Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder

Just another guy willing to pay for this app! definately need a easier way to get video off iphone but i am sure thats to come in later releases. awesome work and you are definately blowing the other apps out of the water!

I would say some compression is surely needed. It will be difficult to upload file sizes that large. The quality is outstanding BTW and will certainly pay for this app.. THANK YOU!

saurik are you planning to use the Max resolution of iphone screen ? in iphonevideorecord3g they have option to have the maximum resolution. Hope you will add also

Cant wait the version with sound , you app is awesome keep it up you hard work

start rant...

I'm honestly so tired of pay for apps!!!!

between the appstore and cydia, its easy to rack up almost $100 dollars worth of apps in just 5 APPS!!!

$10 for this, $20 for that etc....then these don't even work after a new firmware upgrade, this is ********.

this is just crazy, what happened to the hacker community this is supposed to be?

We can't even talk about cracking apps/torrents or warez cause thats been deemed "taboo"!!! Screw you Fascit moderators saying we can talk about craking this, but we can't talk about cracking that....sheit...this is MODmyifone, isn't it?

end rant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike1114 View Post
    start rant...

between the appstore and cydia, its easy to rack up almost $100 dollars worth of apps in just 5 APPS!!!

$10 for this, $20 for that etc....then these don't even work after a new firmware upgrade, this is ********.

this is just crazy, what happened to the hacker community this is supposed to be?

We can't even talk about cracking apps/torrents or warez cause thats been deemed "taboo"!!! Screw you Fascit moderators saying we can talk about craking this, but we can't talk about cracking that....sheit...this is MODmyifone, isn't it?

end rant.

GET DOWN FROM THAT HIGH HORSE YOUR SITTING ON

your an idiot.

if you worked as a bricklayer, and laid 1000 bricks for Joe Bloggs, would you do it for free?

If you were a cleaner, would you clean the white house for free?

This site is for modding your iphone, your right, and it does just that.

The reason warez and the cracking of apps is taboo here is because it is wrong. fullstop. it's taking someones time and effort and distributing it for free. $0.00. Noone i know works for $0.00 so why should devs.

If your that heat up about it, use google and crack the apps with your tight, cobweb in your wallet buddies.

OR

start developing your own versions of these apps and distribute them for free.....
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

dale1v (2008-08-25)

Quote Originally Posted by mike1114 View Post
    start rant...

end rant.
    Mike stop being an @sshole.

Saurik no offence but you're my hero! Keep up your great work. You made a lot of people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by chilman415 View Post
    Sorry...I usually just a lurker but I had to reply here cuz this makes no sense. WTF??

Has Snapture been cracked already? What is the point you're trying to make here?
    I think (well, hope) that you quoted me erroneously. The irony is of course, you're saying 'WTF lulz' to my post regarding Snapture when the word 'Snapture' isn't even in my post. Or 'ture' or 'snap' for that matter.

In all honesty I do have cracked software on my computer system I have yet to add anything hacked to my iphone for 2 reasons.

1. For the amount of money its really not worth the time
    2. It seems that alot of software for sale also have free of limited use that fits my needs.

On top of all this is the idea behind warez, in my day it wasnt there to screw the little guy it was against the larger corps with the 500 to 600 apps. If you really want to screw someone screw apple they are the ones that put out a expensive product that lacked the most basic applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Adplaya View Post
    Whats stopping you from an AppStore release? I thought you followed all their rules.

Haven't been following the scene that much but hasn't apple forbiden devs to make use of the iPhone's cam for app? or something like that?

The other reason is that they want to release their own version. Stupid apple they can't do things by themselves and when 3rd party devs want to do things they don't allow them lol. Still love my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    hasn't apple forbiden devs to make use of the iPhone's cam for app?
    I'm guessing you're off since the Facebook app has camera support built in. And I don't imagine FB trying to sneak around Apple's guidelines.

But I could be wrong...just an educated guess based on what I'm seeing out there.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Default Cycorder Does Compress
    Quote Originally Posted by bschucher View Post
    I would say some compression is surely needed. It will be difficult to upload file sizes that large. The quality is outstanding BTW and will certainly pay for this app.. THANK YOU!
    Cydia uses MJPEG compression, the same compression used by most point-and-shoot digital cameras that also happen to do video. This is the quality/size tradeoff that most people who are avid amateur video takers are used to, and is the reason I went this route.

IVR uses a much higher compression that was designed for very different purposes, which yields its very poor quality results: bad color balance, doesn't handle lighting changes, terribly grainy picture.

I am going to look into ways of providing a slider to control the quality level of the MJPEG result, but I'm not certain I'll be able to as I'm kind of at the whim of Apple's JPEG hardware (which might not be controllable in that way).

Its unfortunate but true that there is a rather strong correlation between filesize and quality ;P. To give you an example, though, Showtime (another video recorder from 1.x) did /no/ compression and had 4MB/s, which is obviously /much/ higher than what you are getting with Cycorder (more like 0.4MB/s or even less).

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    saurik are you planning to use the Max resolution of iphone screen ? in iphonevideorecord3g they have option to have the maximum resolution. Hope you will add also

Cant wait the version with sound , you app is awesome keep it up you hard work
    You can actually record resolutions higher than that (320x416, what IVR calls "Max picture size"). I will likely have resolution controls in a future release that will let you set this.

(The reason I chose the resolution I did, btw, was very deliberate: it is the right aspect ratio for showing on a television and has the right subdimensions that you can compress it with MPEG4 (one of the best general compression algorithms) for later putting onto, for example, a DVD.)

The reason IVR tells you that's the "max picture size" is that they aren't actually using the camera: they are taking screenshots of the screen very rapidly after having put up the Apple camera preview window. This means that they are fundamentally limited in the size of the picture they can take to the size of the picture that can be shown on the screen during a camera preview.

The fact that Cycorder is directly using the Camera system on the phone rather than pulling this trick is what separates Cycorder from all of the other entries into this space.
    Last edited by saurik; 2008-08-25 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

davwin (2008-08-26), kojirovn (2008-08-27)

Saurik, I had previously mentioned that I wouldn't pay any more than $7.99 for your app if not on the appstore, but the more you post, the more I would feel comfortable supporting you with whatever price you put on your products. You make it clear that you are a top notch programmer who is putting in the time and effort to make top quality products. And the fact that you are actively participating in threads on numerous forums, answering questions and being generally helpful really shows that your level of support is up there as well. Can't wait until you get out an "official" cycorder version that we can purchase! In the mean time, keep up the good work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    If your that heat up about it, use google and crack the apps with your tight, cobweb in your wallet buddies.
    lmfao.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cycorder is gonna be raw

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    Cycorder is gonna be raw
    wtf ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    wtf ?
    He's excited about the application and thinks it's gonna be great.

P.S. Count me as another MMi user waiting in line to pay for this badboy...engaging your customers in such a dynamic fashion is going to keep reaping rewards for you. I'm a LOT more comfortable spending $$$ on a JB app when the dev is responsive to customer concerns and requests. The compression write-up alone exponentially exceeds what other video camera devs are offering their public - keep it up!
    Last edited by jwcrash; 2008-08-26 at 01:22 AM.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

so when do u think there will be a update with sound?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    wtf ?
    I posted that to make this thread bypass the ivr...
    i know it was random...
    but i'm tryna make ppl forget about ivr, just like they did "noShow"

Once the sound for this app comes out it's gonna be the best so far

Quote Originally Posted by theyounghustla View Post
    i posted that to make this thread bypass the ivr...
    I know it was random...
    But i'm tryna make ppl forget about ivr, just like they did "noshow"

once the sound for this app comes out it's gonna be the best so far
    qft

Saurik, you mentioned that Cycorder was pretty much the same for 1.1.4.

Will you be releasing it for 1.1.4 as well?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast