Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blank Webclip for Winterboard / Summerboard / 2.0

Lightbulb Blank Webclip for Winterboard - Updated w/ 8 Blank Clips!
    Now that we can finally skin our springboard, I had a go at putting together a very simple "Blank.app" which acts as a place holder so that you can display your full springboard background without any icons over it. I quite like having my 1st page of my springboard like this, I know others do as well.

To Install:

1. Download the zipped attachment below, and unzip it
    2. SSH to your iPhone's "/var/mobile/Library/Webclips" folder
    3. Copy the webclip to that folder
    4. Respring

To find the new Blank Webclip simply tap and hold any icon as if you're going to rearrange them, you'll notice the uninstall button floating over the Blank webclip. Furthermore, to Uninstall this Blank weblip, simply tap the "X"

Update

A New Zip file has been added which includes 8 Blank Web Clips. Install these as described above and get creative with your springboard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-4.png   -img_0001.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by x999x; 2008-08-29 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Added Extra Blank Clips

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to x999x For This Useful Post:

beezink (2008-08-06), FergusonsRedArmy (2008-09-22), garetpaddack (2008-08-29), kaician (2008-08-06), MsScooby (2008-09-03), Onemajorflaw (2008-08-31), rotaryheadrx7 (2008-08-06), tarfan (2008-08-02)

Thanks! Can't wait to get home and try it

OK I must be doing something wrong...not working for me.

NEVERMIND! Got it working Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by Megkins; 2008-08-06 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

(im lost whats it for? what is its purpose???)

lol im dumb and cant read
    Last edited by pingwhen; 2008-08-06 at 03:25 AM. Reason: lol im dumb and cant read :)
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

In order to have a blank page and show off your wallpaper, you have to have at least one blank app holding it's place or else the page would just delete because nothing is on it. Get it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Cool man. Thanks!

Glad to have helped

This has become especially useful now with Winterboard's background transitions

Anyway to put some icons in first line instead of blank icon ?

I dont quite follow, like just a row of icons in the top row, or only a few icons in the top row in a specific order/pattern?

Thanks

Default old blank app
    the old blank app that I was using on my 1.1.4 phone works just fine on 2.0 too.

How can I add 3 blank webclip icons to my first page? I'm reading the .plist but not sure what to change to add multiple's.. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cates044 View Post
    How can I add 3 blank webclip icons to my first page? I'm reading the .plist but not sure what to change to add multiple's.. Any ideas?
    I'm just about to head out for lunch, but when I return I can cobble together some more blank clips for you. I actually wanted to make a couple rows myself so I'll be adding this to the top post when I've got them sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    I'm just about to head out for lunch, but when I return I can cobble together some more blank clips for you. I actually wanted to make a couple rows myself so I'll be adding this to the top post when I've got them sorted out.
    That would be awesome. Thank you!

Nevermind, I figured out how to do it. Simply just add a blank "icon.png" and add a blank space in the string tag of the info.plist.

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    I dont quite follow, like just a row of icons in the top row, or only a few icons in the top row in a specific order/pattern?
    Yep having the icons in the first row only , is it possible ?

I like where the blank webclip takes you. We heart you too x999x!

Last edited by TheOrioles33; 2008-08-26 at 01:14 AM.

waooooo can you post this one pleaseeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    waooooo can you post this one pleaseeeeee
    The wallpaper? Here ya go. I got this at SCIPHONE.NET. Tons of sweet wallpapers.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2008-11-08)

thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    I like where the blank webclip takes you. We heart you too x999x!

Haha, I did that for my girlfriend, I forgot the clip was being sent there, lol!

Pretty sweet wallpaper btw!

As for the extra blank clips, sorry I have been late on this, but work was getting the best of me and I do need to pay my bills D:

That said, if you refer back to the first post in this thread you will find a new attachment for 8 blank webclips, this will allow you to create faux spaces between icons, a blank row, or whatever you can come up with :P

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast