Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile-RSS

Still crash from time to time but at least it wont lock up my phone where I have to do a hard reset. I guess it's a start

Default Got 2.4.2 working in fw 1.1.2
    I was really looking forward to this update since it is one of my most used Apps. I am using firmware 1.1.2 and had the same problem with 2.4.2 not being able to add feeds. I could load a opml file and it would show unread messages, but they were empty when I looked at them.

It seems that the new update is looking for the rss.db database file in /var/mobile/Library/Preference/MobileRSS when it is actually in /var/root/Library/Preference/MobileRSS with firmware 1.1.2.

Here's what I did to get mine working:
    1. Uninstall MobileRSS and reboot.
    2. Using Putty, change to the directory /var/mobile/Library/Preferences
    3. ln -s /var/root/Library/Preferences/MobileRSS MobileRSS
    4. Check it's okay using: ls -la
    5. Now install MobileRSS ver 2.4.2
    6. You may also have to change permissions of the files under /var/root/Library/Preferences/MobileRSS to 0777.

This worked for me under firmware 1.1.2, use at your own risk. Thank you to Dallas for this great app. It seems a lot more stable now.

Dave
    Last edited by bwd; 2008-03-23 at 10:46 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bwd For This Useful Post:

mazor (2008-03-25)

Thanks Dave,

That relinking for the rss.db really works!!! Guess for us who do not require upgrading to 1.1.4 and want to stick to 1.1.2. This is the way to go, since 1.1.2 everything installs as ROOT, whereas in 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 everything installs as user MOBILE.

I am now back to using MobileRSS as my main RSS feed, see ya later SmartRSS, hehe

UPDATE
    =====

MObile RSS and Cydia possibly do not get along. suddenly, now sometimes my threads are seeing double, ie two of the same thread, an deleting feeds, can fully hang the device! Installer crashes back to springboard when nearly finished refreshing sources. Random restart of the iphone without warning!! and after the random restart the feeds suddenly appear correctly, bizarre.

Looks like I am switching back to SmartRSS for the time being. Need stability of the entire iPhone here.

Mabe MobileRSS is not compatible with Cydia Debian BSD subsystem, or 1.1.2 is really not ideal firmware for MobileRSS.

MAzor
    Last edited by mazor; 2008-03-26 at 10:18 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678