Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] WbApp v0.54

Default [RELEASE] WbApp v0.54
    Introducing WbApp v0.54, now with; Active themes, User settings and +Patch. See screenshots below.

Here's the Patch Info panel and the update panel:

Here's the WbApp Info panel:

Here's the first Prefs panel:

Here's the second Prefs panel:

Other WbApp screenshots:

Notes:
    Will be released tonight on Cydia, no direct download. Thanks to all for your encouraging words... I can't wait to see what I add to it next!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

Tanmay (2008-08-30)

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Woot! WOOT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice one I'll be checking Cydia every 5 mins.

App looks great thanks forcall the hard work you've put into it I'm sure it will be apreciated by lots of people.

Thanks again
    IphoneCrazy

Thanks

Aww S^$t...Right on bro. Great Job, It's crazy how the iphone can make me a addict. Everyday there's somthing new and amazing for this contraption. Gotta love it, I just wish i knew how do code and create software. Keep up the amazing Work that you do oh so well.

I'm thinking ThemeSets....

i dont quite get what +patch is. what does it do?

I thought it was going to be released last night?

I installed / updated this from Cydia not long ago and it reported the following errors ...

It is not available to re-download when I check Cydia again.

Any idea on the problem and how to sort it ?

you dont see it ? i see the upgrade in Cydia.

Me too i dont quite get when +patch is for , it is so confusing :S

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    you dont see it ? i see the upgrade in Cydia.
    After second attempt it finally showed up when I did a search , but unfortunately still returns the 2 error screens listed in my previous post and therefore unusuable

I installed this fresh from Cydia (never had any previous versions) and I don't get an icon for it. I see it in Boss Prefs, I can see the icon in the WbApp.app folder via MobileFinder but I just don't get the icon for it on the Springboard so I can actually run it.

Installed today... I had to do a search for it on Cydia but everything seems to be working fine...

thanks

Got it installed. Looks good!

It appears that the +Patch is used to assign one icon to another program. For instance if Cycorder does not have an icon in the set you are working with you can assign iPhone Video Recorders icon. Also some icon sets have bad app names for icons so if the icon in the set is cycorder instead of Cycorder you can "patch" the icon name to fix it and allow it to work with whatever app you assign it to.

I have gotten it to work to replace an icon assigning another but only if the set does not have one for it already. If the set has one it just leaves the original icon alone.

Correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by birdtales; 2008-08-28 at 01:01 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to birdtales For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2008-08-28)

Thanks

Pretty sure you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by birdtales View Post
    Got it installed. Looks good!

It appears that the +Patch is used to assign one icon to another program. For instance if Cycorder does not have an icon in the set you are working with you can assign iPhone Video Recorders icon. Also some icon sets have bad app names for icons so if the icon in the set is cycorder instead of Cycorder you can "patch" the icon name to fix it and allow it to work with whatever app you assign it to.

I have gotten it to work to replace an icon assigning another but only if the set does not have one for it already. If the set has one it just leaves the original icon alone.

Correct me if I am wrong.
    100% correct at the very minimum it is very handy for patching SMB (and even new WinterBoard) themes to have a WinterBoard icon and then a WbApp icon.

Edit: Sorry for the install troubles, I messed up a file for pf but he fixed it for me so all is well.
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-08-28 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Edit: Sorry for the install troubles, I messed up a file for pf but he fixed it for me so all is well.
    I am still getting the ..

"subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 126"

after removing WbApp completely , even all the folders

CyberGreg can you tell me how to get it sorted plz ?

Quote Originally Posted by plasma.d00d View Post
    I am still getting the ..

"subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 126"

after removing WbApp completely , even all the folders

CyberGreg can you tell me how to get it sorted plz ?
    Hmm sorry... you've uninstalled it using Cydia, rebooted and then tried to reinstall w/Cydia? Can you try the above but then refresh the list before you reinstall WbApp?

Thanks

Help me jesus! I am addicted!!!

v0.56 w/themesets....

Still in testing but looks very good, almost ready....
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2008-08-28 at 09:55 PM. Reason: fixed image link

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Hmm sorry... you've uninstalled it using Cydia, rebooted and then tried to reinstall w/Cydia? Can you try the above but then refresh the list before you reinstall WbApp?
    Uninstalled via Cydia - Yes

Refresh the list before you reinstall WbApp - WbApp shows up under 14th August date

Rebooted and then reinstalled w/Cydia - Yes

As soon as it has installed , I get the ...

"1 Half-installed Package" error

I choose to "Ignore (Temporary)"

WbApp icon shows on springboard (its black just like the "Home" iPhone button)

I reboot iPhone...

WbApp icon is now a "Summerboard" icon ?

What is the icon change all about ?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by plasma.d00d View Post
    What is the icon change all about ?

cheers
    The icky looking snowflake over the old SMBPrefs icon is the new WbApp icon included in the package. If you patch a theme and there is NO WinterBoard icon but it finds an SMBPrefs icon, it will copy that icon for both WinterBoard and for WbApp. So, if that's what you did , then WbApp is working, if not then I'd say there's something wrong ON your device. I have no idea what it could be . There have been a tad more than 11,000 installs of version 54-1 (the fixed one) and 131 of the messed up packaged. Other than the problems posted here, no one has emailed with any install problems. I tested the install on all three of my devices and it worked fine, I know that doesn't help, it's just reassurance.

Can you ssh into your device? You can skip this version and I can have you install the new version with themesets, if you'd like. OR just wait another day or so, I'm almost done with testing and documentation of version 0.57 (themesets are flippin' sweet... )

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

plasma.d00d (2008-08-29)

I really like the patching idea of this app. I have some large icon sets that one icon can be used in place of a missing one however I wonder if you could make that process a bit easier.

Since I have little artistic ability to make my own icons, I SSH into the phone, pick an icon that looks like it would be fairly representative of the app I installed with no icon in my set. Copy and paste the icon to the name of the iconless app and presto it works for the new app.

With WbApp I still have to SSH in to see (visually) the icons to pick, find the name of the one I want write it down, open WbApp and do the patch. Works but if I am already SSH'd in I might as well do my method.

So is there a way to display the icons in a particular set and pick, then have it load that name into the source box in the +patch dialog? Of course that could also mean +patch files for each theme instead of one encompassing all of them not sure.

Perhaps I am trying to use the App for something you did not intend it to be used for but it sure would be nice to be able to patch in a pretty icon on the go for an app I download from the AppStore while I'm away from my PC. I have done this with MobileFinder doing what I said above but again it's clunky as you can only view one icon at a time.

No matter I like the concept and implementation of this App and look forward to your updates.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to birdtales For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2008-08-29)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast