Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts.app on your homescreen - 1.1.3

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Default Contacts.app on your homescreen - 1.1.3
    Erica at TUAW suggested a method to add your contacts app to your home screen, which I then packaged up for Installer. If you'd like to find it, it is on Installer under Productivity as Contacts | HomeScreen.

And no, of course this does not remove any apps - that just happens to be the only app on that page. (Yah, I KNOW someone was gonna ask).

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Only 1.1.3?
    I have tried installing this 4 times on my iPhone. I am still on 1.1.2. The description in installer.app shows 1.1.3 and 1.1.2. I never get an icon on my homescreen after I install it.

Am I just doing something wrong?

Keith

if i uninstall this, will it remove it from my home screen?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keiffer6 View Post
    I have tried installing this 4 times on my iPhone. I am still on 1.1.2. The description in installer.app shows 1.1.3 and 1.1.2. I never get an icon on my homescreen after I install it.

Am I just doing something wrong?

Keith
    Hmm. I have only tested it on 1.1.3, but have heard it works fine on 1.1.2 as well. Can anyone with 1.1.2 confirm it either working or not?

Quote Originally Posted by bconnor View Post
    if i uninstall this, will it remove it from my home screen?
    Yes. Clever, eh.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

i can't find it. it's in the community sources?

nevermind i added the mmi source and there it is!

Why not just use Customize to make the app visible? Thats what I did, weeks ago. (also I tried the installer version after removing visibility via Custo, and it did not show. fw 1.1.2, maybe it wont work on earlier firmware)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kyteflyer For This Useful Post:

mgmm1 (2008-06-12)

Hi my iphone is on 1.0.2. How do I remove the icon ICONTACT at the home screen. I just realise that it works on 1.1.2 & 1.1.3. I have unistall it, but the icon still remains in the home screen

im on 112 and i installed it for 3 times, but the app doesnt appear on my spring board.

I'm in the same boat as Mohdnoor above. I've installed it and now it won't remove the icon when I uninstall. UGH! Any help on how I can remove this (wretched) thing will be greatly appreciated.

Same any body plz how TO REMOVE THIS APP PLZ.,.....HELP MEEEE PLZZZZZ........GOD BLESS U.;.....TELL ME FAST...

MODRATOR PLZ HELP ME !!!

Hi my iphone is on 1.0.2. How do I remove the icon ICONTACT at the home screen. I just realise that it works on 1.1.2 & 1.1.3. I have unistall it, but the icon still remains in the home screen.................PLZ
    Last edited by rohit; 2008-02-02 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@poetic_folly no, this does not work under 1.1.2, i have tried doing it manually and using your method from the installer source, i have gone nuts trying to get this to work, but it doesn't; perhaps doing the way erica said would work under 1.1.2, because as far as i have understood, you used the method that guy posted (OJ Dorson's simplified solution that he posted on tuaw), i don't know i'm just saying.
    I thought that i was the only one with this problem since it said there that it was for 1.1.2 as well, but now i see i'm not the only one.

all of you can just use "customize" if you want this app you don't even need to install it it will show in customize under manually order icons then choose to show it or Not

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eyallevi9 For This Useful Post:

mgmm1 (2008-06-12)

I know i could use customize, but i just don't want to, i don't have any apps because i have no use for them, i only use converter, that's it; but having the contacts on my springboard is useful, and i have it on my 1.1.3 iphone, and i would like to have it on my other iphone as well

Default A little help removing homepage icon on 1.0.2
    Like Mohdnoor and other's I too have been left with an icon on the home page after uninstall. Any ideas on how to remove it please. Thx.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How can I remove this from my home screen?

have you gone back into installer.look at your installed apps list bring up the prog you want rid of and it will give you the option to uninstall on the top right
    youve prob tried this option but i figured id offer it up just i case it helps

When I Install This App It Makes My Wallpaper Disspear From My Sceen To Lock. Also The Photo Under Contact Does Not Save As Soon As I Exit Out Of Edit Contact Can Someone Please Help!!! Iv Searched Everywere!!!

Default 1.1.4 issue
    I'm using v1.1.4 and I have a slightly different issue.

I was able to put the contacts on the home screen via installer and can access my contacts. Where I have a problem is if there is and update in the installer for any app I have and run through the installation process and exit the installer, the updates work but the contacts icon disappears.

What I end up doing is going back into installer and either have to install the contact home screen app again or sometimes it shows in the uninstall forder. When I uninstall it and exit the installer the contacts icon reappears on the home scrreen. Kind of bizarre.

Edit
    I have Customize 2.0 beta 10 and I do not see any option/preference to make an app visible. Am I missing something?
    Last edited by mgmm1; 2008-06-12 at 07:28 PM.