Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] iAno - A Virtual Piano for the iPhone / Touch

Post [RELEASE] iAno - A Virtual Piano for the iPhone / Touch
    Hi. I've just released my first app, which ModMyIFone have kindly agreed to host for me!

"iAno" is a virtual piano native application for the iphone.
    Main features are:-
    - 4 Octaves, with a navigation system to move easily between them.
    - Uses real piano samples.
    - Multi-touch allows up to 5 keys to be pressed at once for complex chords.
    - Keys are animated so they look like they are being pressed.

For a quick overview, I recorded a demo of the app and posted it on YouTube here: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycIjt-ykWRo"]YouTube - iAno[/ame]

So far 6000 people have watched me play Chopsticks and Clocks from a distance of about 15cm!

For much more information on this, support, and future projects so my website here:-
    http://mister.aardvark.googlepages.com/iano

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister Aardvark For This Useful Post:

atlking (2008-02-18), sn0wballz (2008-02-13), tonydeli7 (2008-02-14)

i cant seem to get any sounds and i dont have sound effects option

This is AWESOME!!

We just had two guys here in my office using two separate phones playing "Heart and Soul"

Awesome stuff.

It looks like this won't launch inside of a category (BigBoss' Category app). No Big Deal though.
    Last edited by sn0wballz; 2008-02-13 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was going to play Heart And Soul for the video, but it was too clunky and didn't have the wow factor that Clocks seems to. It's that octave switch mid playing the bass that does it for me! Perhaps we need to employ people to press the octave buttons for us, as they sometimes have "page turners" for pianists. (I'm sure they are not actually called "page turners"!).

The other tune often mentioned (perhaps only by a certain age group) is "Axel F", which I was playing, but sounds wrong coming from a piano. Now you guys just wait till I release "iNth" (a sample-based synthesizer) and you get to play funky bass, pads and leads. Or... "The Tune from Close Encounters"! Can you _tell_ I'm no pianist. (If I was I'd know what those pesky page turners were called...)

But first I'm going to finish "iThm" (a drum pad). I've been working on that today and it shouldn't take too long to do given that the code is 99% the same as for iAno.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Aardvark For This Useful Post:

sn0wballz (2008-02-14)

Wow- it's awesome.

Great!! I would like to learn playing Clocks!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Aardvark View Post
    I was going to play Heart And Soul for the video, but it was too clunky and didn't have the wow factor that Clocks seems to. It's that octave switch mid playing the bass that does it for me! Perhaps we need to employ people to press the octave buttons for us, as they sometimes have "page turners" for pianists. (I'm sure they are not actually called "page turners"!).

The other tune often mentioned (perhaps only by a certain age group) is "Axel F", which I was playing, but sounds wrong coming from a piano. Now you guys just wait till I release "iNth" (a sample-based synthesizer) and you get to play funky bass, pads and leads. Or... "The Tune from Close Encounters"! Can you _tell_ I'm no pianist. (If I was I'd know what those pesky page turners were called...)

But first I'm going to finish "iThm" (a drum pad). I've been working on that today and it shouldn't take too long to do given that the code is 99% the same as for iAno.

A drum pad for iphone?!?! HAHA Nice!.. Right before I came in and read this thread, I just acutally created a thread in the request section for a drum pad for iphone.. You sir are a genius!

ive lil problems with multitouch on 1.1.3. low response time :/

Hmmm...

Does not seem to work on iPhone. (1.1.3 at least)

I cannot hear sound.
    Last edited by ferrell; 2008-02-14 at 01:48 AM.

app work great for me... thanks man
    Last edited by mke23e; 2008-02-14 at 01:54 AM. Reason: checked the faq and found my answer

haha, this thing is great!

i agree with the comment about the volume change. it's at a steady rate on my phone too and cannot be changed. however, it's a very cool app!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

so does the sound not work on1.1.3?

Sound works FINE on 1.1.3. I didn't have to change anything. Make sure the phone is not on VIBRATE. It's true that response time could be a bit better.

I have been having trouble with apps on my 1.1.3 otb after jailbreaking it. Nes emulator wouldnt show roms, guitar app wouldnt load up, and the piano app wouldnt play sound.... So I attempted to do the following,

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=32283

and what would you know..... whala...everything worked.

Not saying this will work for everyone, but it certainly worked for me. After doing this I did a hard reset and that was it.

Thanks

Any way to get this to launch from inside a Category sub-menu?

awsome app just installed it

I predict an iPhone band in the not too distant future....
    -Ben

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh0VX74alwk"]YouTube - iBand[/ame] There you go . The iBand!!

i luv it......
    one of the best apps for the iphone...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ive just restored my iPhone and wasnt aware of the rebranding of the app, but for those looking for it, its now called Pianist :-)
    Turimblar