmwares, so if it doesn't work on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, sorry bout your luck). If you're NOT starting on a fresh restore / jailbreak, then goto step 5. assuming you already made your symlinks, etc.
    2. Install BSD and BossTool. Run BossTool.
    3. In BossTool, do it in this order!!! Move Ringtones, Move Applications, Move Fonts).
    4. Run the following commands in Terminal or Putty to make the necessary Symlinks:

cp -R /private/var/root/Media /private/var/mobile/
    rm -r /private/var/root/Media
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media /private/var/root/Media
    cp -R /private/var/root/Library /private/var/mobile/
    rm -r /private/var/root/Library
    ln -s /private/var/mobile/Library /private/var/root/Library

5. Add these two repos to your sources:

dan.ecct2.com/testrepo.xml
    danimator.techdocrx.com/testrepo.xml

6. Download Customize AND the Theme pack. ( You MUST DOWNLOAD BOTH or it WILL crash, or not work, etc). And DO NOT run Customize until both are downloaded and installed!!! Very Important!!!

7. Once all is downloaded and installed, you'll see the customize icon on the springboard, load it...there ya go! No crashing, or need for terminal commands, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for some inexplicable reason, if you get crashing, endless loading screens, or whatever, just run the following commands in terminal and it should be fine:

/bin/chmod -R 755 /Applications/Customize.app
    /bin/chmod +s /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    /Applications/Customize.app/Customize

Note: If you've previously had your customize icon hidden with apps such as "Poof" or "Categories", etc. Make sure you unhide it before installing or else your icon will remain hidden after install.
    has anybody tried this method?

Yes, I have.. works just fine on my 1.1.4 iPhone

Try it and find out..just remember to backup your contact and stuff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast