Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [NEW APP] Vonagent - Manage your Vonage Acct

Wooohoo, thanks Mario! I may never need to use anything else for my Vonage voicemail.

One small hitch, it deletes the voicemail from the Vonage site just fine, but it's leaving the converted audio files on the phone.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 2008-02-06 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When installing this its not creating the Documents folder, also it needs to have 777 permissions.

Gotta say after I figured that out it works great! Thanks

Boost - were you an upgrade?

-Ok - i've moved the directory to ~/Media/vonagent - it creates with 777 regardless of upgrade/install - it also now removes the wav files on startup of the app)
    -Also someone mentioned an issue on 1.1.3 install - so there's at least a warning message that pops up that you may have to chown the installer to root:wheel (I'm guessing because the install installs to directory /private/var/root/lib)
    Last edited by skeels; 2008-02-06 at 08:37 PM.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Mario:

A few issues with the new version .5:

When it didn't work for me, I did an uninstall and then a fresh install, and checked what was happening. Here's what I found:

The Vonagent.app folder has permissions set to 644, so it fails to show up.
    Changing it manually to 755 got that going.

It doesn't create the folder ~/Media/vonagent so voicemails can't download...no error message, it just doesn't play. Creating the folder manually fixed that.

The new location breaks compatibility with SendFile. If you want a separate vonagent folder, is it possible you could check for the existence of ~Media/Documents, create the Documents folder if it doesn't already exist, and then put the vonagent folder in that? That would still allow it to work. Of course, I can always create another symlink, if you don't like that idea.

I'd prefer it if the app didn't delete the local files on startup, because it has to re-download to re-listen. Ideally it should:

- play from the local file when it exists
    - leave the file locally and on the website until we ask it to delete it
    - when deletion is requested, delete it in both places
    - when the sync button is pressed, check if the file exists in both places. If it only exists locally, delete it.

Your 1.1.3 preflight script seems a little heavy handed to me. Personally, I don't like installers modifying my permissions on folders and applications they don't own, even when it's with the best of intentions.

Thanks again for this fantastic app, and your responsiveness. It's very much appreciated.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the feedback - It's greatly appreciated!

1) I updated the preflight (I borrowed that script - but in retrospect - I agree)
    2) I added chmod 755 to /Applications/Vonagent.app the install + update

Can you try that again (uninstall (refresh repo)- making sure the directory permissions were as they were as best as possible?)

- Regarding the non-deletion of the files - I'll get that in the next version - I was having a problem on when to delete files deleted other than on the phone - your path sounds good

- As far as changing the directory - would you ever really want to email the voicemail? If you believe so, I 'll add a link in Vonagent to attach to an email. I just want to make sure it's worth it?
    Last edited by skeels; 2008-02-06 at 10:21 PM.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Thanks Mario, that fixed the problem for me, but I think the preflight as written won't create the ~/Media/vonagent folder on pre 1.1.3 phones. Also, the uninstall script should delete the ~/Media/vonagent folder, otherwise remaining files will be orphaned.

As far as the email thing, yes I would definitely do that (I occasionally want to share a a voicemail with someone else), but if I'm the only one, don't go to a lot of trouble. I can add a symlink and make that work.

Ok - I fixed the script for non 1.1.3 phones - although the app itself creates the directory for non-1.1.3 phones - i figure it doesn't hurt and better in the install script anyways . - Also added the remove dir

Ok - I'll add email similar to sendfile - what do you think about adding "email vm" to the Play/Pause - Stop alertsheet. The only thing is that the sheet goes away when the voicemail stops - I think people can be fast enough to press the email, right? Any other suggestions on how to do that from a user perspective? Also, when the user clicks email, it will take them out of the Vonagent app - no issues with that either?

Cool, thanks. I think adding "Email VM" in the alertsheet will work very well, it'd have to be very short to not have time to hit the button. I don't think there's any issue with leaving the Vonagent app. That seems like the expected behavior.

Hey Dave,

Here are the release notes for v0.6:

- Syncs/deletes local copy voicemails based on those in inbox on server
    - Added email voicemail on listen menu
    - Added support for UK and CA Vonage
    - Tweaks install script

Thanks for your feedback! .. Enjoy.

-Mario

Mario,

Truly amazing, thanks again! This is by far the best way to manage my voicemail now. The email send implementation is very slick with the sheet sliding in instantly and then back to the app! I haven't seen that done on the phone before integrating another app; it's very elegant.

Thanks again.

Glad you like it. Yeah - the email sheet took a bit - would be a lot faster if Apple released their SDK and it had documentation in it!!! .

Thanks - and let me know if there's other things you do with your Vonage acct that you need.

Heh, since you asked, and it appears I've landed on Fantasy Island , an option to auto-play new messages sequentially (or even just the most recent) would rock the house. Then, I could set the Home button to launch Vonagent on double-click, and check my messages almost hands free! I've got a contact programmed to do that, but more often than not, one of the tones gets lost and the retrieval fails, which is one of the many reasons I love your program.

Sounds like a good option - I am on vacation for a week - so I'll have it next thursday for you. Thanks!

Thanks Mario, have a GREAT vacation.

psuskeels, I bet a lot of people have multiple lines and or multiple accounts with myself included, any chance on making this awesome program as it stands even awesomer?

Hey boostin,

Sounds good - as far as the multiple lines on one acct - can you send me the html (view source and save) of the dashboard, voicemail screen (with voicemails in the inbox), and your call forwarding pages? (I only have one line - so need your html to test).

you can mail them to "support and then at vonagent.com". When I'm done, i'll send you the executable directly so you can verify it works before its published. I'll get to work on it when I return next week.

As far as multiple logins/accts - what do you think would work best - maybe save the account info under settings, and you can select your acct information each time (either on startup, or under the settings view (both kinda annoying?)). What about installing the app under multiple directories, so that way you don't have to ever select the acct - and you can rename it so it makes sense PSUVonagent, BoostVonagent, ?

Ok - 0.8c is out - will install and run without problems on 1.1.3.

0.8 enhancements:
    - Support for multi-line Vonage accounts
    - Support for both call forwarding and SimulRing
    - AutoPlay Voicemails on start option under Settings
    - Moved domain (Vonage.ca/Vonage.Uk/Vonage.com) up under Settings
    - Tweaks to Install script for 1.1.3
    Last edited by skeels; 2008-02-17 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

FaTone (2008-02-21)

This app is definitely what I need, but cannot get it installed. I when to installer and added http://www.vonagent.com/repo as the source, but don't see the app 'VonageNT' in the Multimedia or any other category. I seached by all packages and it wasn't there. How can I resolve this issue! BTW, I have version 1.1.2 (jailbroken of course)

I added the link to the sources again and now it works! So disregard my first post! Again, great Application!

I added the link to the sources again and now it works! So disregard my first post! Again, great Application!
    Last edited by FaTone; 2008-02-21 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

FYI: You should be able to find the app under Multimedia now (without adding the repository) (thanks poetic and modmyi.com!)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

torrentprime (2008-03-01)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast