Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile-RSS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great app and much better than the previous version.

But i have one question:
    You can set the refresh time. But when does this do his work??
    Only when you have started the app??

This is why:
    I set a new rss. set the refresh time at 5 minutes and closed the app.
    I waited 15 minutes and there were new feeds but i did'nt see the red dot with a number to show the new feeds.
    It didn't refresh on the background. When i go in the app, refresh manually, i see the new feeds and the red dot when i close the app. Doesn't the app do it on the background?? If not, what is the function of the red dot on the icon then??

Have someone experience with this?

Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nobody use RSS 2.0 ??

Nobody has an answer to my previous post?

I found a possible bug:

I have these RSS Feeds set up correctly: Engadget, Gizmodo, BoyGeniusReport, TUAW, and MMi. The display order is just that. When I refresh the feeds, the items in the MMi will sometimes be in both the MMi sub folder, and also TUAW. I don't understand... Hope this helps

I'm on jailbroken 1.1.2 locked to AT&T. I've got several apps installed, all of which run smoothly.

NOTE: This is not an all the time issue, it happens at random.

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I found a possible bug:

I have these RSS Feeds set up correctly: Engadget, Gizmodo, BoyGeniusReport, TUAW, and MMi. The display order is just that. When I refresh the feeds, the items in the MMi will sometimes be in both the MMi sub folder, and also TUAW. I don't understand... Hope this helps

I'm on jailbroken 1.1.2 locked to AT&T. I've got several apps installed, all of which run smoothly.

hi Imahottguy
    plz tell me wat feeds you used to get gizmodo and mmi.
    i tried http://modemyifone.com but it didnt work
    please help
    and how do i add feeds in mobile rss v2.0
    thanks

Thanks

how do you add feeds ???
    8GB iPhone 1.0.2 Unlocked - Revirginized - Then 1.1.1 Jailbroken and Unlocked (Gone Bad - Traded In)

8GB iPhone 1.1.1 OTB JB - Unlocked - Restored to 1.1.3 JB and Unlocked (SOLD)

16GB iPhone 1.1.4 OTB JB / Activated / Unlocked - With iPlus2.0b (Current)

5000 iPhone wallpapers click here]

Quote Originally Posted by lamonsas View Post
    thx for the reply, i know how to change the permisions of an APP using Fugo on my mac, what do the permisons need to be? i didnt check what they are now but tell me what they should be please.
    just set everyone to be able to execute or even just set it to 777

Quote Originally Posted by mnidhk View Post
    Great app and much better than the previous version.

But i have one question:
    You can set the refresh time. But when does this do his work??
    Only when you have started the app??

This is why:
    I set a new rss. set the refresh time at 5 minutes and closed the app.
    I waited 15 minutes and there were new feeds but i did'nt see the red dot with a number to show the new feeds.
    It didn't refresh on the background. When i go in the app, refresh manually, i see the new feeds and the red dot when i close the app. Doesn't the app do it on the background?? If not, what is the function of the red dot on the icon then??

Have someone experience with this?

Thanks in advance
    It runs in the background when the app is closed.
    How did you install the app?
    Double check that in Settings you have it set to something besides manual.
    Also check the permissions on:
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.google.code.mobile-rss
    /usr/local/sbin/RSSDaemon

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I found a possible bug:

How did you add feeds? (Did you import from OPML, auto import from 1.4, added manually)

Quote Originally Posted by JokerX View Post
    how do you add feeds ???
    Go to Settings, Then Manage Feeds, Click Edit, tap on the first empty row.
    Or you can use the Quick Add or the import.
    Last edited by kdbdallas; 2007-12-01 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

KBdallas,

Hey, the latest update is really nice. Especially the Quick Add and segregating each feed to its own folder.

I wanted to give you some feedback on some buggyness I saw to help you in writing future versions.

Small bug - quick adding Slashdot. After a refresh or two of new items, the index looks normal but when you click on the article to read it, it ends up being a different item. It looks like the index and the index of actual articles get out of sync. This is easily repeatable and cannot be fixed except to drop the feed. Save. Then re-quick add it. But it gets screwed up again rather quickly.

Big bug - there seems to be a fairly substantial memory leak relating to the background refresh of new articles. After I've been using my Touch for a period of time with that reload of RSS running the background, I find my other programs closing on their own (running out of memory) and returning either to Lock or to the main screen of icons. Sometimes it gets so bad I cant even open Safari, and Ive frozen up a few times as well.

I'm running a Touch with 1.1.2 and the latest version of your MobileRSS.

I will keep an eye out for future version. This is really a nice program.

is it just me or when you scroll through the feeds its not a smooth scroll it kinda skips

I'm having freezing, and crashing issues with 2.0 on my 1.1.2 AT&T phone...I have a few other apps that work flawlessly.

This one tends to crash, freeze when I delete all items, and a lot of times, the touch screen doesn't work when I open a feed, and I have to restart the phone..Great app, I'd use it non-stop if it wasn't so damn unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by myboot View Post

Big bug - there seems to be a fairly substantial memory leak relating to the background refresh of new articles. After I've been using my Touch for a period of time with that reload of RSS running the background, I find my other programs closing on their own (running out of memory) and returning either to Lock or to the main screen of icons. Sometimes it gets so bad I cant even open Safari, and Ive frozen up a few times as well.

I'm running a Touch with 1.1.2 and the
    My bad - no memory leak with MobileRSS. The memory leak / crashing apps turned out to be one of the two of the most recent updates for Summerboard. Believe it or not, if you enable "Dim Wallpaper" in Summerboard you will encounter this issue in 1.1.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=kdbdallas;112038]just set everyone to be able to execute or even just set it to 777

It runs in the background when the app is closed.
    How did you install the app?
    Double check that in Settings you have it set to something besides manual.
    Also check the permissions on:
    /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.google.code.mobile-rss
    /usr/local/sbin/RSSDaemon
    QUOTE]

I previously installed it manually. So i unstalled it and use installer to install it again.
    Now it indeed works on the background. My mistake.
    Great App and realy like the red dot with new feeds.

sorry if i'm being a complete idiot here. but how do i actually install this application? do i have to add a special source and install it from there?

or is there manual action needed including setting permissions and all?

thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default kdbdallas : BUGS FOUND
    kdbdallas,

I hope you read this :

There are strange things going on. I installed manually 4 feeds.
    The first time i ran the app it shows all the feeds he found off course.
    I delete all the feeds. manually refresh and he found nothing. Perfect.
    The strange things began with the background loading of the new feeds:

1) It says 99 new feeds, so i look into the app.
    At my 3rd feedline it says 99 new ones. This new lines/feeds belongs to feed number 4 which i already deleted!!!??. Also the name of line 3 shows the same name of line 4. i delete everything again, refresh manually and the right name of line 3 is back???

2)i sorted the feeds different to test the bug.
    i cleared everything again and waited for the background refresh ( i set it to once an hour). Now it shows 20 new feeds. BUT WRONG.
    On line 2 it shows 15 new ones. When i open it shows all the lines which belong to feed 3!!!( Before sorting it was line 2)Beneath feed 3 i see the same right lines!!

My belief is that it only goes wrong with the background process and not when you do it manually. It reads already deleted feeds, shows feed at the wrong lines , mixed up lines/feeds .

Can i reset/clear something to start fresh??
    Please let me know!!

I'm still having the same similar issues..

Freezing up when deleting feeds.

Feeds listed under the wrong grouping.

Inability to touch on feeds because the App freezes...

Any thoughts or fixes?

okay, so i've quit being being a dumbass and got it installed without further problems. needless to say it's a great and highly anticipated application, thanks for your effort.

issues i noticed that might help you on:

- some feeds don't get downloaded completely. they just end with [...] halfway through and it's probably the client to blame as i don't experience this with any other rss readers. (examples: http://feeds.feedburner.com/Bildblog , http://feeds.feedburner.com/StefanNiggemeier )

- when trying to view one item of a feed that includes pictures, it seems that it kind of locks where the image loads and i can't scroll any further down to read on. (example: http://feeds.feedburner.com/typepad/SjVB )

thanks.

I can't wait for an update, my feeds get all mixed up and it starts titling them the same as others. For instance I added XboxScene and that took over 2 other feeds(nfl.com and hiphopsite) and its not always the same feed doing it because i've tried to add them multiple ways and one always seems to take over.

I love the program, I just can't wait to get a fix!!!

how can I add feed by editing some file and put it back to iPhone?

i have a long list of feed and it takes lots of times to enter it manually in iPhone. Please answer me. Thx

In version 2.1 the article margin extends well beyond the right-side page width, requiring horizontal scrolling. The previous version 2.0 did not have this problem. Can anyone assist?

In 2.1 version, in the main screen when I push over refresh all feeds to update all RSS, always app crash and close, and appears the dashboard.
    But if i refresh one by one all feeds, i have no problems with that.

I'm running 1.0.2 version on my iphone.

Anyone with this problem?

regards

I'm finding 2.1 to be more stable than the previous version, plus it's no longer cutting off the ends of articles for me.

Running 1.1.2 on my phone.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast