Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taskbar Notifier 0.9 Released

Unless someone wants to tell me step by step how to install this manually, when is it going to hit installer? LOL

-

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    you can download squid from installer and change permission that way
    yeah i tried that...but its doing what Finder is doing, its not saving my changes...

this is so gay, i guess i just have to wait till it gets on installer....

^Nice

So glad this new version is out been waiting for it!

On the note of the battery drain, I checked top to see how much CPU it is using and it was way down the list with launchd, HOWEVER it does seem to allocate itself 18.9M of RAM which seems a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    the 6 .png files are inside the springboard.app. what i did was install the entire app to the folder directed first on the phone, then open up the app using ssh, move the 6 files out of the app folder into the right one, and then delete the app folder. does that make sense? there may be an easier way but that was what i did...
    if you're on a mac, you can ctrl+click (right click) the springboard app and select "show package contents." the png's are inside there....drop them into the springboard app on your iphone.

fyi...you can do this with any application on your mac...kinda fun to see what's goin on in there sometimes. just don't mess with any of the files you find.
    "Beware the voice without a face."

did manual install

WORKS PERFECT !!!

thanks for this !

did manual install

WORKS PERFECT !!!

thanks for this !

did manual install

WORKS PERFECT !!!

thanks for this !

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not sure if this happens to anyone else, but has anyone else noticed that you have a phone icon in the top for missed calls?

I mean all the time unless you clear the list, not just acknowledge the missed call.

Other then that, I love this program.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    Not sure if this happens to anyone else, but has anyone else noticed that you have a phone icon in the top for missed calls?

I mean all the time unless you clear the list, not just acknowledge the missed call.

Other then that, I love this program.
    Mine is only showing the missed call icon while the springboard shows it, once its cleared from the phone icon on the springboard it goes away, same as the email and text message notices.

Can you perhaps double check the permissions? And after install did you give the phone a full restart and not sure restart the springboard?

ok, ive tried everything to set the permissions...nothing is letting me save the changes that i make...

finder, squid...i havent used SSH to do it yet cuz my router is broken...so no wifi in the house until i buy a new router...

does anyone know any other way to set the permissions?

^Nice

Why is 0.9 not on the installer yet? Update the sources already!!!!!

Thanks

Permission are correct and the phone has had a full power cycle.

Default Persistent Mail Icon
    I was able to put 0.9 on my iPhone manually with no problems. But I've noticed that the mail notifier is persistently showing, even when I have no new mail. I did have a couple of hidden email accounts that the notes said may cause the notifier to show, but I deleted them and it's still showing. Any ideas?

dave

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy5050 View Post
    I was able to put 0.9 on my iPhone manually with no problems. But I've noticed that the mail notifier is persistently showing, even when I have no new mail. I did have a couple of hidden email accounts that the notes said may cause the notifier to show, but I deleted them and it's still showing. Any ideas?

dave
    I fixed it! ;-) Turns out there must have been some old messages in those hidden accounts that were unread. The site says that may be a problem, but I assumed deleting those accounts would also delete those messages. Guess not. I used another app called iReadMail to mark all of my mail as read and from that point on, it worked correctly.
    Last edited by Stimpy5050; 2008-02-19 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 View Post
    ok, ive tried everything to set the permissions...nothing is letting me save the changes that i make...

finder, squid...i havent used SSH to do it yet cuz my router is broken...so no wifi in the house until i buy a new router...

does anyone know any other way to set the permissions?
    If you are on a Mac just create a new Airport Network (click Airport in toolbar and create new network), then connect your iPhone and SSH in that way. By far the best method.

J

any ideas when it'll be on installer.app? It's out for a few days now so why isn't it on installer yet?

seriously! anyone have a source it is on and we just dont no!?!? i cant do it manualy because when i unzip i get an error and it doesnt give me all the files

any ideas when it'll be on installer.app? It's out for a few days now so why isn't it on installer yet?

on the installer would be GREAT!...please?

Thanks

The instructions in the zip file are fine.

Hell the way it is setup you could Winscp into your phone and just drag all the files into the root (once you unzip it).

Anyone that has the problem where the phone icon stays on for missed calls even after acknowledging them the fix is simple.

ssh into the phone (or use terminal) and type

chown mobile /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.JC.SMST.plist

Reboot and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by defmute; 2008-02-20 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Just as an FYI, I had installed a sym link so that version 0.8 was working, when I installed 0.9 first, it was not working, so I restored my phone and jailbroke with ZiPhone. Than I again manually installed 0.9 and it worked fine.

So, if you have sym links set up so older apps will work with 1.1.3 and this app is not working, that may be the reason why.

but how do you UNDO symbolic links? I am NOT going to restore or something like that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast