Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extended Preferences v0.4: Now bug free!

Patched version of Upgrade.app is done. Thanks to tman and francis for the help.

If there is anyone who is on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 and would like to jailbreak, go to the 'Downloads' section of http://code.google.com/p/chronicproductions/ and grab 'patched113jailbreak.zip'

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I haven't been able to review the entire thread but I would assume this app is still in the test phase for 1.1.3 Devteam Jb. I would also like to test it. If I man suggest could you incorporate the ability to modify the vibration setting for alerts (Calendar, text, email...general alerts ...etc..) the last version of Customize allowed that ability on 1.1.2. It was very useful when the phone was on silent and need to have notification with the phone in my pocket. The current vibration setting does not vibrate long enough to even notice....just an idea....thanks.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-02-06 at 04:21 AM.

1.1.2 Would love to test is your still taking testers

So if I am on 1.1.3, I have to go back down to 1.1.1 before I can install this?

Chronic, A few questions for you:

1. When do you expect a release date for this pup'?

2. If I'm on a DEV JB 1.1.3, do I have to downgrade at all to install this?

3. Will it have the "touch" feature? I have to recalibrate my touchscreen so it doesnt read my finger as a few mm's higher. bah.

thanks a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by back2thebeatof84 View Post
    Chronic, A few questions for you:

1. When do you expect a release date for this pup'?
    Not quite sure, I think that p_f might be busy. If anyone here is good with Installer, contact me.

2. If I'm on a DEV JB 1.1.3, do I have to downgrade at all to install this?
    Unfortunately, that is the only way to get the newest version. If you are situated on 1.1.3 then you might want to just wait it out.

3. Will it have the "touch" feature? I have to recalibrate my touchscreen so it doesnt read my finger as a few mm's higher. bah.
    Yes, the Touch menu will be in the General section of your Preferences.app

thanks a bunch.
    ("This message is too short"? Why does it not count what I typed in the QUOTE boxes as text? Weird...)

Thanks

what about vibration setting? Please ......

nope, no vibration in the RC version
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    what about vibration setting? Please ......
    I'm not sure if this is possible without an additional program to help out (ex. Summerboard for it's corresponding menu)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    I'm not sure if this is possible without an additional program to help out (ex. Summerboard for it's corresponding menu)
    thats understandable, I didnt know that since it was incorporated into the last version of customize, if it was an open source code that could simply be incorporated into Preferences....just seems like a natural fit.

Do you have a proposed release date for extended preferences to go public for a 1.1.3? Not trying to rush just curious.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-02-08 at 04:32 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kutrackkid's Avatar
    Thanks

i am really excited for this to come out for JB 1.1.3

cant wait
    -20" iMac 2.2 Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -13" MB 2.2 Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram
    -iPhone 3G 8GB
    -Canon 50D

We are having difficulties with the uninstall procedure, so I would like to take a poll. Who thinks that this should be released without an 'Uninstall' option, just a warning before you install it asking you to back up your current Preferences.app? If everyone is OK with this, it will be most likely be released VERY VERY soon, as long as p_f OKs it also.

I think you should work on an uninstall first....

Nah,no uninstall is necessary i think.... we should backup our Preferences.app before install,and if we want to uninstall we could just restore the folder....

By the way... I would like to test the beta version... I'm running 1.1.3dev's...

I got a working patcher done. The only issue is that after it is done patching your Preferences.app files, it doesn't quit, but you have to press the home button yourself.

http://code.google.com/p/chronicproductions/
    Go to the 'Downloads' section and download 'PreferencesAppPatcher'. This is an open beta.

EDIT - Would like to add that this works on all versions 1.1.1-1.1.3, not sure about 1.0.0-1.0.2 although it should probably work.

EDIT 2 - Here is a direct link to it for the lazy ones out there: http://chronicproductions.googlecode...ef-Patcher.zip
    Last edited by King Chronic; 2008-02-10 at 01:43 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

HunyzAngel (2008-02-13), Sparblaze (2008-02-21)

can you put this on the installer by any chance? I have issues with manual adding. This would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBito View Post
    can you put this on the installer by any chance? I have issues with manual adding. This would be greatly appreciated!
    Ah, forgot to mention that you must chmod the Upgrade file within the Upgrade.app directory 777 or rwxrwxrwx

19. The Following User Says Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

Sparblaze (2008-02-21)

Could someone upload their preference.app mine is messed up thanks

I'm on a 1.1.1 jailbroken iPhone and I tried the patcher without 1.1.3 and it didn't work. I just manually copied the required files into Preferences.app and it works fine.

For me, both doesn't work. (patch, and manual copy of the required files)

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast