Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Customize fix for 1.1.3

ok i found the customize on the installer i dont know if this is the same

i`m runing 1.1.3 and it did install fine now when i try to open it it open for a sec and crashes try like 7 times to open it and nothing reboot the phone and nothing. any idieas? should i try to set permissions?

update: i did a reboot and it worked once.
    Last edited by gabesir; 2008-01-29 at 02:26 PM.

My iPod is also stuck at the apple logo, I've replaced springboard and customize, deleted customized, set permissions of both countless times, and still no luck.

anyone have a fix? This is rather unnerving.

*EDIT*

I also CAN SSH into the iPod.
    Last edited by Sketh; 2008-02-01 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketh View Post
    My iPod is also stuck at the apple logo, I've replaced springboard and customize, deleted customized, set permissions of both countless times, and still no luck.

anyone have a fix? This is rather unnerving.

*EDIT*

I also CAN SSH into the iPod.

I have the same problem.. stuck on the apple screen.. i can ssh into the iphone, so i replaced the Springboard.app with the original one as I made a backup before doing anything. However I still have the iphone stuck on the apple logo or sometimes it goes to the itunes+cable screen..
    can any1 please help??

thanks!!

I am having the same problem on 1.1.3, it runs and shows the spash screen for about 10 seconds, then quits. I set the permissions on the /Applications/Customize.app but are there any other directories it is expecting? /Media or somewhere else i need to change permissions? Where does it save the backup files to?

- James

I too have the same problem.

I am on 1.1.3, everything was fine. I decided to mess a bit and see if I could change my carrier image by using the 'springboard' patch file that was made for 1.1.2 on my 1.1.3 phone. Since I did this, I have now ended up at the same point that you guys are, apple logo and hanging at startup. Still able to SSH via WinSCP I replaced the patched 'springboard' file with an original I had backed up. No change though, and I suspect it is because the backed up 'springboard' file was from 1.1.2. If you compare the contents of the springboard.app folder between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 I have noticed some subtle changes for instance, the carrier.png files are no longer there. This leads me to believe that the only way to resolve this problem is to replace the 'springboard' file with that of an original from a 1.1.3 phone and not an older stock one. For me, this problem that it appears you guys are having occurred the second I messed with the springboard file that 1.1.3 was utilizing.

Any thoughts? Can anyone please provide the 'springboard' file from theie 1.1.3 phone please??

Thanks in advance

***UPDATE: After trying everything is seems there is no option but to restore back to 1.1.1, also requiring a downgrade of the modem software and virginize. After 3 hrs or so, I am back to 1.1.3 again, everything working flawlessly. Won't be messing with Springboard anymore and as for customize, I'll be waiting for an update I think!
    Last edited by Bouzo; 2008-02-05 at 06:30 PM. Reason: spelling, update

guys I hat to jailbreak back from 1.1.1. There is no other way. I have tried all of them, even just the 1.1.3 jailbreak but nothing happens.

Just follow this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Get...g_OS_X_current followed by this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/OsX113devjailbreak .

If this was helpful please thank me

Thanks a lot!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Speida For This Useful Post:

Bouzo (2008-02-05)

Default Can't get it going either!!
    I've tried everything I've read on the forum and can't get customize to work. All it does everytime is open to "thespicychicken.com" screen and then it crashes back to the springboard. Please help if you have found a definite solution to this. I miss my duracell battery!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    I've tried everything I've read on the forum and can't get customize to work. All it does everytime is open to "thespicychicken.com" screen and then it crashes back to the springboard. Please help if you have found a definite solution to this. I miss my duracell battery!
    just replace the stock PNG's with the duracell ones via SSH for now like I did (I too had the duracell battery!!) Eventually customize will be updated to work with 1.1.3 with a simple install so for now you can do it this way until customize has been updated.

Thanks

I posted a modded file and brief how-to on the modded files forum earlier today.

Default Customize app not saving
    Hey everybody, I don't know what it is with this Customize app but I,ve been having major issues from the start and I don't know why. I'ts the same problem all the time after I've upgraded (4th time) and done every possible solution/fix out thier including setting permissions. I have customize app working but it does not want to save any of my changes.I don't know what it is but i'ts driving me crazy. Any help would be much apreciated.

Thanks,
    Going Nuts

Thanks

You need to set permissions on the files and folders you are changing, not just the files and folders in the Customize app.

Default I'm done
    I can't seem to get this to work. I've tried replacing the customize.app and springboard.app, set every folder and went into each folder and changed every single file to 0755. Nothing happens. Does the same thing as if I download it from installer. Customize goes to the chicken screen and then goes back to the springboard everytime. I'm frustrated now. Some people seem to be getting it to work but not me. I've got to be missing something but I don't know what it is for the life of me. I've never had a problem jailbreaking because I'm very anal and I read everything before I do it and I do it exactly step by step but this is just killing me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Help!
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks

Angry Nothing Happens
    I have managed to make customize work, setting the permissions, restarting customize and my phone countless of times. When it finally worked, I tried to change something and nothing happened! I have restarted my phone a few times but nothing happened.

Where is located the backgroud for the weather apps ?? please help

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballstyle View Post
    Where is located the backgroud for the weather apps ?? please help
    in the weather.app application folder

Thanks

Set permissions to 0777 on EVERY file, and folder having anything to to with Customize and EVERY folder and file that you want Customize to change.

I've tried setting permissions to 0755 and 0777 and both do the same thing. And yes, I am doing that to every folder and every file in every folder in both the customize.app and springboard.app Now what?
    Dirty as I wanna be!

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

I've tried setting permissions to 0755 and 0777 and both do the same thing. And yes, I am doing that to every folder and every file in every folder in both the customize.app and springboard.app Now what?
    OK-
    here is what you NEED to do. Set everything that relates to customize to 0777...EVERYTHING!!!

then what you need to do is if you want to change the calculator background you will need to goto the ORIGINAL calculator app folder (not the one in customize) then change the ENTIRE folders permission to 0777.

It will work!

Default Customize doesn't like Summerboard
    Ok, so here's something I have noticed now. I finally have gotten Customize to work for me. I uninstalled Summerboard.app and Customize.app then installed just Customize and set all permissions to 0777. After restarting it took a couple times of it crashing back to the springboard but it finally started working. I was excited but then I went into installer and installed Summerboard and now I'm back to where I started. Summerboard works fine but now Customize just crashes back to the springboard. Hmm, do I need to go into Summerboard.app and set all permissions to 0777? I'm gonna try that and see what happens.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

I in the same boat as you dirtybird I realized the same things you did about summerboard and Customize...as luck yet please let me know

Ok, so here's something I have noticed now. I finally have gotten Customize to work for me. I uninstalled Summerboard.app and Customize.app then installed just Customize and set all permissions to 0777. After restarting it took a couple times of it crashing back to the springboard but it finally started working. I was excited but then I went into installer and installed Summerboard and now I'm back to where I started. Summerboard works fine but now Customize just crashes back to the springboard. Hmm, do I need to go into Summerboard.app and set all permissions to 0777? I'm gonna try that and see what happens.
    I in the same boat as you dirtybird I realized the same things you did about summerboard and Customize...as luck yet please let me know
    Last edited by wildturkey; 2008-02-07 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast