Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winter board

ei guys everything is ok but can i ask how do i change the dock in customize because it wont apply everything else is working fine i imported my themes to customize applied it i can change the wallpaper etc etc but i cant change the dock still any ideas

and guys how do i add my own custom docks where do i SSH it so that it would appear in my customize menu
    Last edited by busog; 2008-08-04 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

they have to be modded appstore apps to change icons.even if you add them to your phone via shh it will take the icon but after restart the app will not load.
    THANK OR DIE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stereo313 For This Useful Post:

IronRooster (2010-06-22)

Ok I am experiencing a problem that has something to do with the Apps that I have installed from the AppStore application. It seems as though when I use Winterboard to theme my icons, the icon changes but there is still the transparency properties from the icons now over the newly added icon. It's kind of hard to explain so I've added a screenshot to help. The first three programs (Shazam, MySpace, and Showtimes) are all free programs that I installed via the AppStore - all the other apps (that the icons show up fine) were all SSH'd to my phone. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can edit the properties of icons for the apps that are installed via the AppStore so maybe I can set the transparency so that those black boxes around the icons would not show up. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I was messing around in the iTunesMetadata.plist file for Shazam and saw a line of code that read the following...

< string >http://a1.phobos.apple.com/us/r30/Purple/9e/3a/1d/mzl.iafktqzw.png< / string >
    < key >softwareIconNeedsShine< / key >
    I removed both lines of code but the black blocks still are there.

Last edited by codeseven; 2008-08-04 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by codeseven View Post
    Ok I am experiencing a problem that has something to do with the Apps that I have installed from the AppStore application. It seems as though when I use Winterboard to theme my icons, the icon changes but there is still the transparency properties from the icons now over the newly added icon. It's kind of hard to explain so I've added a screenshot to help. The first three programs (Shazam, MySpace, and Showtimes) are all free programs that I installed via the AppStore - all the other apps (that the icons show up fine) were all SSH'd to my phone. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can edit the properties of icons for the apps that are installed via the AppStore so maybe I can set the transparency so that those black boxes around the icons would not show up. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I was messing around in the iTunesMetadata.plist file for Shazam and saw a line of code that read the following...

I removed both lines of code but the black blocks still are there.

Yeah codeseven, I am having this problem and it looks like others are as well. The strange thing is that some of the App Store icons have this problem and some don't like MySpace.app icon changed fine but eBay.app won't.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

really happy wih this app, im loving it. I am really sick of endless themes being uploaded though. Maybe a filter could be made for cydia to filter out themes on the changes tab

For those guys whose winterboard is not working. There are new theme folders created every time you uninstall and reinstall the app. Hence uninstall. Then SSH and delete the themes folder. After this reinstall then SSH into the themes folder and set permissions to 0775 recursively for whole themes folder. Now everything works.

Winterboards working so far. One thing I am having trouble with both this and customize is finding themes that work....

wow, the latest ver of winterboard can support invisible status bar and dock finally

I'm not sure if it's a Winterboard problem, but some icons' backgrounds, specifically icons that aren't the rounded-square shape, don't appear as transparent. I'll get the icon with a black rounded-square shape behind it.

Is this happening to anyone else?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe someone can answer this. After using Winterboard, I can no longer change my dock with customize, It says its copied the file successfully, but the dock never changes. I've even uninstalled Winterboard, and the dock I used was still there.
    How can I change the dock without using a different winterboard theme?

Quote Originally Posted by ixbilalxi View Post

Love winterboard.
    what theme is that? looks great
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by stereo313 View Post
    if you replace appstore icons with it will it mess the app up.i thought i read some where if you just replace the icon without editing a bunch of stuff the will not work after reboot.

it also makes the wallpaper a little smaller.my icons on the bottom row hang off a little.status bar does not match right.can't wait till i can get the text off.

page 1 regular apps
    page 2 some moded appstore apps with icons changed by winterboard
    page 3 unmoded appstore apps with icons changed by winterboard

page 2 some moded appstore apps with icons changed by winterboard

how do they have to be moded to get the icons with out the black background... please help i don't understand what you mean by moded appstore apps
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vwaxman View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a WinterBoard problem, but some icons' backgrounds, specifically icons that aren't the rounded-square shape, don't appear as transparent. I'll get the icon with a black rounded-square shape behind it.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    yeah its happening to me with a theme where I rename an icon to "AIM" to have it replace the AOL instant messenger icon. I tried different icons from the same theme pack but i still get that black background on this only icon.
    this only happens to me with the "Travels in Dreamland" theme. AIM icon replacement seems to be working with all other themes I've tried.

Maybe it has to do with the size dimensions of the Icons...maybe appstore apps icons cant be as large as the rest?
    Last edited by PlatoTheForms; 2008-08-04 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emelin27 View Post
    yeah its happening to me with a theme where I rename an icon to "AIM" to have it replace the aol instant messenger icon. I tried different icons from the same theme pack but i still get that black background on this only icon.
    this only happens to me with the "Travels in Dreamland" theme. AIM icon replacement seems to be working with all other themes I've tried.
    For me, it's the Buff theme. Though it seems to happen in the new version of Customize as well.

Where are you guys getting themes that work from?

Ok i figured out how to fix the black box issue... read my lower post... i meant to merge them sorry
    Last edited by persichini; 2008-08-04 at 09:13 PM.
    www.martinisgifts.com

Thanks

I read where to change app store app icons you need to edit the existing icon, not replace it. The question I have is when I looked at teh file structure in teh iphone, they app store apps are in mobile/Applications/ 'some random characters/ "app name"/ Will Winterboard change these icons the samw way it changes the other icons. In other words, just name the icon with the app name, even though the icon is in a different location?

I always thought that theming programs like Winterboard, Summerboard, Customize were written so that it looked for files at a certain file location, but apparently it is using what is showing up on the springboard at least for icons?

Ok so i found a much easier way to get rid of the black box and the over lay on your AppStore icons.

In your theme folder make a directory <Your theme>\UIImages\
    in that sub directory place two blank transparent images in the png format

AppIconOverlay.png
    AppIconShadow.png

they should be 59x60

Respring your phone and its all fixed.

Apparently you can change and image thats in the Other.artwork file just by placing it in the <Your theme>\UIImages\ Directory you just need to have it named correctly here is a link to the name directory

http://test.saurik.com/winterboard/UIImages.txt
    Last edited by persichini; 2008-08-05 at 12:09 AM. Reason: spell check
    www.martinisgifts.com

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to persichini For This Useful Post:

cates044 (2008-08-04), PlatoTheForms (2008-08-05), SevenThirteen (2008-08-26)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

works perfectly for me. changes all icons 100%

icons must be named exactly as you see them on your iPhone in order for them to replace the default icons.

example: for brain challenge you dont name the icon BrainChallenge.png, it MUST be named BrainChal..png (because that s how the app's name appears on your phone)

Last edited by bts0uth; 2008-08-04 at 09:18 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettwerk View Post

A8stract Theme for 2.0
    Any update on this theme? This theme looks really sweet.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast