Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder

love the app keep up the GREAT work....

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    Very, very very very soon ;P. I lost some time in there dealing with the Five Icon Dock issues (Kate deciding to be incompatible), ZodTTD's repository being down (forcing a new release of Cydia that better handled timeouts on servers), and coordinating a bunch of new packages from various developers that are starting to use MobileSubstrate (which is less obvious to see my time getting dumped into, but its definitely happening). I /did/ say "probably" within a week, I don't think two is that bad considering all else I do that's iPhone related. Again, though, its going to be coming out incredibly soon.

Any last minute requests, btw? (Something that seems fast, like a little tweak to the UI in some way, obviously not a major feature.) Example: poetic_folly mentioned to me that it was difficult to tell if you were in recording mode or not, given that the only difference is a tiny little change to a button. So, I switched back to the old button layout (which no one but me got to see) back from before I tried to submit Cycorder to the App Store. The buttons A) look awesome now and B) show you with good color what modes you are in. Maybe suggestions for the top bar?
    being able to start/stop recording by pressing the louder buttons on the side of the iphone. Thats much easier to press than a button on the side on the touch screen and feels more camera like

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    is an option to send to email or youtube to big.?
    im all for that too
    Turimblar

Thanks

Great work saurik keep it up M8!!!

By the way...I just discovered you can run it in background!! When you press record, nd press the Home button, it'll continue recording, there even is a badge saying REC...very cool and handy when you need something real quick, but want to continue recording

One tiny request...Can you make it possible to record the phone's sounds aswell, when you add audio..That way we can record a video, open iPod.app and play a music file and record that with the movie..Like a soundtrack...That wasn't/isn't possible with IVR....I think that would be very cool, and will blow IVR to dust, that and the excellent video quality
    And excellent work with everything ofcourse (Cydia, CyCorder,Winterboard,5IconDock etc...)

Maybe suggestions for the top bar?
    First off awesome app, and here's a few suggestions for the top bar.

Remove it all together and and move the time stamp on the recording bar or somewhere else.

But that top bar is definitely kinda ugly makes the screen that much smaller, since the ad's are there AND the top bar.

So yea, just remove that top bar and place the time stamp somewhere else.

PS a few requests which are probably too big

email/youtube option
    renaming of the video files

or maybe even putting the bottom recording bar horizontal on the bottom of the screen.

what do you think?

I'm kind of regretting buying IVR. Thought we would have had some kind of update by now. Havent heard a peep from them in 2 weeks. Oh well. I have made a small donation to Saurik for his kick *** work. At least we get results from him.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you for the update saurik. and all i need is sound cycorder is amazing and thank you for you amazing work on cydia cycorder 5 icon dock winterboard ex. thanks looking forward to the update

Quote Originally Posted by kojirovn View Post
    Each clip has own image preview so I don't think the rename function is necessary. However, that's your request to saurik then depend on him.

I agree w/jee27

(sorry for my bad English)
    Yeah the thumbnail helps, but when I take a few vids at the same location then they all pretty much start to share the same thumbnail, which is why I'd like a rename tool.

I've recorded some instructional steps at my dance class, and the thumbnails are just feet, all 12 of them have the same 2 feet centered in the shot, lol. It'd be great to rename them, "Rock Step" "Open Break" "Closed Hesitation" and so on

10. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (2008-09-07)

Very, very very very soon ;P. I lost some time in there dealing with the Five Icon Dock issues (Kate deciding to be incompatible), ZodTTD's repository being down (forcing a new release of Cydia that better handled timeouts on servers), and coordinating a bunch of new packages from various developers that are starting to use MobileSubstrate (which is less obvious to see my time getting dumped into, but its definitely happening). I /did/ say "probably" within a week, I don't think two is that bad considering all else I do that's iPhone related. Again, though, its going to be coming out incredibly soon.

Any last minute requests, btw? (Something that seems fast, like a little tweak to the UI in some way, obviously not a major feature.) Example: poetic_folly mentioned to me that it was difficult to tell if you were in recording mode or not, given that the only difference is a tiny little change to a button. So, I switched back to the old button layout (which no one but me got to see) back from before I tried to submit Cycorder to the App Store. The buttons A) look awesome now and B) show you with good color what modes you are in. Maybe suggestions for the top bar?
    Hello Saurik,

Just one request:

- Record in portrait mode and the playback would be in landscape mode, for me its more easy and confortable to record in portrait.

And could be very helpful to start recording by pressing the volume buttons.

Great work!!! =)

P.S. how much is gonna be?

also a quick fix of th ui bugs. like when your recording then you press home button then open the app back up and the iphones top bar is overlaping everything. also when playback of the video make it so that either the video playback buttons are moved down so its not under the iphones status bar or whatever its called. the best would be to remove the iphones status bar al together. also with the MB and all that you should put it next to the recording button so that there isnt another bar altogether. awesome app. thanks

Default Removing Top Cycorder Bar
    Quote Originally Posted by granka View Post
    First off awesome app, and here's a few suggestions for the top bar.

Remove it all together and and move the time stamp on the recording bar or somewhere else.

But that top bar is definitely kinda ugly makes the screen that much smaller, since the ad's are there AND the top bar.

So yea, just remove that top bar and place the time stamp somewhere else.

PS a few requests which are probably too big

email/youtube option
    renaming of the video files

or maybe even putting the bottom recording bar horizontal on the bottom of the screen.

what do you think?
    Removing the top bar doesn't really help. I specifically chose the resolution that it was recording at first. This resolution is the largest resolution that fits on the iPhone's screen while also having each dimension be a multiple of 32 (a requirement for any future attempts to mpeg4 encode the video) and having the aspect ratio be 4x3 (the standard aspect ratio you'd want to record to for television, the iPhone's screen is 3x2).

I seriously /first/ chose that resolution and /then/ figured out something to do with the wasted space. The first thing I added was that top bar. I didn't have /anything/ to put on the left. If you look at the screenshots I submitted to Apple for the App Store you can see this gap:

http://test.saurik.com/cycorder/IMG_0003.PNG

When I later ran across AdMob (the ad provider I'm using) and found out that their advertisement perfectly fit that black gap I was overjoyed that it all worked out so well.

So no, while I can erase all the text there, removing the top bar simply isn't an option: it would destroy both the aspect ratio and the subdimensions of the video (unless the idea is to stretch the preview, which A) lowers its quality and B) would use more CPU power; or the idea were to clip the preview, which means it isn't really a preview anymore).

As for the other mentioned features (email and renaming) they were both too big for today as they would each have required a per-video interface, which I don't have yet (but is going to be the big add for the next version of Cycorder).

Finally, moving the recording bar to the bottom of the screen would make it harder to hit the buttons on it and there isn't really enough room for it (without again damaging the wonderfully carefully chosen aspect ratios of the video).

Quote Originally Posted by matt.superman View Post
    also a quick fix of th ui bugs. like when your recording then you press home button then open the app back up and the iphones top bar is overlaping everything. also when playback of the video make it so that either the video playback buttons are moved down so its not under the iphones status bar or whatever its called. the best would be to remove the iphones status bar al together. also with the MB and all that you should put it next to the recording button so that there isnt another bar altogether. awesome app. thanks
    I agree. I have tried about five different methods of removing the status bar, and none of them seem to take effect when your program is resumed from having been suspended by the menu button. Its really infuriating that that bar appears :(. I am going to stare at it more for the post-audio next version.

As for the top bar, please read the comments in my previous post, although I have a few more: moving that information to the bar on the right doesn't really make sense as there isn't enough horizontal room there to read those numbers. It would require actually changing how the information was presented to allow it to fit in the narrower space on the right (space that I already have allocated in future versions for two more buttons, btw, so the idea is out anyway ;P).
    Last edited by saurik; 2008-09-05 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2008-09-05), kojirovn (2008-09-05), NetMage (2008-09-12)

Record in portrait mode option would definitely be nice! Maybe use the accelerometer to sense which way the phone is held and if it's in portrait, once it's recording, keep it in portrait the whole time (even if it's later turned), and vice versa for landscape.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, I second that. That would be awesome if we had that...

Default Cycorder Audio Mixing
    Quote Originally Posted by ASNNetworks View Post
    By the way...I just discovered you can run it in background!! When you press record, nd press the Home button, it'll continue recording, there even is a badge saying REC...very cool and handy when you need something real quick, but want to continue recording:D:D

One tiny request...Can you make it possible to record the phone's sounds aswell, when you add audio..That way we can record a video, open iPod.app and play a music file and record that with the movie..Like a soundtrack...That wasn't/isn't possible with IVR....I think that would be very cool, and will blow IVR to dust, that and the excellent video quality:D
    And excellent work with everything ofcourse;) (Cydia, CyCorder,Winterboard,5IconDock etc...)
    So I can't actually get access to the output audio channel from the device to do what you are asking. However, there might (might) be enough CPU time etc. available to do some audio mixing inside of Cycorder: like, have a panel of sounds be able to come out that you could add to your video recording. I am not certain if I will ever get to that feature, but I've added it to the list of things to consider ;P.

Quote Originally Posted by pj_rage View Post
    Record in portrait mode option would definitely be nice! Maybe use the accelerometer to sense which way the phone is held and if it's in portrait, once it's recording, keep it in portrait the whole time (even if it's later turned), and vice versa for landscape.
    This feature will /definitely/ be in one of the next two post-audio versions of Cycorder. This is actually something I've been wanting for a while. I originally had it recording in portrait, but then switched to landscape for various compatibility reasons. You are going to be seeing A) auto-rotate portrait recording and B) some quality/resolution options available in a settings area. (The next version, though, is going to concentrate on things you can do with your videos.)
    Last edited by saurik; 2008-09-05 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2008-09-05), hartphoto (2008-09-05), kojirovn (2008-09-05), NetMage (2008-09-12), phoenix.stu (2008-09-05), t4t5 (2008-09-05)

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

thanks for the audio love ya
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

There is now sound on cycorder and it is awesome!!! Its on cydia now folks!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the awesome app!! Thanks for the sound!! You rock man!!

I checks the cydia everyday, just for the audio. Now it's on. Thanks so much saurik for great appl. I gonna to donate you, not much but that's my appreciate the value of your products and service.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just upgraded...Works GREAT!! Thanks
    iphoneaddcitmmiqd4

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast