Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PocketGuitar - the Virtual Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneHero View Post
    i keep getting "main script execution failed!" error in installer.

i had the same problem.. to solve it i uninstalled bsd lite subsystem and installed the regular bsd subsystem

-sean

just building off a previous post. it would be great if it could pull off on to an open string like 1p0. or hammer on from an open string. 0h1. but the hammer on part might cause problems with the string muting so it hard to differentiate from a hammer on and a mute.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1029 View Post
    well, nobody can really play any songs not even halfway decent. Not even me, even knowing how to play real guitar. I can try to just play the intro of "Smoke on the Water" by deep purple and put it on YouTube, but I can't guarantee it.
    That would be awesome and a perfect way to brag about my phone to non believers.
    1win.1 loss.1 draw

Does anyone know when v0.2 will be released in installer?

Currently it shows v0.1 and i want to install without relying on the BSD subsystem.

Thanks!

Seriously... can someone just copy the files from their phone with (iphonebrowser or similar) and just put them in a zip file for me quick?

Talking play the edge on iphone
    Doctorplin play Sunday Bloody Sunday U2 on iphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLL-d8bqW24

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Intuitive... Very neat idea. Surprisingly good implementation as well!
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Hello i didn't find pocketguitar on installer can anybody help me ?

i cant find v0.2

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Is there a 0.2? I have not seen it nor heard from the developer... someone pm me the link and I will list it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

0.2 is almost ready, but hasn't been released yet. I'll add few more fixes and release it this weekend. I don't have very much time to work no this on weekdays :P

Thanks

Ah cool. No hurry, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a release!

Excellent work.
    Wanted to share a couple of thoughts.
    1) It might be good to make it possible to choose the fret numbers on screen.
    For example the intro of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" only requires frets 2,3,5,7,8 - so no point in having fret 1 and fret 6 on screen.
    2) Can you use iPhone's tilt function in this program? As an idea when the top part of the iPhone is in the normal holding position the screen can display a first set of frets (ex. 1-4) but when the bottom right corner is tilted downwards or upwards it can slide to show a second set (ex. 5-8).

I can't install it, 'cause i don't see it on installer (and i added the source)

What's can be wrong?

Cheers.

Thanks

You shouldn't have had to add any source - ModMyI is a community source.

Please check under the Toys section. Make sure you've refreshed your source!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

caigkoro (2008-01-25)

this is definately my favorite app, and is probably the best app in the repos. Its so easy to play and learn new songs, especially with ultimate-guitar.com, and with this, i can play songs that my brother has been learning for weeks. As the proud owner of some pretty fat fingers, however, i have some suggestions that would make the app less frustrating overall. First off, definately make the frets able to be enlarged both vertically and horizontally - like said above, why display the extra frets when theyre not needed? Also, the rubberbanding scroll is a great idea. With the fret markers, maybe even the fret number displayed on 5,7,9,12, etc, it will be easy to scroll thru the entire fretboard. And another issue should be addressed as well - with the acoustic, some combinations of frets seemed to be unplayable. I dont know if thats because of my fat fingers or a glitch in the program, but if others have the same problem, its worth looking into. Most important are the adjustments to the fretboard to make chords less of a nightmare. Great app.

Edit: i forgot to mention one very important thing: i dont know if this is possible given the iphones hardware, but the app should let one finger fret more than one string at a time. Its an unnecessary difficulty, especially with the small fretboard, that i cant play a 3,3,3,3,3 chord with one finger. It doesnt seem likely that this is possible, but i figured i migjt as well give it a shot.
    Last edited by parm289; 2008-01-25 at 05:58 AM.

Well you all suck, so i did it myself...

Here are the files and a small guide on how to install PocketGuitar MANUALLY... I have it working on my 1.0.2 iPhone. This app does seem to make my iPhone a bit unstable :-s... Life goes on...

http://rapidshare.de/files/38408848/...r-0.1.zip.html

Default 0.2 is now available in PodMap.net repository
    0.2, finally with adjustable frets, is now available from my repostory - http://podmap.net/apps

Here are the changes since 0.1:

- Don't change system volume on startup
    - Added left-handed option
    - Made bass sounds a bit louder, especially for the higher frequency - it's still hard to hear on very small speakers though.
    - Added "Edit Fretboard" setting that where you can adjust the distance between frets, the size of the fretboard and the position of strings.
    - The settings are now stored into disk.
    - Re-implemented exctract_samples script in C so that it no longer requires BSD subsystem.

poetic_folly, can you add this to MMi community source? I'll remove it from my source once it's copied to MMi. Note that the extract_samples.sh has been changed from a shell script to a native application so that it no longer requires BSD subsystem. The plist can be downloaded at http://podmap.net/apps/plists/Toys/PocketGuitar.plist

20. The Following User Says Thank You to shinya For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (2008-01-26)

Arrow How to install
    Ok i got some basic questions.

Do you need to jailbreak the ipod touch to use this app?

Where what link do i need to get this installer from this website?

Any idea of this app works for firmware update 1.1.3 on a ipod touch?

Sorry I am just frustrated trying to figure out how to install this awesome lil app.

Wow, this is a massive improvement, thank you! Really nice implementation on the adjustable frets. I haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time with it yet, but it seems like with a little practice, this will be quite playable, at least for working out ideas and such.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast