Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder

Default Cycorder Ad Bypass
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra85ec View Post
    turn airplane mode on will recording gets no add... lol cool app. nice work
    That's a good one! ;P Someone else (humorously enough, with some help from me on how to re-sign the application) binary hacked out the URL in the program so it loaded a black.html file from his server.

(I actually care surprisingly little ;P.)

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    What is the price point you would recommend? For the record, the last time I tried to price out Cycorder I chose something less than $12.
    9.99 is half the price of IVR, and sure to turn heads, but if you're after volume, 4.99 or 7.99 may be the sweet spot.

IVR, unfortunately, has put itself in a tough spot because of it's price point, and as a result the author loses customers to unscrupulous users who opt for hacked versions. With this in mind, it may be a good strategy to position yourself at a price which evokes enough value for people to consider such a deal too good to pass up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (2008-09-07)

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

if its too high people like me will get the cracked version (dont own my own credit card)
    if its low on the other hand people like me will (use parents)
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Agreed... 5 pounds would definately be the sweet spot. Literally, IVR is too expensive. Like someone said, one can get a Motorola Razr for that much.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome, we need an alternative to iVR, especially since DnB isnt doing anything with his apparently, so are you planning to have a free one with ads and a price tag on the other with no ads or just one with no ads?
    iLive an iLife

Awesome the video recorder for the first released. The app works well, very clean w/g quality. Hopefully sound will be availabled in the next update asap. Infact, the ads doesn't notification to me, so I dont mind at all.

About the price tag, I thought it should be around $5-9.99

I'm always impressed with what you are coding, Saurik. It warms my heart when I get a little box popup asking me to "Upgrade (Essential)".

Even more, finding a little app called 'Cycorder' in my list of Changes this morning. It looks fantastic. If it could record sound, and possibly lower the file size a touch, I would be willing to pay for this app. How much? I would pay $10 for this, but I bet a heck of a lot more would buy if it was $7.99.

Keep up the good work

Good application, please add the possibility to have the Max resolution in Landscape mod. And an option to Encode latter in Divx / Xvid / H264 once we dont need the video camera.

For price i think 4.99 dollar will get you a lot of people to buy it It is better to sell 5 dollar to 100 person then 20 dollar to 10 personne When it is too expensive people serach for cracks or simply dont buy it. when it is cheap it is not worth waisting time searching / developing cracks

Excellent, excellent.

I'll gladly pay for this when sound and email are added.

No ads though and post viewing compression would be great.

saurik GREAT JOB
    If you could add options like zoom, sound, resolution, etc you have a great app to offer us all and I would pay as well

Keep up the great work
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Totally agree with Apothocary...
    Quote Originally Posted by Apothocary View Post
    I'm always impressed with what you are coding, Saurik. It warms my heart when I get a little box popup asking me to "Upgrade (Essential)".

Even more, finding a little app called 'Cycorder' in my list of Changes this morning. It looks fantastic. If it could record sound, and possibly lower the file size a touch, I would be willing to pay for this app. How much? I would pay $10 for this, but I bet a heck of a lot more would buy if it was $7.99.

Keep up the good work
    Tested CyCorder - awesome!

Thanks for the great work.

Cracked versions>>>>

For Its first release i must say its pretty impressive..I mean the video quality is def off the chain..Hope Saurik keeps working on this app and dont toss it aside to include..Sound and being able to share video clips....Anywhere under 10 bucks will get my donation for this app

- Iphone 3GS
    - 4.0 Beta 3 Installed

Quote Originally Posted by saurik View Post
    What is the price point you would recommend? For the record, the last time I tried to price out Cycorder I chose something less than $12.
    I'd recommend something much less than $12. If its a great app I might pay $7 and I'd probably pay $5, but if you really want mass adoption and use then I'd go for $3. It's cheap enough for most people to think, "wow, only $3 for such a great app? Awesome!"
    That way you'd still be making truck loads of money because everyone would get your app.

Another reason I don't recommend making it too expensive is that hackers will come in and crack it to be completely free. Never underestimate the cheapness of hackers.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd pay upto 8($16) for Cycorder as long as it has:-

No ads
    Sound
    Upload to youtube
    Email
    Rename a video
    Zoom

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

cycorder has saved iphone video recorder from being cracked..well...not really, but i wont even look for a cracked version of iphone video recorder bcuz of cycorder. cant wait for the further development of this great app...i would pay for this as long as its not as pricey as the other guy...
    but yea, emai,l youtube, make breakfast, all these i would love to see on this app

oh yea, and i love you for cydia, i realllly love it !
    Last edited by z3r01; 2008-08-23 at 05:59 PM.

wow, this is a great little app! i agree, having sound would definitely be a big plus and so would a better compression ratio. i don't mind the ads so much. i'm just hoping that with updates, this little app stays as speedy as it is now! it takes no time for it to open and start recording.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Saurik, this is definitely one of the best apps I have ever seen! Congrats on making it so pwnsome! And as others may add, I would sugguest price range for a premium version from 4.99 to 7.99, but no higher.

PS-Any tips on how to start iPhone App development?
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones

Thumbs up Survival of the fittest...
    Great work!

I'd be willing to spend $9.99 today for a version with sound, email, and no ads. If you were to drop this into the App Store @ $4.99, it'd be Top Ten EASY.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    cycorder has saved iphone video recorder from being cracked
    Too late! It looks like that $20 price tag motivated a lot of people to choose the dark side.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    Great work!

I'd be willing to spend $9.99 today for a version with sound, email, and no ads. If you were to drop this into the App Store @ $4.99, it'd be Top Ten EASY.

Too late! It looks like that $20 price tag motivated a lot of people to choose the dark side.
    yea, i saw it but i aint even gonna bother...plus the video sux on it since it has a bug...video quality sux

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast