Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Customize fix for 1.1.3

Thanks

i got it working finally but, only thing i'm having trouble with is the carrier images. that was the main reason for me to get customize. i saw someone say that it can be done manually. please elaborate. i've been trying to figure it out but cant get it to work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iDrummer22 View Post
    i got it working finally but, only thing i'm having trouble with is the carrier images. that was the main reason for me to get customize. i saw someone say that it can be done manually. please elaborate. i've been trying to figure it out but cant get it to work.
    What did you do to get it working properly?

I read someplace that to fix carrier image for ATT you have to change setting to 755 for the following:
    /system/library/carrier bundles/ATT_us.bundle/FSO_carrier_ATT.png the second one is the same except Default inplace of FSO

Hope this help.

Aloha. Please forgive my ignorance. I added Skylar's source. The source is listed as uncategorized. What category is Customized listed under when I click Install? I looked through every packaged. Can any tell me what I did wrong?
    Thanks so much.

Sorry about the previous post. I finally found it listed until the Utilities category. Thanks
    Last edited by HawaiiDon; 2008-02-29 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Download the custom one off of his direct website, then go onto SSH and change springboard.app permissions to 777

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Core627 For This Useful Post:

SANZEN71 (2008-03-04), seanfiddy (2008-03-03)

Quote Originally Posted by Core627 View Post
    Download the custom one off of his direct website, then go onto SSH and change springboard.app permissions to 777
    Im pretty new to the these forums and thank everyone for all the help to get customize working. Just thought I would write to confirm that all that you need to do is set every file and folder dealing with customize.app and springboard.app permissions to 0777, and Alakazam!! Customize will work on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4. Any questions feel free to ask me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -000_0015.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml

I found Skylar's modded Customize app there. It was up as of this posting, too, so I'd jump on it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elgilicious For This Useful Post:

hutch1202 (2008-03-10), jfp350z (2008-03-08), nanooreg (2008-03-09)

is anybody working on an update to customize for iPhone 1.1.4

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I haven't seen it mentioned, or I may have overlooked it, but to change your carrier logo on 1.1.4, download MIM (make it mine) and change it to iPod, then go to customize and change your carrier logo to which ever logo you want.

Worked on 1.1.4 jailbroken by ZiPhone 2.5c and the modded 1.21 Customize off of repo stated above.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland7 View Post
    is anybody working on an update to customize for iPhone 1.1.4
    I just finished a new app for pc see it here.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58851

If theres other enhancements that users would like to see they can post em and I will work to add em in the updates or add on modules.

I am basically ready to beta test the app now and for those of you familiar with the theme app that was online here this is basically the same thing but on steroids.

Enjoy =)

where exactly do i find "permissions"

i have
    windows xp

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

use Make it mine to change your carrier name to iPod once you have the modded customize version off of ipodtouched and you will have custom carriers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345