Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Release - SNAPTURE for 2.0 plus

Not bad news for me. I plan on buying it as soon as it is available.

Yeah, if that accelerometer based automatic shutter feature is implemented, my money is as good as spent

Thanks

My PayPal acct is ready....

unless the impliment it quickly, it won't be. Or if they delay the release.

Just thot I'd post that Snapture is now live on Cydia!

I'll post shots after it resprings

edit -

cydia took a dump, i'm stuck in an endless respring/apple logo

ah well
    Last edited by x999x; 2008-08-21 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks

I got it from installer. Cydia crashed on me too.

This app is starting to eerily remind me of camera pro.

Ok, I renamed my Applications folder in var/mobile and im back in action. So yeah, this new versions of snapture is totally Ad supported. No biggie, I'm gonnna put some money down on the full version anyway.

btw- thank GOD i left SSH on, lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

TheOrioles33 (2008-08-21)

Thanks

hmm, I can see how that might be an issue for some people, but my pwnage tool auto-updated just fine. This is, I'd say, the first time that cydia has really crashed on me. What's even more surprising is that installer didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    Ok, I renamed my Applications folder in var/mobile and im back in action. So yeah, this new versions of snapture is totally Ad supported. No biggie, I'm gonnna put some money down on the full version anyway.

btw- thank GOD i left SSH on, lol
    x999x - what exactly did you do to fix this? I am having the same problem. Thanks man!

Actually I did what you said and rename the applications folder. My phone is alive! Thanks! But now what? The apps in that folder are not accessible. How do we fix that?
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2008-08-21 at 03:52 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Seem like a good app but once I installed it, it knocked out my wifi...I could not even access it because the buttons were grayed out. Do not mind certain features not being available until you upgrade but the ads are a bit much.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My iphone is toast, stuck at the apple screen and totally hosed... hours away from home and no chance of updating until I get off work. Thus far, I'm highly unimpressed.... Angry even.. I understand these are the chances that we take when modding our gear. But I mean, c'mon... complete downtime due to an app that isn't even running? Cydia is buggy enough but the combination of trying to install this with cydia's crap has left me with no comms. Really irritating. My wifi is off so there'll be no SSH into it unless you can do it over USB. I'd really rather not have to reflash it and lose everything again...

Let me know, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexamus View Post
    My iphone is toast, stuck at the apple screen and totally hosed... hours away from home and no chance of updating until I get off work. Thus far, I'm highly unimpressed.... Angry even.. I understand these are the chances that we take when modding our gear. But I mean, c'mon... complete downtime due to an app that isn't even running? Cydia is buggy enough but the combination of trying to install this with cydia's crap has left me with no comms. Really irritating. My wifi is off so there'll be no SSH into it unless you can do it over USB. I'd really rather not have to reflash it and lose everything again...

Let me know, thanks.
    I was in the same boat. Thanks to x999x I am good for now. Download iPhoneBrowser 6.0 from the downloads section. Plug your iPhone in and power it on. Windows should see it. Now bring up the browser and navigate to PRIVATE/VAR/MOBILE and rename the applications folder to something else. This will bring your phone back to life but you will not have your iTunes apps for now. Waiting on x999x to get back to me to see what the next step is. Not sure if I can rename it back and everything will be cool or what.

They must have had a change of staff members. Before the app store was around, they were all "No donations accepted!". Now it is heavily add supported, you get this gay *** lag message when you launch the app; totally ruining the experience. No trial version, just all or nothing basically. Will I pay for it? Yeah I will. It was a GREAT app, and is worth the $8 price tag. It's just hilarious how these devs change.

Also, reading through the FAQ, I noticed that you cannot transfer a license from iPhone to iPhone (or iPT). Also, only minor updates to the app will be free. There 'may' be a charge for 'major' updates.

Great looking app though!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    x999x - what exactly did you do to fix this? I am having the same problem. Thanks man!

Actually I did what you said and rename the applications folder. My phone is alive! Thanks! But now what? The apps in that folder are not accessible. How do we fix that?
    Once you're back up and running, SSH into your phone and browse to /var/mobile/Applications and delete the contents.

After that, dock your iphone and let iTunes sync back all your apps.

If you have any special settings or files you want to save, you may want to browse each of those long numbered folders inside of the Applications folder and copy some of the documents folders and such inside so that you can move them back once your apps are all in order again.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    why wouldn't you just delete the offending app?

Quote Originally Posted by snapture View Post
    Thanks, but I'm still on 2.0.1 :P

I've got everything sorted out anyway, I'll be back to normal once iTunes is done syncing.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Apparently, none of the apps will run on x64 Vista... on my xp machine it simply states that it cannot recognize the device on the USB port. I'm beyond frustrated...

EDIT: This app in combination with Cydia has officially ruined my day. I have it running again but only because I reflashed it. Back to square one on everything.
    Last edited by Vexamus; 2008-08-21 at 06:47 PM.

I'm not sure i'm following what the issue people are having with the app is? How is it blowing up your iphone? Was i the original "new" release or the latest version?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexamus View Post
    why wouldn't you just delete the offending app?
    I wonder how you would know the offending app or why is it even an iTunes applications folder issue. I would think it would be the Cydia/Installer apps folder.

x999x - how did you figure this out anyways? Thanks for that!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast