Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 314

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Extended Preferences v0.4: Now bug free!

  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by likwidfuzion View Post
    The Installer script is incorrect. It doesn't take in account for the "StockPreferences" folder in the install key.

    If you want to manually install:

    1. Download the zip - http://installerpackages.com/Extende...ences-0.47.zip
    2. On your device: Rename /Applications/Preferences.app to /Applications/Preferences.app.bak
    3. Copy /Applications/Preferences.app from the zip to /Applications on your device
    4. Set all files to 0775 (not 0755)
    did a manual install and works great on 114!

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by likwidfuzion View Post
    The Installer script is incorrect. It doesn't take in account for the "StockPreferences" folder in the install key.

    If you want to manually install:

    1. Download the zip - http://installerpackages.com/Extende...ences-0.47.zip
    2. On your device: Rename /Applications/Preferences.app to /Applications/Preferences.app.bak
    3. Copy /Applications/Preferences.app from the zip to /Applications on your device
    4. Set all files to 0775 (not 0755)
    The weird thing is, that's for uninstall, so it should be fine...I think the problem might be is that it doesn't remove the original Preferences.app first, so I'll try that and see if I have any luck.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

    dhawalsinha (2008-03-04)

  4. #243
    I am on a 1.1.4 (Ziphone) and during the install through installer it crashes back to springboard

  5. #244
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I have a 1.1.3 jailbreak/unlock by ziphone, works great but during install of the Extended preferences from installer.app it crashes back to springboard as other have said, i read the first page and saw that it talked about on uninstall it removes the com.apple.springboard.plist or something that holds the order of the icons, is that true for 1.1.3 and this beta if so can u make sure thats fixed on the final release of .4

    UPDATE: I just noticed that after trying to install extended preferences a couple times and it crashing back to the springboard, my icons had rearranged to a default order, so yes this beta version can delete the springboard plist in which case ill wait for the final release
    Last edited by xshad0w; 2008-03-04 at 03:42 PM.

  6. #245
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 21 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    The weird thing is, that's for uninstall, so it should be fine...I think the problem might be is that it doesn't remove the original Preferences.app first, so I'll try that and see if I have any luck.
    Thanks for the update!! I will take a look into it this afternoon or evening and play around with it.

  7. #246
    sorry massive noob question:
    how do you set permissions? I can do all the ssh stuff but have no idea what permissions are. thanks

  8. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by coalpha View Post
    sorry massive noob question:
    how do you set permissions? I can do all the ssh stuff but have no idea what permissions are. thanks
    chmod -R 0775 /Applications/Preferences.app

  9. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by xshad0w View Post
    I have a 1.1.3 jailbreak/unlock by ziphone, works great but during install of the Extended preferences from installer.app it crashes back to springboard as other have said, i read the first page and saw that it talked about on uninstall it removes the com.apple.springboard.plist or something that holds the order of the icons, is that true for 1.1.3 and this beta if so can u make sure thats fixed on the final release of .4

    UPDATE: I just noticed that after trying to install extended preferences a couple times and it crashing back to the springboard, my icons had rearranged to a default order, so yes this beta version can delete the springboard plist in which case ill wait for the final release
    Sounds like something else that caused the icon reordering, this doesn't even do anything remotely like that even if it did install.

  10. #249
    iPhone? More like MyPhone yomommah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

    ok wtf! I tried to install this on ipod 111 and it crashes installer and now cuztomize crashes when i try to reorder my apps!

  11. #250
    is there a way to make it work on 1.1.4 Firmware?

  12. #251
    Did a manual Install (renamed to .bak on the phone and changed to 0775) but things went bad: my setting icon on the phone is dead. any suggestions? btw i'm running 1.1.1

  13. #252
    btw Chronic u know ur soft update for 1.1.4 is faulty right.

  14. #253

  15. #254
    It does. However, for the one who tried using installer on 1.1.1... as far as I know, it is NOT compatiable with iTouches yet.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

  16. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael754 View Post
    btw Chronic u know ur soft update for 1.1.4 is faulty right.
    Yes I kept it up because many people seemed to like using it as a workaround for getting v0.4 of this hack early since it wasn't up on installer yet. Still awaiting an e-mail from P_F, he's still working on moving the server so I'll just give him some time.

  17. #256
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas (Hook Em)
    Posts
    282
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    So how do you install it on Installer so it doesn't crash? The manual install was a nightmare. It changed me preferences icon and I couldn't get it back until the 1.1.4 update. That's why I was a "Guinea pig" (Doing it instantly after 1.1.4 was released using old ZiPhone) for the 1.1.4 update.

  18. #257
    I just downloaded the package, ssh'd to phone, set permissons to 0777 and all seems to be working(Great Work). I had the older 0.4 installed and nothing looks new in 0.47. Is there any way to check the version I'm running or am I just overlooking any new features? Thanks
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

  19. #258
    Doesn't look any different to me either. I don't think it really is

    Only difference I noticed was that speaker page is simply disabled without any message saying it's disabled.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

    matchplay (2008-03-05)

  21. #259
    There are Calendar tweaks in the Tweaks menu. There's supposed to be EDGE settings as well but they don't show up...

  22. #260
    Default Where is MobileScrobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by likwidfuzion View Post
    The Installer script is incorrect. It doesn't take in account for the "StockPreferences" folder in the install key.

    If you want to manually install:

    1. Download the zip - http://installerpackages.com/Extende...ences-0.47.zip
    2. On your device: Rename /Applications/Preferences.app to /Applications/Preferences.app.bak
    3. Copy /Applications/Preferences.app from the zip to /Applications on your device
    4. Set all files to 0775 (not 0755)
    Hey thanks, it worked. But I have lost the MobileScrobbler setting, do you know how I can plug this back in..
    Last edited by dalethefarmer; 2008-03-05 at 06:17 AM. Reason: I reinstalled MobileScrobbler, the settings for it are back to normal. Thanks.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •