Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile-RSS

Works great for me !!!

Great work - I love V2! great step forward - looking towards future advances such as inlaid video/audio/pics with the feeds!

Keep up the excellent work!

Quote Originally Posted by musicpenguy View Post
    Works great for me !!!

Great work - I love V2! great step forward - looking towards future advances such as inlaid video/audio/pics with the feeds!

Keep up the excellent work!
    How did you get it to work? The .zip file is corrupted.

Thanks!

Its been working great for me - the file automatically unzipped for me and installed it on my iPhone. Not corrupt at all infact a very fast unzip once downloaded, what OS/program are you guys trying to unzip it with ?

I am hesitant to host the app, without the developers approval I could create a new zip for just the app alone, but don't want the developer to be angry - he has done so much great work on this app I want to respect what he has done so far for all of his work for turning the iPhone into a true platform. That I will not create a new download link until he would give the go ahead - but rest assured the zip file is not corrupt unless it is a problem with your own computer as it worked flawlessly and did not have to do any work arounds to get it working.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to musicpenguy For This Useful Post:

DaveiPhone (2007-11-23)

I've downloaded it multiple times under both MacOS 10.4.10 and Windows XPSP2 and it is most definitely corrupt, but apparently both the developer and musicpenguy are using Leopard, so that may be a clue as to why he was successful when so many others are having problems.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 2007-11-23 at 10:16 PM.

Default Fixed
    I have fixed the zip file.

Sorry about that.

got everything working.
    now you can read your feeds offline, which is the biggest feature for me in v2.0
    thanks so much
    Last edited by The Spirit; 2007-11-24 at 05:57 PM.

Its better than 1.4 (i think) which i started with, but the unread button is blocking the content. I must thank you! because i use it everyday. I hope theres a function to turn off read and unread so to not block the headlines. also the font select should be a dropdown menu since the slider always roundup anyway. Maybe its only me but theres an amount of lag when scrolling through all the headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by kdbdallas View Post
    I have fixed the zip file.

Sorry about that.
    Thanks kdbdallas,

Can I install this via Installer (pxl)?

pics from engadget's feed are shown. sweet. lol

still corrupt for me >

I love this update, but it's been a bit unstable for me. Primarily it seems to crash after deleting some feeds, but occasionally it will crash on refresh as well. And when it crashes, it's not just returning to the Springboard, it's rebooting the phone. Anyone else having that problem?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What advantages does this app offer over an online aggregator such as Google Reader (iPhone version) or Netvibes (iPhone version)?

I'm guessing the only advantage is this stores the content offline right? Anything else?

i just installed this with independence but everytiem i turn on the app it just shows the banner for like 10-20 seconds and then quits back to the springboard, whats wrong?

Well you get the feed refreshes in the background as a native app as well as the feeds stored on your on iphone instead of the web.

Suggestion:
    Option how many messages you want to download from each feed (10, 15, 20, etc.).

Nice app...Thanks!

Thanks

crashes for me also
    8GB iPhone 1.0.2 Unlocked - Revirginized - Then 1.1.1 Jailbroken and Unlocked (Gone Bad - Traded In)

8GB iPhone 1.1.1 OTB JB - Unlocked - Restored to 1.1.3 JB and Unlocked (SOLD)

16GB iPhone 1.1.4 OTB JB / Activated / Unlocked - With iPlus2.0b (Current)

5000 iPhone wallpapers click here]

I installed 2.0 manually and it works flawlessly.
    a truly excellent app that I am currently using more than 99% of the original apple apps!

Quote Originally Posted by lamonsas View Post
    i just installed this with independence but everytiem i turn on the app it just shows the banner for like 10-20 seconds and then quits back to the springboard, whats wrong?
    That is usually a permissions issue.
    Check the permissions or wait for it to show up in Installer.app (should be there on Monday) (The packaging guy has been gone for the holiday)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    I love this update, but it's been a bit unstable for me. Primarily it seems to crash after deleting some feeds, but occasionally it will crash on refresh as well. And when it crashes, it's not just returning to the Springboard, it's rebooting the phone. Anyone else having that problem?
    Really? ..... hmm....
    We haven't had that since the first beta version...

What feeds do you have added?
    Some unsupported feeds can cause this, but I have only been able to find 1 of those, so if you have found one then I can fix it.
    Last edited by kdbdallas; 2007-11-26 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kdbdallas For This Useful Post:

knickboy87 (2007-11-27)

thx for the reply, i know how to change the permisions of an APP using Fugo on my mac, what do the permisons need to be? i didnt check what they are now but tell me what they should be please.

I reinstalled the program and edited the feeds database on my Mac using SQLite. I haven't had the crashing problem since then.

One interface change I would humbly suggest: When a user clicks the refresh button, it would be more intuitive to have it respond by changing the refresh button to the busy animation gif instead of having that message appear at the bottom of the screen, where it's easily overlooked.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast