Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder

Quote Originally Posted by Adplaya View Post
    He's not an idiot. And you have a lot to learn about these "leechers". It doesnt matter if an app is .99 or 5.00 the leechers will leach. The people who want to pay will pay, and those who dont will undoubtingly find it for free. Being optimistic when money is involved just doesnt work.

Prime Example: iPhone Video Recorder was out a for 3 days and was cracked. His price? A mere 7.99. Now you think that Cycorder is going to attract leachers to change their ways?

I'm sorry if i seem hostile or anything, im just trying to be realistic.
    If you're going to be realistic, how about you get your facts right?

IVR is 19.95.

Good job backing up your point, lol?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post

IVR is 19.95.

haha
    yea dude was tryna be sarcastic too and didn't even know wtf he was talkin bout

Thumbs down $12.99 Discount for Adplaya?
    iPhone Video Recorder was out a for 3 days and was cracked. His price? A mere 7.99.
    Huh?
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Thanks

Aren't you all forgetting about uShow?

lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Aren't you all forgetting about uShow?

lol
    lol, let's not give DnB any attention ... please ....

2 price points, one basic that is so cheap that it's not worth the effort to pirate it, and one for people who are really wanting to buy the product in the first place.

x999x has said exactly what i was trying to say.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

where is this app? i can't find it

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    If you are talking about Cycorder, it's in the "featured" section in Cydia, at the top. You could also search for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pj_rage View Post
    If you are talking about Cycorder, it's in the "featured" section in Cydia, at the top. You could also search for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    If you can't find it in "Featured" or in "Changes", then it'll be because you either have an earlier firmware version (1.1.4 or below) OR you databases aren't refreshing (doubtful).

You need 2.0 or higher to be able to install and run Cycorder.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

that's what i needed to know. i'm on 1.1.4. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post

IVR is 19.95.

The example i was trying for was Snapture, which is 7.99. My apologies for mixing that up. SnaptureLabs - Purchase

It is the only app of its kind, and yet still it falls short to act as a mediator for the leechers. The price in the long run matters, but it also matters how you market your product. Dreamcatcher's IVR is sub par and his asking price is just ridiculous. He has a bad product, a bad price, and thus a bad response.

saurik is a household name when it comes to the jailbreaking community. His marketing could be abysmal, but his product will still get out there. The reason being is his reputation as a person and as a producer. He really doesnt need to worry to much about that part of the game. He has a good product, a (?) price, and a (?) response.

BUT

One reference to someone who was a novice and had to worry about getting his product out there. Intelliscreen. Marketing on point, price ranges on point, and update support on point. The premium license (which i have) for intelliscreen is at 19.99. It is pricey no doubt, but his reasoning behind the price is what catches you. The other 4.99 version is much CHEAPER BY COMPARISON, which grabs the consumers attention. BTW I know it says "No Support", but the updates are based on complaints from all buyers. One thing about this setup that made his marketing so unbelievable is it was a free [BETA] for such a long time that people already knew about it, and he got an entire board of free beta testers. Marketing 80% complete. Other 20%, word of mouth. So, saurik if you do want to sell Cycorder, just for kicks you might want to check out the Intelliborn setup.
    Intelliscreen Purchase Page
    Intelliborn
    I'm done.
    Last edited by Adplaya; 2008-08-24 at 07:16 PM.

Hey Saurik I love your stuff, I was always an advocator of Cydia whilst other noobs bitched that they didn't like it for stupid reasons that it doesn't look ncie enough even thought it looks highly polished. I am very happy to hear this news, I am almost ready to move to 2.0, just need a decent version of customize, text reader, ixboxlive, and a few other less important ones, and for worries like network reception and sluggish 2.0 issues to be fixed. I paid for iPhoneVideoRecorder and whilst it was a very good app at the time and I got plenty of use out of it, way more than enough to justify the $30 (no I'm not kidding they charged me an extra 5 or $10 becuase I live in the UK) but that sort of prcie is not one I'm keen to pay again. Ever.

Glad to hear the quality is so good, well done

One question: Will the FPS ever be higher than 15? Just out of interest because I occasionally record the screen with that (for things like video games) and it can appear a little laggy although not too much. The guy that made IVR never would answer if they would make it more than 15fps but I guessed not as they themselves said it wasn't actually taking video, just making a video out of screenshots. As you say yours records direct from the camera, is there a chance the FPS will ever be increased? Thanks.

Default Camera Maximum FPS
    Quote Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
    One question: Will the FPS ever be higher than 15? Just out of interest because I occasionally record the screen with that (for things like video games) and it can appear a little laggy although not too much. The guy that made IVR never would answer if they would make it more than 15fps but I guessed not as they themselves said it wasn't actually taking video, just making a video out of screenshots. As you say yours records direct from the camera, is there a chance the FPS will ever be increased? Thanks.
    The camera's fundamental framerate is, unfortunately, 15fps /at maximum/. For more details read the Cycorder FAQ which is on the Cycorder package details page in Cydia.

One reference to someone who was a novice and had to worry about getting his product out there. Intelliscreen. Marketing on point, price ranges on point, and update support on point. The premium license (which i have) for intelliscreen is at 19.99. It is pricey no doubt, but his reasoning behind the price is what catches you. The other 4.99 version is much CHEAPER BY COMPARISON, which grabs the consumers attention. BTW I know it says "No Support", but the updates are based on complaints from all buyers. One thing about this setup that made his marketing so unbelievable is it was a free [BETA] for such a long time that people already knew about it, and he got an entire board of free beta testers. Marketing 80% complete. Other 20%, word of mouth. So, saurik if you do want to sell Cycorder, just for kicks you might want to check out the Intelliborn setup.
    Intelliborn
    I'm done.
    I will certainly check this out, thanks for the pointer! ;P
    Last edited by saurik; 2008-08-24 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
    Hey Saurik I love your stuff, I was always an advocator of Cydia whilst other noobs bitched that they didn't like it for stupid reasons that it doesn't look ncie enough even thought it looks highly polished. I am very happy to hear this news, I am almost ready to move to 2.0, just need a decent version of customize, text reader, ixboxlive, and a few other less important ones, and for worries like network reception and sluggish 2.0 issues to be fixed. I paid for iPhoneVideoRecorder and whilst it was a very good app at the time and I got plenty of use out of it, way more than enough to justify the $30 (no I'm not kidding they charged me an extra 5 or $10 becuase I live in the UK) but that sort of prcie is not one I'm keen to pay again. Ever.

Glad to hear the quality is so good, well done

Sorry...I usually just a lurker but I had to reply here cuz this makes no sense. WTF??

Has Snapture been cracked already? What is the point you're trying to make here?

Thanks

Thanks saurik for the Cycorder.....I see it as a work in progress, Keep up the good work!!

I would gladly pay for this app 4.99 sounds amazing. But I wouldn't mind paying 9.99 if you fix that ugly *** interface(no offense). Make the interface more iPhone/Apple like and add sound of course. I will be first in line to buy it when its complete.

Good job quality is amazing. Ipvr sucks btw and DnB is a tool for taking so much time when you come out with the best solution in 10th of the time.

The example i was trying for was Snapture, which is 7.99. My apologies for mixing that up. SnaptureLabs - Purchase

It is the only app of its kind, and yet still it falls short to act as a mediator for the leechers. The price in the long run matters, but it also matters how you market your product. Dreamcatcher's IVR is sub par and his asking price is just ridiculous. He has a bad product, a bad price, and thus a bad response.

saurik is a household name when it comes to the jailbreaking community. His marketing could be abysmal, but his product will still get out there. The reason being is his reputation as a person and as a producer. He really doesnt need to worry to much about that part of the game. He has a good product, a (?) price, and a (?) response.

BUT

Intelliborn
    I'm done.
    Intelliscreen has been K'd, but thanks to the frequent updates it receives, its almost more trouble than its worth to use outside of actually buying it. This, for all intents and purposes, is a good thing for the author. Also, don't forget that the same group of beta testers that had a go with Intelliscreen were also the same people moaning about the official launch prices, and were up in arms at only receiving a 5 dollar discount if you used the "Beta" code word at purchase. There were pages of ranting posts, and eventually everyone just had to suck eggs and deal with it.

I think you need to step back and look at things subjectively rather than letting your loyalties dictate how you interpret the supply and demand market works. Household name or not, the people that post here and know the scene don't make up the scene itself, we are still a small portion of the pie that is jailbreaking. For every person that has jailbroken their own phone, they've also jailbroken someone else's who knows nothing about the scene.

Simply put, the point we were after has gotten lost, we are simply talking about offering an application at pricepoints that would appeal to a broader margin of consumers to blanket the community and effectively lessen the blow of the eventual hacks, cracks and patched versions that will follow. Theres no wrong or right here, and all we can do is offer Saurik our opinions on the matter, of which he'll do what he decides is in his own best interests anyway.

:P

17. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (2008-09-07)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I've spent some time with both Cycorder and the 3g video app. I have the results.

No matter what it costs, crap is crap and good is good. What we have here is a free app with the best video ever taken on an iphone, VS an overpriced app with very grainy video, long encoding times, and general lag issues from the many steps and time it takes to end shooting and finally get a video.

Quality is king, and I'd rather have perfect quality video and no audio than grainy image with choppy sound that I paid $20 for. With so many junk apps out there, let's have one that goes all out with the quality. Simply add sound to Cycorder and figure a way to easily export the video - possibly by using redirects to the save folder easiest to get to. It'll be set as the best QUALITY video recorder for the iphone. If you can manage to add a LITTLE compression in there without sacrificing the quality of the output ----- by all means do.

Paying for the 3g video recorder with it's grainy quality and hellaciously long encoding times before you can even preview is a joke, and leaving this app free and adding sound is also a joke. They should switch places and be where they belong.

If you really want to turn the world on it's head design a high quality compression unit into this app and let her rip.

Default Cycorder UI Issues
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    I would gladly pay for this app 4.99 sounds amazing. But I wouldn't mind paying 9.99 if you fix that ugly *** interface(no offense). Make the interface more iPhone/Apple like and add sound of course. I will be first in line to buy it when its complete.

Good job quality is amazing. Ipvr sucks btw and DnB is a tool for taking so much time when you come out with the best solution in 10th of the time.
    I will definitely be doing so. Believe you me, I hate the current interface. The original one was much better, but then I started porting to the App Store. Get this: in Beta 5 they removed all the iPhone-like buttons. Unless you want to sit down in photoshop and /draw buttons/ you have to use those stupid flat white ones. I was seriously angry when I learned that. Now that Cycorder is going jailbroken its going to be much smoother sailing to add better UI features.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to saurik For This Useful Post:

Welshy1969 (2008-09-01)

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    I will definitely be doing so. Believe you me, I hate the current interface. The original one was much better, but then I started porting to the App Store. Get this: in Beta 5 they removed all the iPhone-like buttons. Unless you want to sit down in photoshop and /draw buttons/ you have to use those stupid flat white ones. I was seriously angry when I learned that. Now that Cycorder is going jailbroken its going to be much smoother sailing to add better UI features.
    Whats stopping you from an AppStore release? I thought you followed all their rules.

Hey Saurik or anybody, im hoping you can help me.

The other day my Cydia was crashing so I mindlessly removed some sources through SSH.

I think one of them was Saurik's http://apt.saurik.com/

Now I can't get cycoder and I went into the sources section of Cydia and tried to manually add http://apt.saurik.com and i get a message saying its either incorrect or its a legacy source. I tried every combo and i get the same message.

So then I went into packages and deleted "Saurik's Source" hoping it would show up again in Cydia.

No luck, and I can't seem to add it. I really want to try Cycoder, can someone help?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast