Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Extended Preferences v0.4: Now bug free!

Quote Originally Posted by likwidfuzion View Post
    The Installer script is incorrect. It doesn't take in account for the "StockPreferences" folder in the install key.

If you want to manually install:

1. Download the zip - http://installerpackages.com/Extende...ences-0.47.zip
    2. On your device: Rename /Applications/Preferences.app to /Applications/Preferences.app.bak
    3. Copy /Applications/Preferences.app from the zip to /Applications on your device
    4. Set all files to 0775 (not 0755)
    did a manual install and works great on 114!

The Installer script is incorrect. It doesn't take in account for the "StockPreferences" folder in the install key.

2. On your device: Rename /Applications/Preferences.app to /Applications/Preferences.app.bak
    3. Copy /Applications/Preferences.app from the zip to /Applications on your device
    The weird thing is, that's for uninstall, so it should be fine...I think the problem might be is that it doesn't remove the original Preferences.app first, so I'll try that and see if I have any luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King Chronic For This Useful Post:

dhawalsinha (2008-03-04)

I am on a 1.1.4 (Ziphone) and during the install through installer it crashes back to springboard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a 1.1.3 jailbreak/unlock by ziphone, works great but during install of the Extended preferences from installer.app it crashes back to springboard as other have said, i read the first page and saw that it talked about on uninstall it removes the com.apple.springboard.plist or something that holds the order of the icons, is that true for 1.1.3 and this beta if so can u make sure thats fixed on the final release of .4

UPDATE: I just noticed that after trying to install extended preferences a couple times and it crashing back to the springboard, my icons had rearranged to a default order, so yes this beta version can delete the springboard plist in which case ill wait for the final release
    Last edited by xshad0w; 2008-03-04 at 03:42 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    The weird thing is, that's for uninstall, so it should be fine...I think the problem might be is that it doesn't remove the original Preferences.app first, so I'll try that and see if I have any luck.
    Thanks for the update!! I will take a look into it this afternoon or evening and play around with it.

sorry massive noob question:
    how do you set permissions? I can do all the ssh stuff but have no idea what permissions are. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coalpha View Post
    sorry massive noob question:
    how do you set permissions? I can do all the ssh stuff but have no idea what permissions are. thanks
    chmod -R 0775 /Applications/Preferences.app

Quote Originally Posted by xshad0w View Post
    I have a 1.1.3 jailbreak/unlock by ziphone, works great but during install of the Extended preferences from installer.app it crashes back to springboard as other have said, i read the first page and saw that it talked about on uninstall it removes the com.apple.springboard.plist or something that holds the order of the icons, is that true for 1.1.3 and this beta if so can u make sure thats fixed on the final release of .4

UPDATE: I just noticed that after trying to install extended preferences a couple times and it crashing back to the springboard, my icons had rearranged to a default order, so yes this beta version can delete the springboard plist in which case ill wait for the final release
    Sounds like something else that caused the icon reordering, this doesn't even do anything remotely like that even if it did install.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yomommah's Avatar
    Thanks

ok wtf! I tried to install this on ipod 111 and it crashes installer and now cuztomize crashes when i try to reorder my apps!

is there a way to make it work on 1.1.4 Firmware?

Did a manual Install (renamed to .bak on the phone and changed to 0775) but things went bad: my setting icon on the phone is dead. any suggestions? btw i'm running 1.1.1

btw Chronic u know ur soft update for 1.1.4 is faulty right.

It does. However, for the one who tried using installer on 1.1.1... as far as I know, it is NOT compatiable with iTouches yet.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael754 View Post
    btw Chronic u know ur soft update for 1.1.4 is faulty right.
    Yes I kept it up because many people seemed to like using it as a workaround for getting v0.4 of this hack early since it wasn't up on installer yet. Still awaiting an e-mail from P_F, he's still working on moving the server so I'll just give him some time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

So how do you install it on Installer so it doesn't crash? The manual install was a nightmare. It changed me preferences icon and I couldn't get it back until the 1.1.4 update. That's why I was a "Guinea pig" (Doing it instantly after 1.1.4 was released using old ZiPhone) for the 1.1.4 update.

I just downloaded the package, ssh'd to phone, set permissons to 0777 and all seems to be working(Great Work). I had the older 0.4 installed and nothing looks new in 0.47. Is there any way to check the version I'm running or am I just overlooking any new features? Thanks
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

Doesn't look any different to me either. I don't think it really is

Only difference I noticed was that speaker page is simply disabled without any message saying it's disabled.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

matchplay (2008-03-05)

There are Calendar tweaks in the Tweaks menu. There's supposed to be EDGE settings as well but they don't show up...

Default Where is MobileScrobbler

Hey thanks, it worked. But I have lost the MobileScrobbler setting, do you know how I can plug this back in..
    Last edited by dalethefarmer; 2008-03-05 at 06:17 AM. Reason: I reinstalled MobileScrobbler, the settings for it are back to normal. Thanks.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast