Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard update + Server Lock Example

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Winterboard update + Server Lock Example
    A new update to Winterboard today included Server Lock Example.

What is it?
    Well Saudik has found a way of displaying text straight to your lock screen from his Server.

As it says it does not do a lot at the moment but it could be used for lots of exciting things. But we'll just have to wait to see what he's got in store.

What would you like it to be used for?

RSS news feeds, updates or important anouncments. I'm sure there's loads of interesting things it could be used for especially if a website were you signed in was imcorpetated

iPhoneCrazy

Dont update winterboard if you are running intelliscreen. It messed up my iphone and wont work anymore. Just turn it off or something.

Thanks

Thanks but don't use inteliscreen.

IphoneCrazy

Thanks

Anymore information on this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mayortheslayer View Post
    Dont update winterboard if you are running intelliscreen. It messed up my iphone and wont work anymore. Just turn it off or something.
    new winterboard works just fine with intelliscreen on my 3g with 2.0.2 fw

Thanks

Just checked Jays site and can't find anymore info there.

Quote Originally Posted by VPxPrettyBoy View Post
    new winterboard works just fine with intelliscreen on my 3g with 2.0.2 fw
    I figured out that the problem actually wasn't inteliscreen at all. Winterboard was the reason it stopped working. After i updated winterboard it would freeze everytime i rebooted the iphone in the lock screen.

I SSH'ed into the iphone while it was booting up and deleted the winterboard folder. It worked after that. I don't know whats wrong. My guess might be if you don't have internet connection while it boots up then it freezes in the lock screen. I dunno, im just guessing.

mine stop working after upgrading~~~

Thanks

Mine Didn't, but I have yet to activate that feature.

Had the exact same problem. Removing the Winterboard app and Intelliscreen didn't work for me tho, had to do a full restore to get it to work again.

in your launch daemons there is a back up that intelliscreen makes if you revert back to that you dont have to restore

The Server Lock Example could be really cool if we have the option to configure all it's pieces/parts ourselves via a template.

Obviously the new WinterBoard feature can be used in the future as a replacement of Intelliscreen. It's not surprising that there is some incompatibility, although it seems that some others have no problems
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Default Video wallpaper glitch
    I'm really excited about the new features of the Winterborad update... but theres a problem that i'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet.

If you use a video wallpaper with it, the phone will not go into sleep (auto-lock) mode... the screen will simply stay on until your battery is dead.
    Some of the guys have already started releasing some SWEET mp4 Vpapers for Winterboard, but if you install and use one, you'll have to remember to manually sleep your phone after everytime you use it. I really hope this issue is addressed quickly!
    BTW, using an html wallpaper still allows the phone to auto-lock.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    I'm really excited about the new features of the Winterborad update... but theres a problem that i'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet.

If you use a video wallpaper with it, the phone will not go into sleep (auto-lock) mode... the screen will simply stay on until your battery is dead.
    Some of the guys have already started releasing some SWEET mp4 Vpapers for Winterboard, but if you install and use one, you'll have to remember to manually sleep your phone after everytime you use it. I really hope this issue is addressed quickly!
    BTW, using an html wallpaper still allows the phone to auto-lock.
    WOW, i think thats what happen to my iphone to day, i just installed it and added v-wallpaper then handed it to my home girl so she can use the net then when she gave it back it was nearly dead. she used it b4 with out the v-paper and batt never died so fast. yea she said it never turn off i guess she ment never went to sleep.

the new winterboard use its own library, call mobilesubxxxxx, cant remember the name...

and it doesnt work with intelliscreen. if u already installed intelliscreen, and update winterboard, probably u will have a frozen boot up image when u rebbot ur iphone later.

so far, the solution is SSH into ur iphone. edit the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist.

Delete the :/Library/MobileSubstrate/MobileSubstrate.dylib.

after that, u will find,the new version winterboard will not work anymore. not surprised..

so, download a old version winterboard, the one without Server Lock Example. put it into /Applications. thats it...

not sure, it is the best way to fix it, but both of intelliscreen and winterboard work at least. sori 4 my bad eng...

I've got both Intelliscreen and the latest version of Winterboard + Mobile Substrate installed and my iPhone is working fine. I've never enabled the Server Lock example so perhaps that has something to do with it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, mine initially froze up too, however, I gave it a couple extra minutes to boot up and it finally did. I've had no further issues with it since then either.

Ive just noticed also that with this mornigs update, Kate's facelift now works in unison with winterboard!

excellent news!

Thanks

winterboard + FW 2.0.2 JB on 3g iphone are 200% compatible

I am going to write to the Queen about giving Jay a knighthood.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast