Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [New Game Port]Yeti3D for iPhone

Default [New Game Port]Yeti3D for iPhone
    Hello! I've released a first version of Yeti3D (3d game engine - old style - like Wolf3d-Doom) port for iPhone

If someone wants to give it a try you can find it here: http://www.marcogiorgini.com/public/...Yeti3D.app.zip (app to put in Application folder on iPhone)

Here you can find the Win32 "simulation" of that program: http://www.marcogiorgini.com/public/...DforIphone.zip
    (I mean - a Win32 app that looks like the iPhone version - I'm working on a little wizard/"framework" for developing/testing apps on Windows with VC 6.0 - while, obv, cross-compiling it with cygwin toolchain - and this is "that" part of the app)

Note: it's based on GPL version by Derek J. Evans. It's still a work-in-progress - but everything's working. Surely I must improve input (now there's a little onscreen pad).

You if like it (or you have comments or suggestions) please let me know.

Page (in italian) about this: http://www.marcogiorgini.com/articoli.asp?art=109
    Last edited by kmarco71; 2008-01-18 at 08:38 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool, thanks for this, will you be continuing development or is this more a proof of concept for you?

Yes, I'm going to work on this app so to make it a "small" complete game (I mean with menu, score, live and so on) :-) - at least if someone is interested in that :-D...

I think I recognize those textures... Quake 1? Are there any NIN Nailgun crates in your game? (just giving you friendly trouble.)

its workin and looking werry nice i like... maybe it could be multiplayer game for all iphone useres ?

Thanks

sad, i cannot get this app to running. when i start it, after some seconds it switched back to springboard.

but im looking forward to this one; if it will work at my phone

-------------------------
    -german iPhone, 1.1.2, jailbreaked, tmobile
    -powerbook g4, 1,5Ghz, 1,25GB Ram
    - iPod Nano 1st gen, 4GB, Black

Quote Originally Posted by clonyphone View Post
    sad, i cannot get this app to running. when i start it, after some seconds it switched back to springboard.

Most likely you have not set your file permissions for the app. You must set the files to 755 (thats what I normally set everything too). If not, when the program launches it will close immediately.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Permission

Did you set permissions to 0755?

Nice game by the way, tried the windows version, gonna put it on my iPhone now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default How to install
    Hey ive copied it to the apps folder, but ive never installed an app from my pc before so please tell me what to do? i think i gotta change the permissions to 455 using some app but i dont know which app n how to do that...Also i read somewhere that its possible with mobilefinderapp on the iphone...I messed around with mobilefinder, changed permissions to 493, but no icon appears on the springboard .the icon is present on the mobilefinder tho

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

can somebody put this on the MMI source already? I've been dying to try it. (Yes, I can install it manually. I know. I've had my iPhone since day 1. I just dont want to download winSCP again.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    Did you set permissions to 0755?
    yes i have set permissions to 0755 with cyberduck. i have done that serveral times with other apps, so i should know how to install an app manually. but it still doesnt work. i dont know why.

-------------------------
    -german iPhone, 1.1.2, jailbreaked, tmobile
    -powerbook g4, 1,5Ghz, 1,25GB Ram
    - iPod Nano 1st gen, 4GB, Black

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Strange
    yes i have set permissions to 0755 with cyberduck. i have done that serveral times with other apps, so i should know how to install an app manually. but it still doesnt work. i dont know why.
    Hmm, that is strange, unfortunately I can't try it because I have no means of manually accessing the filesystem from my PC which is running Vista x64. SCP won't connect and none of the cable method browsers work, so no access for me.

Clonyphone....have you set permission to 0755 on the Yeti3D file itself (within the app folder)...I was running into the same problem ubtil I realised that I needed to set the file permissions on the file itself and not just the app folder. Just a thought, but I'm sure that you may have tried this already...
    Marco...very cool app...Thanks!

Can you post this on installer? No one uses computers anymore....

Thanks

Its on Installer, at least some part of it.

When I launch it, it's just a demon you can move around; like a 3d picture.

hey just installed. the game runs very smoothly, just have to work on the controls and weapons in the game. nice start

what source can I find this under?

very cool game!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Default Yeti3D update
    Hello - and thanks for trying my app :-)
    In these few days I've made some updates - and I hope you can find the time to check them too.
    First - I've improved quality of light rendering (now everything's a bit darker - but I can tweak gamma easily - maybe putting this option available to users) and - second - now enemies are not sprite anymore, but 3d models (quake II models - to be exact). Now you can go around and shoot them - and they get hurt and then finally die. I'll add some 3D props (object to collect) soon.
    This - at moment - paying just a little reduction in gaming speed (that I hope I can fix).
    What I still haven't found is a way to get a decend user input - on screen pad is a bit bigger than before AND sensible in a different way. It's better (I think) but not better enough. I think I have to find a different way to get input to move around the "hero".

BTW: now resource file are outside the application folder - so if you want to have a look you have to download the new zip then put Yeti3D.app in Application folder and the res folder in \var\root\Media\Yeti3Dfolder (there's a note inside the zip AND res file are in the same subpath they need to be in the iPhone). Ah - yes (thanks) Yeti3D file need to be set 0755 in order to work.

For the moment I think that's all. Surely I'm going to work on this app - at least till I got something that can be enjoyed a little bit :-D

Bye
    M

I had the same problem but I turned my flightmode on and it seemed to fix the problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast