Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ShopList 0.2

You mean instead of the buttons? It is a good idea. So a checkbox with a check instead of the "need" button and an empty checkbox instead of the "have" button. I see what you mean. The problem of that approach is that a checkbox represents both the action of changing the state and the state. I wanted to keep the state of the item by placing it in the correct section of the list and the button is just the action of the state change. That was my thought ... but some people find the buttons confusing. I will give it a try ans see how it feels.

@fsaint, I'm not that good working with this "terminal" stuff and changing rights....any news on a 1.1.3 release

i've noticed the 0.21 version popping up in the rep a few minutes ago...thanks!!
    Last edited by Celf; 2008-02-03 at 07:10 PM. Reason: repository shoplist update

Celf,

I posted version 0.21 today in the same repository. This new version I'm sure works in 1.1.3, and hopefully did not break anything in 1.1.2.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fsaint For This Useful Post:

foofoofoo (2008-02-04), optimusdarko (2008-02-04)

Quote Originally Posted by fsaint View Post
    Thanks. So the lists are maintained in binary format for the moment, so no way of editing off the phone. I'm just serializing the memory objects. I believe that can be done to XML instead of binary, I'll do that at some point.

I will add the option to have more lists, I'm thinking on how to do it without adding too much baggage to the interface.
    Fsaint, I just wanted to say that I really like this application and its potential. I'm also someone who has been looking for a good offline "To Do" list for the iPhone and your shopping list program could really work in that capacity with just a few modifications.

The two suggestions I have are:
    1) adding the ability to reorder items by dragging, in the same way that Safari lets you reorder bookmarks. That way, we can prioritize items.

2) adding the ability to have multiple "To Do" lists, each with their own "Done/Not done" sub-lists. Customizable titles for the lists would be a plus.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by foofoofoo; 2008-02-04 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by foofoofoo View Post
    The two suggestions I have are:
    1) adding the ability to reorder items by dragging, in the same way that Safari lets you reorder bookmarks. That way, we can prioritize items.

2) adding the ability to have multiple "To Do" lists, each with their own "Done/Not done" sub-lists. Customizable titles for the lists would be a plus.

Thanks again!
    I thought I'd posted the same wish list but it must have gotten lost during the MMI downtime.

This is a fantastic app with many possibilities apart from shopping. Making it customizable will also make it fit many applications.

I just love the simplicity of using it for:

ToDo lists
    Packing Lists
    Shopping Lists (obviously)
    Weight training lists
    Films to see lists
    DVDs to rent/download lists
    Things I've loaned lists
    etc.

fsaint, I love the have and need buttons and the way once you have it, it moves to need. Its a simple matter of switching if you have regular items for purchase as I do. Please don't change that

This was what I was thinking of...

The List with 2 out of 3 obtained...

The List as you delete an item you don't want via "Edit"...

To me that would be ideal for a "shopping list". I don't think items need to vanish from the list, because you could use the list over and over if you buy the same list frequently. It just makes more sense to "check off" things as you get them... do you shift items around on a paper list from Need to Have?
    Last edited by RightOn; 2008-02-04 at 04:38 PM.

i noticed the program uses a lot of memory. After using it for some minutes....with only 25 items added, even the springboard becomes slow for a few seconds. (i'm on 113)

I really like the app.
    A few thing would be great.

Either preloaded lists, or the ability to edit a text file and up load it via ftp.

Sub categories, ie: groceries,>vegetables,meats, poultry, etc…

I found the data file what program can I open it with(I'm on a mac) other than text edit?

Thanks for the hard work
    mdr

fsaint, I'm offering to make a French translation for the app.
    I can't find a better way to contact you, so PM me if you are interested...

Is there any way I can import a .csv as a list in ShopList, as import_export file inside the app suggests? I have a 317 items grocery list.

I kinda like the buttons...although i feel the slider buttons (like the airplane mode on/off) would really be sweet!
    Anyway, Neat app...does it work fine on 1.1.4?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12