Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Scrobble - Last.fm Scrobbling on the 2.0 firmware

Default Scrobble - Last.fm Scrobbling on the 2.0 firmware
    Tony Hoyle has created an open source mobile scrobbler for last.fm called Scrobble. It's currently hosted on Big Boss's Cydia repo.

More information can be found here: scrobble for iphone

Here's a screenshot from the site:

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to egordin For This Useful Post:

Anijake (2008-08-19), jacktaylor73 (2008-08-20)

Testing this out, seems to have some bugs for me.

1. "Enable Debugging" always reverts to the "On" switch even after I turn it off, leave the app and come back in.

2. I've had it running now for 15 minutes, 1 song is scrobbled, 1 is still in the queue. I have no idea how to get the one in the queue to scrobble, but I remember in Mobilescrobbler on the old firmware this would happen pretty much right after I finished listening to a tune. Right now it's been in the queue for at least 10 minutes.

Yeahh! I wanted this so much

Working fine here

kick ***....thanks alot !

Nothing is scrobbling or even queuing up for me at all Can't figure it out. Gonna uninstall and re-install and try again. Been playing for 1/2 hour with no luck.

I love it! Thanks!

Now I'm sure I'm asking too much, and I'm not even sure it's possible, but can this (or any) program be "housed" entirely in the general settings application? For instance: because this application is not very interactive, I would think it would fit better and take up less springboard space if it was solely accessible through the settings application.

Facebook has a settings add-on, so do a few other appstore apps. Even the original MobileScrobbler had an additional menu in the iPhone setting app.

I guess the real question is whether or not you can add something to the iPhone settings app without having an icon present on the springboard.

Again, though, great work porting this to 2.X, you have my most sincere thanks.

what is scrobbling? I looked it up and is it just tellin last fm what I like? What does this do for me?

Last.fm is a social music website. It tracks the music you listen to, then makes reccomendations based on your style. You can also find friends on the site and see what they listen to and share your likes/dislikes.

My favorite aspect of last.fm is the charts area. You can view what/who/ and when you listen to certain songs and genres, and keep track of your music preferences. When compared to what iTunes offers (stars) it opens up a whole new world of music choice.

Try it! Its free!

is this thing working or what? It says it only scrobbled 4 songs, isn't it supposed to scrobble every song I play?

I find it stops every once and a while. A phone reboot starts it again.

There is a new app on Cydia called Scrobbled, this one just runs in the settings menu. No icon on the home screen. It also places the AS in the task bar.

I am giving it a shot, so far so good

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

finally I can scroobbel again.

Been using Scrobbled since this morning, works like a charm. once installed, rebooted the phone added my user name and password and presto, works great.
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

Quote Originally Posted by Anijake View Post
    I find it stops every once and a while. A phone reboot starts it again.

There is a new app on Cydia called Scrobbled, this one just runs in the settings menu. No icon on the home screen. It also places the AS in the task bar.

I am giving it a shot, so far so good
    Stopped for me too, I'm now trying this new one by Jay Freeman (saurik). I have the AS in the task bar, played a few songs but they are not showing up on last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by peteo View Post
    Stopped for me too, I'm now trying this new one by Jay Freeman (saurik). I have the AS in the task bar, played a few songs but they are not showing up on last.fm
    I think I found out that if you go back to the settings screen for any reason you have to enter your password again. So try putting in your password again and press ENTER. then leave the settings.

Just a note, I email the authors of Scrobbled asking if it works over WiFi, edge/3G or both, this is the reply:

Both. Next release will let you turn off edge/3g scrobbling.
    Last edited by Anijake; 2008-08-27 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"if you go back to the settings screen for any reason you have to enter your password again"

Yeah I noticed that. I rebooted and then played some music. Make sure you play to the END of the song or it wont scrobble that song! It seems to be working now. I also changed permissions of the scrobbler app to 777 which is in the root/Library directory. You probably don't need to do this.

Default ? about Scrobbled
    I have tried both Scrobble and Scrobbled.

Scrobble works for a few songs and then does not scrobble any more tracks. After restarting iPod Touch it works again but for only a few songs.

Scrobbled keep saying "Scrobbler is working offline" and will not scrobble anything. I have tried reseting iPod and reinstalling app but it still has the same message.

Any help on some solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dobb14 View Post
    I have tried both Scrobble and Scrobbled.

Scrobble works for a few songs and then does not scrobble any more tracks. After restarting iPod Touch it works again but for only a few songs.

Scrobbled keep saying "Scrobbler is working offline" and will not scrobble anything. I have tried reseting iPod and reinstalling app but it still has the same message.

Any help on some solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    With Scrobbled, try turning off Scrobbling and make the AS in the taskbar go away then turn it on again, see what happens. This worked for me. And now it works just fine, though that status screen does not get updated. Still says it only did 300 songs, but that is wrong.

Default thanks
    that is probably why i was confused because the screen wasn't updating. it seems to be scrobbling for now. thanks for the help

Peteo, it's not saurik who made Scrobbled. It's eric and skylar.
    I'm having issues with scrobbled crashing everytime I enter my password and go back .
    Last edited by beatoven; 2008-09-05 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beatoven View Post
    Peteo, it's not saurik who made Scrobbled. It's eric and skylar.
    I'm having issues with scrobbled crashing everytime I enter my password and go back .
    Yeah same here. i noticed that in the library folder where scrobbled is located every thing is set up as user root is this right or should it be mobile?