Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PocketGuitar - the Virtual Guitar

Now my PocketGuitar start. Thanks to you Gambit_Rah !!
    Last edited by microon; 2008-03-15 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazed87 View Post
    open terminal, log in as root

#cd /var/root
    #chmod 755 Media

close terminal
    thanks dazed,

but i managed it to work, i deleted all files and re install this application using installer and everything works well

thanks to the maker of this wonderfull application!

you are the man!! rock and roll!!!

Angry Need to change Folder Permission
    I need to modify the folder permission using MobileFinder, but it wont work.

I want to create a folder inside the MEDIA folder (/private/var/root/Media ), but i cant. cause its protected.

I want to move some files and folder so i can use my POCKETGUITAR. but that stupid MEDIA folder wont let me change his ATTRIBUTES. it keeps coming back to original permission which is READ-ONLY and EXEC. no WRITE permission..

I need help how to get rid of that permission.

tnx

Quote Originally Posted by pliskin10 View Post
    I need to modify the folder permission using MobileFinder, but it wont work.

I want to create a folder inside the MEDIA folder (/private/var/root/Media ), but i cant. cause its protected.

I want to move some files and folder so i can use my POCKETGUITAR. but that stupid MEDIA folder wont let me change his ATTRIBUTES. it keeps coming back to original permission which is READ-ONLY and EXEC. no WRITE permission..

I need help how to get rid of that permission.

tnx
    in order to get mobile finder to work you have to change its own permissions, so its kind of the chicken and the egg scenario. you need to ssh in with a desktop and change the permissions on the mobile finder app itsself (and recursively also probably), and then it will be able to change permissions for you on the go again. of course, if you're using ssh, you might as well just change the pocketguitar perms while you're there and kill two birds with one stone, but in anycase, you shouldn't have the problem happen again with finder not working.

Default Help!!
    I tryed downloading pocketguitar and it kept crashing so i uninstalled it but now i cant find the it on the installer, is their any way i can get it back?

PocketGuitar 0.3 is available now, which works on firmware 1.1.3/1.1.4 without any tweaks. It also has a refined graphic.
    You can update it from the Installer.

ya i saw that ....its a good and beetteeer oneeeeeeeeeee

Default ok it says u can have guitar sessions with songs on ur ipod. but how do you do this?
    ok i already have pocket guitar app installed and workin but how do i have song session or w/e with song on my ipod.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Athlete473 View Post
    ok i already have pocket guitar app installed and workin but how do i have song session or w/e with song on my ipod.
    1. Open iPod
    2. Start playing a track/song
    3. Go back to springboard
    4. Open PocketGuitar
    5. ROCK OUT!

BTW: Same would work with Pianist, Drummer, Guitarist, Sinewave, etc.
    Last edited by fastdump; 2008-04-13 at 11:56 PM.

Hello Shinya
    Pocket Guitar is very cool app!!
    Thx
    Do you think to develop a "pocket Ukulele"?
    That would be great:
    4 Strings
    GCEA strings
    All the Ukuele Community of the web would be amazed!
    Thx

Default 0.3.1 on 1.1.4 still crashing
    Read the threads... Here's the issue....

Installed 0.3.1.
    Seems to hang on extracting samples for a while, then finishes..

The files are not in var/Media at all. No pocket guitar folder there at all.

They are in User/Media instead!! EDIT: (which is var/mobile/Media, used shortcut)

Permissions are correct for all folders.

I think I'm going to copy those files over to root/var/media and give it a try.

Any suggestions???(running 1.1.4)
    Last edited by intrglctcrevfnk; 2008-05-08 at 05:49 AM.

PocketGuitar 0.3 and later reads the samples from /var/mobile/Media/PocketGuitar on firmware 1.1.4, so you don't need to copy them to /var/root/Media. Do the *.mp3 and *.raw files exist under /var/mobile/Media/PocketGuitar?

Quote Originally Posted by intrglctcrevfnk View Post
    Read the threads... Here's the issue....

Installed 0.3.1.
    Seems to hang on extracting samples for a while, then finishes..

The files are not in var/Media at all. No pocket guitar folder there at all.

They are in User/Media instead!!

Permissions are correct for all folders.

I think I'm going to copy those files over to root/var/media and give it a try.

Any suggestions???(running 1.1.4)

Quote Originally Posted by shinya View Post
    PocketGuitar 0.3 and later reads the samples from /var/mobile/Media/PocketGuitar on firmware 1.1.4, so you don't need to copy them to /var/root/Media. Do the *.mp3 and *.raw files exist under /var/mobile/Media/PocketGuitar?
    Yeah. They are in /var/mobile/Media/PocketGuitar.

I copied them over to var/root/mobile but that did not help. I've sinced removed those copied files (in root/media)

Still going to black screen and then crashing back to springboard.

PS. Im using Cydia with 1.1.4 so it seems like all should be working. AFAIK BSD subsystem is either installed or not necessary with Cydia. (im a n00b, just came over from WinMo and jailbroke a week ago, so there is a learing curve from WinMo, which I hacked the crap out of.)

Ive uninstalled, removed leftover files from /mobile related to pocketguitar and reinstalled, but to no avail.

Really wish I could figure this out.....

Hmm, you don't need BSD subsystem to run the current version of PocketGuitar.
    If you have SSH or Terminal installed into your iPhone, can you run the following command from the shell and see if it shows any errors?

/Applications/PocketGuitar.app/PocketGuitar

Quote Originally Posted by intrglctcrevfnk View Post
    Yeah. They are in /var/mobile/Media/PocketGuitar.

I copied them over to var/root/mobile but that did not help. I've sinced removed those copied files (in root/media)

Still going to black screen and then crashing back to springboard.

PS. Im using Cydia with 1.1.4 so it seems like all should be working. AFAIK BSD subsystem is either installed or not necessary with Cydia. (im a n00b, just came over from WinMo and jailbroke a week ago, so there is a learing curve from WinMo, which I hacked the crap out of.)

Ive uninstalled, removed leftover files from /mobile related to pocketguitar and reinstalled, but to no avail.

Really wish I could figure this out.....

Quote Originally Posted by shinya View Post
    Hmm, you don't need BSD subsystem to run the current version of PocketGuitar.
    If you have SSH or Terminal installed into your iPhone, can you run the following command from the shell and see if it shows any errors?

/Applications/PocketGuitar.app/PocketGuitar
    Just ran that code...

Came back with an error code 133 and error message -sh line 34; 222/Trace/BPT trap.

hmmmmm.....

Im still a n00b so Im going to google it now...

EDIT: I fixed it a while ago, but forgot to update.
    Restored and used installer instead of cydia.
    installed pocket guitar.
    worked fine!
    Last edited by intrglctcrevfnk; 2008-06-15 at 08:58 PM.

Hi shinya and All,

Thanks for this great application! I really think many people didn't get to the bottom of its potential. Here are some demos:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51cWRrZdkwk"]Nothing Else Matters (Metallica) [/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT8ei5wi5B8"]Tapping stuff [/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hIpTo410oU"]Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd) [/ame]

Some suggestions on making this program even better:

-More samples: 12 Strings guitar; Telecaster; Metal distortion; Rock overdrive, Nylon guitar...
    -Remove top panel (sim, battery, date, volume) - just don't display it! we got so little space, so any mm is valueble!
    -Use shake for pitch and/or volume vibrations would be awesome. was mentioned before in the home page, I think.
    -Configurable settings to enable hammer-on from open string; taping mode - no need to strum. Pull off etc.
    -setting touch sensitivity - I think there is an API in the SDK for that.
    Last edited by Bend; 2008-06-29 at 07:57 PM.

Where I can download the Pocket Guitar.

Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericknaponte View Post
    Where I can download the Pocket Guitar.

Thanks!

If your iPhone is jailbroken you can get it from Installer. It's on the modmyi source.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GADeputy For This Useful Post:

ericknaponte (2008-07-21)

And if it isn't jailbroken how can I install and download ( I'm a newbie )

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast